|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Hot Tub in Your Campsite

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
kevden

brewer, maine

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/15 01:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A hot tub would be great when camping in the walmart parking lot[emoticon]

2012 Keystone Outback 312bh

2003 GMC Yukon XL 2500 4X4 Quadrasteer

2010 VW Routan
2007 Chrysler Pacifica AWD

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/15 03:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kevden wrote:

Especially considering the one the OP posted is sold by WalMart!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/15 06:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The small, public, county owned, campgrounds I frequent would let you get away with it . They wouldn't care unless everybody at the campground showed up with one.

They might complain about the dead grass but, that is easily solved be setting it where the grass is already dead. These parks are so well used they have a hard time keeping the grass growing near the campers anyway.

hawkeye-08

Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/15 07:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I say, do it if you want, use some common sense and don't ruin it for others. As for the electric and water use, the park knows what the water and electric bill is and if they need to charge for metered electric and/or water use, that is their decision.

DutchmenSport

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/15 07:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife just ordered one for me, for my birthday (April 16)! $399 from vm innovations inc. No tax either! Free Shipping!

During the course of this entire topic, I keep remembering from my childhood a Bugs Bunny cartoon. I did a quick Google search and found the image. Does this kind of remind you something?

[image]

Not necessarily so ridiculous though. I found this one too:

[image]

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/15 08:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CavemanCharlie wrote:

The small, public, county owned, campgrounds I frequent would let you get away with it . They wouldn't care unless everybody at the campground showed up with one.

They might complain about the dead grass but, that is easily solved be setting it where the grass is already dead. These parks are so well used they have a hard time keeping the grass growing near the campers anyway.

I imagine government owned parks would be the best place to use them because utility cost are not part of the equation for the employees working there.
Taxpayers will provide all the funds necessary no matter what. Making a profit is not critical. Therefore the cost to heat the pools or provide the water are irrelevant.
If water use or utilities increase the taxpayers will cover it. Use as much as you want the taxpayers don't care!

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/15 05:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My take on this after thinking about it is that I would probably be using it in the fall when it is cool. the rates are usually the same. you more than likely will not be using the A/C, so the electric will then be going to power the hot tub! the only difference is the water. in a campground that small amount of water is negligible and would never be noticed. the only real issue would be how it`s drained. I think most people would be smart and put down the drain. A small hot tub like that will take no more to run than a full size DP with 4-6 people inside. unless those 6 in the DP brought one with them!

Doug33

Westampton, NJ

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/15 03:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

kevden wrote:

My hot tub in the the backyard has a nice view of the stars at night and my pond where the frogs sing (chirp) to us. I don't think Walmart will be as aesthetic of a setting.... [emoticon]

2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/15 03:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Doug33 wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

kevden wrote:

My hot tub in the the backyard has a nice view of the stars at night and my pond where the frogs sing (chirp) to us. I don't think Walmart will be as aesthetic of a setting.... [emoticon]

You just have to be imaginative! Close your eyes and imagine that the people walking by are deer! And the rats that are running around are chipmunks!!!

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/15 05:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

CavemanCharlie wrote:

I imagine government owned parks would be the best place to use them because utility cost are not part of the equation for the employees working there.
Taxpayers will provide all the funds necessary no matter what. Making a profit is not critical. Therefore the cost to heat the pools or provide the water are irrelevant.
If water use or utilities increase the taxpayers will cover it. Use as much as you want the taxpayers don't care!

Oh , I don't know about that. At my parks they are always complaining about money and cutting back on services. It's gotten so those of us that use the park have taken to doing some of the upkeep ourselves.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Hot Tub in Your Campsite
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.