|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> LivinLite table/seating mod

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
delosholly

North Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 04/05/15 03:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is my first attempt at posting pictures, so here I go:

I saw an article in Truck Camper Magazine online about a custom modification to a different model of LivinLite TC,so my DW and I decided to give it a try ourselves. I am NOT a skilled craftman and do not claim to be, so any obvious flaws are to be expected.

The first picture shows my wife with our TC when we purchased it. This TC came with a portable table and L-shaped bench. Table not shown in picture.

The second picture shows our first table mod of making it a more permanent table set-up. Still a bench area.

The next series of 4 pictures show the new table and seats and new storage area that also serves as a step.

The TC came with two additional beds, one that folded down from the ceiling and one that folded up from the side of the bench area. We had already removed these two items and had them in storage. It was from this material that we cannibalized a lot of the material to make the storage/step.

The two chairs are from W-mart. They have padded and spring bottoms and slightly angled backs. We find the backs to be what makes this configuration more comfortable than the straight-backed benches. I reinforced the wood chair legs with 1x2 strips and some luanne plywood. We them attempted to cover the underside of the chairs with the fabric we took off the bench seat pads. This created two more storage areas under the seats.

The chairs are anchored at 7 points each, so hopefully they will stay firmly in place. We also had to cut the table 6" shorter than it was and I placed the leg as far out as I could. The other side of the table is anchored to the wall with a long L-shaped piece of aluminum.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

* This post was edited 04/06/15 12:28pm by delosholly *

Delos & Holly
2013 Camplite Truck Camper 10.0
2014 Ram 2500 Reg SRW LB
2012 Burgman 650

lap527

Ocala, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/05/15 04:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow! Looks very nice. Hmmmm....and you said you were not that handy. DH might be getting real busy soon. Hope your fridge is doing good, ours is temperamental.

2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/
14'V Nose Trailer Hauling 2014 Tri-glide Harley Davidson, sold boat and razr 900, slowing down some!

Royals Fan

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 04/05/15 04:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very nice work!

Jaxom

Eastpointe, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/05/15 04:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice, indeed.
Does anyone have a link to the TCM article...I searched, no joy!

Jerry
2015 Jayco Seneca 36FK
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 door
2011 R & R 20' Aluminum Enclosed Car Hauler
2007 Montrose 16' Aluminum Flatbed ATV Trailer

lap527

Ocala, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/05/15 04:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jaxon...go to truck camper magazine...back issues and the review on the 8.6, iPad not playing nice...best I could do.

wvabeer

Evans, West Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/15 09:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like it I could do something Like that in my 6.8

* This post was edited 04/06/15 10:57am by wvabeer *

1999 Dutch Star DP3884
2015 Camplite 6.8C
2013 F150 XL SC 4X4 Ecoboost 6.5
17 Z125
15 PCX 150

delosholly

North Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/15 12:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lap527 wrote:

Wow! Looks very nice. Hmmmm....and you said you were not that handy. DH might be getting real busy soon. Hope your fridge is doing good, ours is temperamental.

We have never been able to use the fridge on DC, but on gas and AC it has worked great. Sorry yours is not. Also, we have never been able to get the furnace to work, but since we almost always are plugged in, we use an electric heater.

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/15 12:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks nice. However, I find the seating that you got rid of very nice as well!

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 04/06/15 01:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

....now you can actually see out the dinette window! Nice mod. Looks like high quality work you've done.

I could never understand why LivinLite EVER inserted their dinette window so high up the wall (!); you can only see out the window properly if you stand up (We visited a LivinLite 10 foot model locally at a dealer years ago).

I imagine that livinLite would offer to mod this "dinette riser" if one bought factory direct....

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

billyg

huntersville nc

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/06/15 04:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi looks nice. I never did like the table it comes with. It takes up to much floor space. Our little 5.7 was to have a table. No thanks. I can't remember did you get your legs figured out? Bill

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> LivinLite table/seating mod
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS