|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions  >  DIY

> My Chevrolet Express van Class B- camper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 22  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Black'95

South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 04:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Winter time keeps me working in my garage, often on my van. I had a shelf in the rear under the bed that I used to store our flip-out tent. We don't carry it anymore so I had some wasted space just waiting for me to fill it. My wife, a good internet searcher, found a couple of black trays that just fit the space of 3"x18"x36". I added a divider in the middle to make a space for two of these trays. Next I added a handle and then proceeded to fill them. My next job is to add labels covered in clear plastic tape to remind me what I have in them.

Black trays in place right below the bed mattress.
[image]

Black trays pulled out to access stored supplies in the left tray and electrical cords in the right.
[image]

J herb

So. Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/20 08:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HI Mike,
it's a never ending thing trying to get enough room for all the things we want to take with us, I'm still changing things around under the bed for the best fit. When we take the trailer out I remove somethings that I don't want for just van travel and put things in for trailer travel.

J herb

drsolo

Milwaukee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/20 09:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

J herb wrote:

HI Mike,
it's a never ending thing trying to get enough room for all the things we want to take with us,

LOL... I have the opposite problem. I keep leaving more stuff at home when we head to Florida for 6 months. And I keep finding more space for stuff and dont have anything more I want to take. So I keep shuffling things around so it isnt out in the open and looks like I have less stuff. Out of 12 drawers only 3 are packed tight, the first aid stuff, the hardware, and the electronics drawer. And this despite adding another doggie crate for my recently acquired Pom.
I think I freed up a lot of room by not loading up on food or kitchen equipment. We leave duplicates in our trailer down in Florida.

Ingrid and Dan Retired teachers from Milwaukee, WI
1992 GMC Vandura conversion

Black'95

South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/20 04:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I woke up to a winter storm day, so it was time for me to work in the garage and wood shop again on another project for my camper van conversion. I didn't have a real good table for days and nights that we have to spend time in the camper instead of enjoying the outside. I made a folding table that attached to my side door. I used 1/2" PVC pipe for the support leg. It works great when I swivel the seat around. My wife has a folding camp chair that she uses on the other side of the table.
[image]

I added a little fold down section to the table so that I could still access the door handle and locks. The PVC table leg is stored in the cabinet with my camera tripod during travel.
[image]

The 1/2" PVC table leg support is connected to the table with a PVC end cap that is screwed into the bottom of my table.
[image]

I lined the side of the table bracket board that faces the side door with some sticky-back felt. I used the bolts from the door's grab assist handle along with some oversized washers to attach the folding table to the door.
[image]

When it is all folded up, I hardly notice the extra wood on the door. Two small eye-hooks and an orange rubber coated twist-tie for cords holds it in place when folded up. I got this idea from other van conversions like those of LenS.
[image]

* This post was edited 02/12/20 04:36pm by Black'95 *

J herb

So. Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/20 09:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mike,
I like your table setup and a good use of space and so nice to have the swivel seat. When I get my swivel seat done I thing it will work with my drop leaf table by the sliding door.
We have had a few days of good weather and I got some work done around here as I'm having a 15'x 30'pavement done for the van to park on.

drsolo

Milwaukee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/20 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My converted conversion van doubles as a construction van to haul stuff when we are at home so I have made it modular and easy to move pieces in and out. My table is a TV tray [image] that tucks out of the way. I also use it for cooking outside by covering it with a silicone baking mat that doubles as a cutting board. It has also been used to hold my dish satellite up off the ground.

drsolo

Milwaukee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/20 07:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The latest addition to my RVan is a safety bar on the side door. Took the wimpy handle off and replaced it with a bathroom safety bar that has a textured grip. It is wonderful. [image]

Black'95

South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/20 08:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

drsolo wrote:

The latest addition to my RVan is a safety bar on the side door. Took the wimpy handle off and replaced it with a bathroom safety bar that has a textured grip. It is wonderful.

You are my kind of man. I like your ideas about the multi-use table and the safety bar. From my old science teaching days, my motto was always "bigger is better." The students didn't think so when it was a quiz or a test!

drsolo

Milwaukee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/20 09:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Black'95 wrote:

drsolo wrote:

The latest addition to my RVan is a safety bar on the side door. Took the wimpy handle off and replaced it with a bathroom safety bar that has a textured grip. It is wonderful.

You are my kind of man. I like your ideas about the multi-use table and the safety bar. From my old science teaching days, my motto was always "bigger is better." The students didn't think so when it was a quiz or a test!

Well... woman, but I am also a retired science teacher. LOL.
[image]

Black'95

South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/20 03:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

drsolo wrote:

Well... woman, but I am also a retired science teacher. LOL.

Sorry, my mistake. I shouldn't assume! Now I am even more impressed! Not only can she work on vans, she can cook too! Or did a man make the cake for you? It looks delicious!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 22  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions  >  DIY

> My Chevrolet Express van Class B- camper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.