|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Hot Tub in Your Campsite

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
DutchmenSport

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/15 05:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bucky Badger wrote:

DutchmenSport wrote:

My wife just ordered one for me, for my birthday (April 16)! $399 from vm innovations inc. No tax either! Free Shipping!

During the course of this entire topic, I keep remembering from my childhood a Bugs Bunny cartoon. I did a quick Google search and found the image. Does this kind of remind you something?

When you get it please give us an update and the ins and outs of it..thinking of getting something small for home

Here ya go Bucky Badger! It arrived today, took about 45 minutes from box to completely set up (not knowing what I was doing and even watching the video). And it's filling with water now (almost full).

Actually, our laundry room is just off the family room, so I attached a garden hose to the hot water side of the washing machine faucet and started filling the tub. The water is NOW high enough the pump is running heating the water. A 30 gallon water heater doesn't put out THAT much hot water. BUT, it put out enough I could get in the tub and try it out! It's running right now as we are watching television (actually... watching "The Profit" on Hulu right now).

My first impressions.... VERY easy to set up, and I imagine, take down is just as easy. To drain, I'll just attach the same garden hose and run it out the front door into the yard.

It's now full, took about 45 minutes to fill it. Water is filtered through our house water filter system and water softener. The pump is very quiet.

About campgrounds, I think this small tub is a non-threat! It's small enough it would fit in the bed of my pick-up truck! I could then just drive it off the campsite, pull the plug and let the water drip on the road as I drive. No different than water in the bed of one's truck after a heavy rain or winter snow! (I'm just pipe dreaming now ... don't take that serious please).

Anywhere. Here ya go!

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/15 06:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LOL! Thanks for not standing up!!! [emoticon]

I now wish I would`ve picked this up over Christmas for the $299 it was on sale for! [emoticon]

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

marcsbigfoot20b27

Phx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/15 08:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wait till you turn on the bubbles.....it's serious.

BeckyIO

On the Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/21/15 08:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Haha! Pretty neat. I'm a frugal camper and I've only stayed in one RV park the whole 2.5 years I've been on the road that had a hot tub, it was amazing. Even better, it was in Reno, NV and was open year round. Was in it in December while viewing snow in the Sierras above.

Don't think I'd invest the time and money into getting a portable one, maybe I'll make friends with a camper who does. [emoticon]

Becky
Life's too short not to spend it doing something you love.
Lessons on the full-time RVing journey (my blog): Interstellar Orchard

rerod

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/15 08:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

profdant139 wrote:

Think how great it would be to have one of these while boondocking in a really remote location! You could float around at night, looking up at the stars, even on a cold evening. Heavenly!

Unfortunately, I would not want to run my generator all the time to heat the water -- maybe a wood fired portable hot tub, filled with water from a mountain stream??

It'll never happen, at least not for me. Fun idea, though.

Yeah, I'm not much for bathing with strangers watching.. But remote? Heck YES !!

Problem I see, is after you fill it from the stream or lake, which you need to be 100 feet away from.. Will the ranger make you hire a septic truck to remove the grey water? Or fine you right after you dump it?

12 valve ram

DutchmenSport

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/17/15 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport update:

Coleman Hot Tub still working wonderful in the family room. I've not had to ad any air to keep it blown up. Leaving the top on it when no in use eliminates water evaporation and putting moisture in the house. We keep spa chemical in it so the water is crystal clear. We clean the filters every day. We turn the pump off at night when we go to bed, turn it back on in the morning when we go to work so it will heat back back up to 104 when we get home from work. On week-ends we keep it running all the time.

Water usage in the house has dropped. Our electric bill has dropped (we're on a well) in spite of running the pump on the hot tub. I drain the tub about 2/3rd down every 2 weeks now to replenish with fresh water. I simply siphon with a garden hose and refill with the same home from the Laundry Room. I put a Y connector on the hot water side of the washing machine faucet with a quick disconnect so I don't have to unhook the washing machine every time.

Now ... about draining .... Seems everyone on this thread is most critical about draining, gray water, and such ...

I drain it when I do the water replenish out our back door right in the grass. And to settle this discussion for all the critics, it's NOT that much water! 225 gallons is not much at all. The spot where it drains in the grass gets more mushy after a gentle rain than the water from the tub when draining.

We don't use chlorine in the tub, we use bromine and it does not hurt the grass at all. Any chemical smell (which there really isn't any), dissipates in the air almost immediately. Because it drain slow, the ground absorbs as fast as it drains. No problem with wet spots, mushy ground, or water running down hill.

About usage IN the house! It's not a swimming pool where you can do cannon ball dives in, or a kiddie pool where kids splash.

Yes, we have our 2 year old grandson living with us. He LOVES the tub. He knows NOT to splash and jump around. We don't let him. We keep the cover on when not in use and keep the catches latched (there are 6 of them to secure the lid).

My cat has learned not to sleep on top of the tub. We broke him from jumping up on top of it simply by pouring a bucket of water on the top of the lid. Because its flexible and filled with air, when the cat jumps up on it, his weight cause the water to rush toward him. Well, after that happened twice, he's NEVER been back on top of the tub lid.

We absolutely love this tub. It's a lot of fun, and especially being inside the house, in the family room (which a concrete floor covered with stone tile), any small amounts of water that make the floor wet doesn't hurt anything. And to soak in the tub and watch the big screen TV above the fire place is simply WONDERFUL, 6 or 7 times a day!

The only problem we have wit the tub ... we go through a LOT of towels!

Don't know if we'd ever take this camping with us now though. We enjoy it so much in the house, I'd hate to take it somewhere, set it up, just to have a jealous camper punch it with a knife out of meanness!

[image]

[image]

[image]

marcsbigfoot20b27

Phx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/17/15 12:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport, glad you are having a great time!
I'm about to head back to mexico in 3 days and set it up on the beach again. Nothing like coming out of the ocean and right in the hot tub......especially at night looking at the stars.

wrenchbender

Phx

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/15 12:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope you got WRECKED AT THE REEF.

marcsbigfoot20b27

Phx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/17/15 03:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wrenchbender wrote:

I hope you got WRECKED AT THE REEF.

ABSOLUTELY!!
One of the reasons I stay at the Reef, so I can walk next door and get wrecked at Wrecked At The Reef bar.

I know all the girl bartenders there (3 hot sisters) and cook up some good food for them while I'm there. Maybe I'll get a pic of them in the hot tub next week!

proxim2020

Houston

View Profile

Posted: 05/18/15 07:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I thought about this topic last week when I saw a similar unit at Walmart. It was the Intex PurSpa and it was $329.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Hot Tub in Your Campsite
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.