|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Just got a hitch mount for my Honda 2000

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
Buzzcut1

Norcal

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/15 10:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Torklift lock and load Sidekick

Easy to assemble, I will use a wobble stopper locking hitch pin to mount it to my front receiver.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

I am going to head over to my buddys place and we are going to weld the tray to the receiver cross bar, as well as the y arm, bolts are to easy to unscrew. However as it is it will prevent the opportunistic campground snatch and grab

[image]

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 08 Lance 1055, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Raften

Northern Calfornia

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/15 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very nice. After getting the first edition of the carrier I and am sure many others, wrote suggesting a version for single gen sets. I would just weld the nuts with a tack instead of welding the sheet metal.

Buzzcut1

Norcal

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/15 11:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Raften wrote:

Very nice. After getting the first edition of the carrier I and am sure many others, wrote suggesting a version for single gen sets. I would just weld the nuts with a tack instead of welding the sheet metal.

I'm evil. I'd rather have the thief waste a bunch of time unbolting stuff then find out it's welded in place[emoticon]

plus the nuts are nylock and I don't feel like swapping them out

RoyB

King George, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/10/15 11:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is that LARGE HAND NUT the only thing holding the top strap around the Generator. Seems like that would very easy to remove the top strap. Just reach under the tray and remove the large hand nut?

I'm still with the old crowd where "OUT OF SIGHT-OUT OF MIND" is best security policy...

My 2KW Generator is secured in the tailgate corner of my truck bed and has a locked FOLD-A-COVER bed top over it. It goes where I go... Been this way since 2008...
[image]

[image]

Roy Ken

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/15 11:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like a well built unit. Front receiver, Good use of space. Weren't you mounting bikes on the front and if so does that change? Does your super hitch have a utility receiver above the main stinger to accept racks or even the generator?
Does your trailer have it's own batteries, solar, and fans to serve the horses?

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!

A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

Buzzcut1

Norcal

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/15 11:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RoyB wrote:

Is that LARGE HAND NUT the only thing holding the top strap around the Generator. Seems like that would very easy to remove the top strap. Just reach under the tray and remove the large hand nut?

I'm still with the old crowd where "OUT OF SIGHT-OUT OF MIND" is best security policy...

My 2KW Generator is secured in the tailgate corner of my truck bed and has a locked FOLD-A-COVER bed top over it. It goes where I go... Been this way since 2008...
[image]

[image]

Roy Ken

Hand nut is just a rattle tensioner. that bar can only go out through the bottom after you remove the lock at the top ( big L bend underneath.

This is just a measure to foil the quick stop and grab while we are in the TC and not running the generator. Otherwise it lives locked up inside the rig.

RoyB

King George, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/10/15 12:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

one thing for sure is that it seems TORKLIFT has really thought out alot of everyone fears about battery cases and other thief proof things etc...

As much as those Honda units cost you it would just scare me to death almost leaving mine with the trailer when I was away. I have even carried my Honda into a motel room a few times afraid to leave things in my truck parked out side haha...

We do what we do I reckon....

Roy Ken

trailgranny50

North Central Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/15 01:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We went the expense and bought a Lock Down pro for our Honda. It double bolts, a tray to the cargo tray, locked in the receiver hitch, another tray bolts to the feet of the Honda then slides into the base and locks with the huge round Master Lock that sits inside of a welded tray. The thing isn't going anywhere the truck isn't, unless they come equiped with a cutting torch and that might be a bit obvious day or night. Anyway, that's our best option and we no longer need to bring it inside.

2004 Chevy 3500 Duramax all stock
1990 950 Shadow Cruiser Hard side multiple add-ons
Ancient Valco 10'x5' John boat
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team
One-eyed Trail Horse and one horse trailer
Rocky, Annie, Muffie traveling Fur Babies

Buzzcut1

Norcal

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/15 02:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

my buddy the welder looked at the powdercoating and decided that grinding and welding would be a royal pain so we swapped out to non nylock nuts and welded the nuts to the bolts

[image]

69 Avion

Phoenix, Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/15 06:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Those aren't coming off easily. LOL
Torklift builds real good quality products. Let us know how you like it after you use it awhile.

Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1988 Avion Triple Axle Trailer
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Just got a hitch mount for my Honda 2000
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS