|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Rebuild is moving forward! pj

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 21  
Next
Sponsored By:
pjay9

Tacoma, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/15 10:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As I announced that I was going thru with a rebuild a number of months ago...I need to do an update.

The RV rebuild place here in Tacoma had a fire. I stopped by the following week and found out that they were in the relocation planning process and needed some time to get the new facility ready and salvage the usable equipment. It turns out that the new facility needed some work to get ready for the move (incidentally in the same complex next door) and there are some delays.

I spoke with them last week and it is projected that I can get in very soon...hooray! So that has propmpted me to get going on clearing out and taking stuff apart.

Yesterday was shirt sleeve temps. I removed the storage boxes off the back and emptied the outside compartments, plus removed just about everything form the inside. A good days efforts!

One thing I did find as many have pointed out, that there was stuff that I hadn't used in drawers and outside hatches...so it is NOT going back. This type of effort makes you do that!

2005 Lance 1161, 2004 Dodge CTD 3500 Dually 19.5's Stabiloads Roadmaster Sway, 2009 20' Raider 185 Pro Fish 90hp & 9.9 Yamaha vintage Penn elec.downriggers EZLoad roller trailer

bighatnohorse

Gig Harbor - Cave Creek

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/15 01:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is that Westcraft RV Repair that had the fire?
They're a great shop and know their stuff.

2014 Lance 1181
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. . ." -Mark Twain

pjay9

Tacoma, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/15 04:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lentz was the place over off of S. Tac Way near bus barn. They had moved about a year ago from Mntn Hwy.

* This post was edited 02/16/15 01:26pm by pjay9 *

pjay9

Tacoma, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/15 01:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some empty places.
[image]

[image]

* This post was edited 02/18/15 12:17pm by pjay9 *

pjay9

Tacoma, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/15 12:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yesterday was a bit of a fight. I removed all the valances. There was no simple way to do it...the screws holding them in place were hidden under the fabric and black. There was no install system by the crew that did the work...some screws were in the corners, some inches in from edge even the two that were exactly the same the screws were not placed in the same place. It took close to 4 hours to get them all out. 13 screws and only 3 I didn't find...lucky for me they were not driven into a backing beam, just thin board...easy to yank out...still a hassel. Sure gald I didn't pay a tech to do this...I will reinstall with finish washers so it is easy to remove next time...but will there be a next time! Once they were all out the place looks so big and uncluttered...wondering how I can still have privacy and good shades. Ideas welcome.
[image]
FRONT WINDOW will be gone!
[image]
TRYING TO FIND SCREW
[image]

* This post was last edited 04/17/15 09:20pm by an administrator/moderator *   View edit history

deltabravo

Spokane, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/15 12:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pjay9 wrote:

Lentz was the place over off of S. Tac Way near bus barn. They had moved about a year ago from Mntn Hwy.

I will have to stop by their new shop when I'm back on the wet side of the state next month.

I thought they moved to Pacific Avenue, based on what a friend told me.

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2009 Arctic Fox 811 (bought new 11/9/09)
2015 Nash 17k (bought pre-owned 5/23/18)
2008 Haulmark 8.5x20 toy box trailer

pjay9

Tacoma, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/15 04:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Give them a call 253 381 2868

pjay9

Tacoma, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/15 05:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In the Lance I found that the old style CRT TV cabinet is screwed in place from the outside, wall and roof and thru the pantry on the inside. I want to trim the back off so it is not so deep. It will still accomodate the new LCD screen and TV Dish box. This will eliminate the overhang at the foot of the bed...it was a knee basher in the middle of the night. Will get it unscrewed when the outside gets peeled.

Also discovered that the driver's side inside wall of the cabover near the side window is very soft...not unexpected, but didn't find this until the valance was down.

pjay9

Tacoma, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/15 05:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The two slide end windows have the bulking valances that sometime get in the way. With the valnace gone it looks so much bigger. So I did some research today and will most likely cover them with Ocean Air roller blinds...there is a reseller in Seattle. OCEANAIR

[image]

[image]

pjay9

Tacoma, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/02/15 10:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Today was very productive. Got some estimates for windows. Price came in for the new window covers/blind, not cheap but worth it for my use. Almost decided on the replacement marine style hatch for over the bed, Vetus 6363.
Got a call from Lentz, they can take the TC anytime. Have a few more things to do before drop it off. Removed most of the window screws and bagged them and taped to window, it will save time for them and me a few bucks. Removed some outside fittings, hatch hold open clips, side lights, door assit handle (thought I'd not reinstall it until I went to get in the TC and I grabbed for it and it was not there...it is going back on.
All this really means it will be getting done! I had to smile tonight, thinking about it, FINALLY! Notice my tabs had expired, well I am going over to DMV to see about a delay in renewal as it is not road worthy! All they can say is NO!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 21  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Rebuild is moving forward! pj
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS