Open Roads Forum

Print  |  Close

Topic: Best shower mod ever

Posted By: skripo on 05/31/15 04:06pm

Last year I was at my dealer looking at different trailers to get ideas and I came across a fantastic solution, in another cruiser RV product. It is made by Shower Enclosures of America. I got the Arcadia model, here are a few pics of installed in my Fun Finder 242BDS:

[image]

[image]

The result is stunning, it completely changed the feel of the bathroom and liberated floor space where the curtain used to bunch. My wife and kids actually gasped when they saw the difference.

The quality is incredible, each part is custom made for the application and works beautifully. One set of magnets clamps the door shut for showering and another one keeps it open when you are not using it.

The upper rail is curved to give you more shoulder room and the curtain itself is kept tight between the 2 rails so you don get stuck to it. It's an amazing balance of form and function.

Installation was easy but be sure to read the instructions over to understand them as some of the diagrams are not as clear as they could be.

It is only available directly from the the company and for a very affordable $110. To order you will need to call the company directly and speak to Traico. He was incredibly nice and helpful.

Be sure to measure the sill length and height of your surround. Not the wall height, but tub surround height. They have several different models depending on the size of your tub and surround.

Traico Marinoff
Shower Enclosures America
800-536-7324 x3110

* This post was last edited 05/31/15 08:09pm by skripo *

2015 Fun Finder 242 BDS

Posted By: Dakota98 on 05/31/15 04:16pm

Can't tell for sure, but does the top part "bow" out from the tub just a bit ?

I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

Posted By: skripo on 05/31/15 04:36pm

Yes, it's on purpose. It works like curved residential shower curtain rods to give you more shoulder room.

* This post was edited 05/31/15 04:59pm by skripo *

Posted By: Ranger431 on 05/31/15 05:02pm

I'm a lucky guy, my new Flagstaff 831bhds came stock with this shower, it's a much better option than traditional shower curtains, but honestly I'd rather have the surrounds with solid panels.

2015 Flagstaff 831 BHDS
2004 Ford Excursion
Tru Control brake controller
Roadmaster Active Suspension

Posted By: skripo on 05/31/15 05:51pm

Not sure I understand. I have a full 3 sided surround. Do you mean you prefer a solid shower door? You would have even less shoulder room.

Posted By: RedRocket204 on 05/31/15 06:35pm

Interesting...

What is the minimum length required for that "enclosure"? I actually just replaced my (PITA) shower curtain with an accordion style shower door since I only had an opening of 32". What you installed looks nice and would have looked into it had I seen it. I will say I'm also very satisfied with the accordion style shower door I installed, at a slightly cheaper price, to be done with that shower curtain.

I love me some land yachting

Posted By: Houston Remodeler on 05/31/15 07:08pm

Do they make one that bows out near the waist line ?

2015 Starcraft Launch 24RLS
2014 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4
Guarded by 2 Jack Russells

Posted By: CavemanCharlie on 05/31/15 07:47pm

That does look nice.

Posted By: skripo on 05/31/15 08:05pm

Houston Remodeler wrote:

That wouldn't be possible unless they had a 3rd rail and if they did that you wouldn't be able to get in.

Posted By: gazingm42 on 05/31/15 08:06pm

I curious if you have the width and height of this shower curtain.

We did not get the "tub" in our, even as advertized... long story.
We have a short shower pan type and would love to see something like this as DS gets water all over. I often think he thinks it is a water park. So with my lower pan curious how high it would come up.

skripo wrote:

Last year I was at my dealer looking at different trailers to get ideas and I came across a fantastic solution, in another cruiser RV product. It is made by Shower Enclosures of America. I got the Arcadia model, here are a few pics of installed in my Fun Finder 242BDS:

[image]

[image]

The result is stunning, it completely changed the feel of the bathroom and liberated floor space where the curtain used to bunch. My wife and kids actually gasped when they saw the difference.

The quality is incredible, each part is custom made for the application and works beautifully. One set of magnets clamps the door shut for showering and another one keeps it open when you are not using it.

The upper rail is curved to give you more shoulder room and the curtain itself is kept tight between the 2 rails so you don get stuck to it. It's an amazing balance of form and function.

Installation was easy but be sure to read the instructions over to understand them as some of the diagrams are not as clear as they could be.

It is only available directly from the the company and for a very affordable $110. To order you will need to call the company directly and speak to Traico. He was incredibly nice and helpful.

Traico Marinoff
Shower Enclosures America
800-536-7324 x3110

Posted By: skripo on 05/31/15 08:07pm

RedRocket204 wrote:

Interesting...

What is the minimum length required for that "enclosure"? I actually just replaced my (PITA) shower curtain with an accordion style shower door since I only had an opening of 32". What you installed looks nice and would have looked into it had I seen it. I will say I'm also very satisfied with the accordion style shower door I installed, at a slightly cheaper price, to be done with that shower curtain.

I know they have different lengths and heights. I had to measure the sill length and height of my shower surround. Note I said height of my tub surround, not wall height.

Posted By: skripo on 05/31/15 08:10pm

CavemanCharlie wrote:

That does look nice.

The pictures really don't do it justice. It really transformed the bathroom space. The big sloppy curtain really made things look messy.

Posted By: skripo on 05/31/15 08:20pm

gazingm42 wrote:

I curious if you have the width and height of this shower curtain...
We have a short shower pan type and would love to see something like this as DS gets water all over. I often think he thinks it is a water park.

Water park...thats hilarious!

From the questions he asked me the height depends on the height of your shower surround to the tub sill. I forgot what mine is but I think it was 40". I think they had a taller one as well.

Width is fully adjustable. It's kind of a pita but you need to trim the top and bottom rail when you get them. They had no choice because of the variable install widths, You get an idea of the issues they face by looking at the bottom right of my shower tub sill.

See that nice wave and distorted sill end? Love it when people take pride in their work.

Posted By: poppin_fresh on 05/31/15 08:30pm

2015 and no real website? Hmmmmm....

2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

Posted By: poppin_fresh on 05/31/15 08:32pm

Well, I mean a real website with pics, info, pricing, etc., would be nice.

Posted By: skripo on 05/31/15 08:33pm

They only sell wholesale to the boat and RV industry. Have you looked at some of the industry web sites? Try Suburban/Airexcel.

I recently ordered a slide in range glass cover. Trying to find it was next to impossible and information was simply unavailable because they won't talk to you. I finally got the right part# and was able to order from PPL Motorhomes. All the plastic bolts were sheared. I can't tell you the hell I am in trying to get them replaced.

I really consider myself lucky to have been able to order from SEA. Most places route you through a dealer who doesn't want to be bothered and then doubles the price. Kudos to SEA for catering to the end user as well.

* This post was edited 05/31/15 08:43pm by skripo *

Posted By: pconroy328 on 05/31/15 09:48pm

Houston Remodeler wrote:

[emoticon]

I need that model too.

Posted By: samhain7 on 05/31/15 10:13pm

Houston Remodeler wrote:

Soundguy rigged one up with PVC pipe.

I can't copy the picture from my ipad.

Final notice from MasterCard. Good! I'm sick of hearing from them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2014 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 HEMI, 3.72, E2 WD w/sway
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 289BHS

Posted By: Kafn8td on 06/01/15 08:03am

Posted By: Houston Remodeler on 05/31/15 08:08pm

[emoticon] HAHA!

Posted By: RollandB on 06/01/15 08:33am

Nice find. We are beginning to shop for a different trailer and a few I'm sure to save on weight have curtains. I hate shower curtains!

2005 Silverado 3500 Crew Cab Long Box, Duramax/Allison, B&W Companion, TST507's

2016 Artic Fox 27-5L

Posted By: BubbaChris on 06/01/15 12:06pm

Looks awesome!

I installed a curved shower rod in my guest room at home and wouldn't be without one if my TT needed a shower curtain.

2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

Posted By: Jake8147 on 06/01/15 04:19pm

I am fortunate that my 2014 Holiday Rambler Alumalite came equipped with this. Having used it for one year I can tell you that to me it would definitely be worth a hundred or more bucks as an upgrade. I had the Camping World swing-in, swing-out "extend-a-shower" curtain rod in my 2007 TT and this is way better! It's like a flexible shower door with the "curve-out" capability to make the shower roomier. It operates smoothly, snaps closed crisply with a magnet to hold it in place and retracts to take up very little room when open. It is an awesome product!

Posted By: DatacomGuy on 06/05/15 10:31pm

Do want!!

2015 Shadow Cruiser 280QBS | 2015 Ford Expedition XLT HD Tow
Equal-i-zer E4 12K# WDH

Posted By: 2012Coleman on 06/08/15 06:18am

Nice mod! Thanks for the info. I have the accordion shower rod that has two elbows to make it roomier in the shower, but the cabinet above the sink ins in the way on one side and the shower curtain has to be shoved into a small crevice between the tub and vanity. This would clean things up considerably. Will look into doing this mod myself - thanks again!

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Posted By: SoundGuy on 06/08/15 06:34am

Houston Remodeler wrote:

samhain7 wrote:

Soundguy rigged one up with PVC pipe.

I can't copy the picture from my ipad.

Small corner shower so this solution (6 pics) worked well for me ...

[image]

[image]

Water stays inside the shower where it belongs and the shower curtain no longer sticks to us. [emoticon]

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Posted By: skripo on 06/08/15 07:35pm

Used the shower twice last weekend and LOVED it. So comfortable when you don't have to deal with a shower curtain that billows in and sticks.

Posted By: jwoods61us on 06/12/15 02:33pm

OP, how/where did you buy that set up? I would love to put one in my TT. I looked online and the Shower Enclosures of America website is a single page with no links to vendors or outlets.

John, Lorie, Franklin, Sammi
2009 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins G56
2008 Jayco 24RKS

Posted By: skripo on 06/18/15 10:22pm

SoundGuy wrote:

[image]

[image]

Water stays inside the shower where it belongs and the shower curtain no longer sticks to us. [emoticon]

Isn't getting in and out a pain?

Posted By: westend on 06/18/15 11:20pm

jwoods61us wrote:

OP, how/where did you buy that set up? I would love to put one in my TT. I looked online and the Shower Enclosures of America website is a single page with no links to vendors or outlets.
I knew a couple of gents that sold these rods for residential shower stalls. They used a fiberglass rod that was slightly longer than the opening. IIRC, the rod came with two holders that were attached outboard of the enclosure. I actually had one at one time and didn't think it was that magical for our bath enclosure. For a travel trailer it may be good. You can buy fiberglass rods and flats at a few different merchants for fairly cheap.

I have a fully molded shower enclosure in the Hilton so don't have any need for one.

'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Posted By: SoundGuy on 06/19/15 05:15am

SoundGuy wrote:

[image]

[image]

skripo wrote:

Isn't getting in and out a pain?

Get in the shower, set the PVC shaper in place, and start showering ... when done, slip the PVC shaper out and set it aside ... doesn't change getting in and out of the shower in any way.

Posted By: skripo on 06/19/15 10:22am

Got it, I thought it was permanently mounted. Have you tried adding weights to the bottom or using those magnet strip on the bottom to avoid the PVC rod?

Really no point if the rod works for you though.

Posted By: SoundGuy on 06/20/15 05:23am

skripo wrote:

Got it, I thought it was permanently mounted. Have you tried adding weights to the bottom or using those magnet strip on the bottom to avoid the PVC rod?

Really no point if the rod works for you though.

Adding weights or using magnet strips on the bottom of the shower curtain might help secure the curtain from falling outside of the shower pan but that hasn't been an issue. Rather, the issue is that our shower enclosure is quite small as the pan itself is quite small, probably 24" at most, so the shower curtain would be drawn inward and stick to whomever was showering ... the PVC shaper installed about mid level forces the curtain to bow outward for more interior room and prevents it from sticking, yet the bottom edge of the curtain still remains within the pan.

Posted By: skripo on 06/20/15 10:56am

Makes sense.

Posted By: Cutworm1 on 03/02/16 07:01pm

Do you have any close up pics? I bought one and the paper instructions are hard to see and not the best.
Thanks,
Steve

Posted By: Cutworm1 on 03/02/16 07:07pm

@skripo
Did the dealer install it?

Posted By: skripo on 03/02/16 08:27pm

Nope, did it myself. I actuality just removed it to sell it because I traded in the camper for a motorhome.

Posted By: seaeagle2 on 03/02/16 10:01pm

Soundguy, so the mounting sockets are 1/2 PVC caps, is the bent pipe 3/8, and did you permanently bend it somehow, or does it just flex.

2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

Posted By: sac89 on 03/03/16 04:19am

I love this idea! I am going to look for on of these for my TT. Thanks for the idea!

Posted By: icanon on 03/03/16 05:59am

skripo wrote:

Used the shower twice last weekend and LOVED it. So comfortable when you don't have to deal with a shower curtain that billows in and sticks.

skripo wrote:

Nope, did it myself. I actuality just removed it to sell it because I traded in the camper for a motorhome.

So you just removed it cause you bought a MH?

skripo wrote:

Width is fully adjustable. It's kind of a pita but you need to trim the top and bottom rail when you get them. They had no choice because of the variable install widths, You get an idea of the issues they face by looking at the bottom right of my shower tub sill..

I like the idea and the product seems really practical. Could you post some close-up photos of the rails you're talking about? Thanks.

* This post was edited 03/03/16 09:40am by icanon *

Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!

Posted By: DavidP on 03/03/16 10:38am

Skripo,

Very nice! What hardware came with the curtain. Do you have to drill into the surround or did you use adhesive silicone? What about the top rail, is that screwed to the exterior wall?

Posted By: Cutworm1 on 03/03/16 01:26pm

DavidP wrote:

Skripo,

Very nice! What hardware came with the curtain. Do you have to drill into the surround or did you use adhesive silicone? What about the top rail, is that screwed to the exterior wall?

Opened mine up last night. Looks like 3 screws in the 2 vertical pieces that attach to the wall. The top rail screws to the side rails best I can tell. All hardware comes with the kit. I'm installing mine in a couple of weeks. I did find that they will help answer questions when installing. Seem like nice folks. When you get done you then apply the silicone. Looks pretty straight forward.

Posted By: icanon on 03/03/16 01:54pm

Cutworm1 wrote:

Opened mine up last night. Looks like 3 screws in the 2 vertical pieces that attach to the wall. The top rail screws to the side rails best I can tell. All hardware comes with the kit. I'm installing mine in a couple of weeks. I did find that they will help answer questions when installing. Seem like nice folks. When you get done you then apply the silicone. Looks pretty straight forward.

Keep us up to date with pics. I'm really interested!

Posted By: skripo on 03/03/16 03:22pm

Everything you need, except for silicone, is included. Of the 3 rails, the bottom one needs to be trimmed to fit. I used my chop saw.

I only screwed in the side rails and everything is held in place. Then you seal the bottom rail with white silicone on either side.

It's a piece of cake.

Posted By: skripo on 03/03/16 03:22pm

Cutworm1 wrote:

@skripo

Nope.

Posted By: DavidP on 03/03/16 03:33pm

I was hoping not to screw into the exterior wall. Would a good silicone adhesive be strong enough for one of the sides. The other side is an interior wall. Thanks

Posted By: Cutworm1 on 03/03/16 05:15pm

DavidP wrote:

I was hoping not to screw into the exterior wall. Would a good silicone adhesive be strong enough for one of the sides. The other side is an interior wall. Thanks

You could try it. I did notice the screws are #8 x 1 1/2" which seems long to me. I'm going to pick up 1" screws before installing. The shower comes in 2 different finishes and also 2 different heights. And there are several widths to choose from.

Posted By: Cutworm1 on 03/03/16 05:22pm

skripo wrote:

Cutworm1 wrote:

@skripo

Nope.

It looks great. I plan to install mine as well. What could go wrong? famous last words.

Posted By: DavidP on 03/04/16 07:48am

Cutworm1 wrote:

DavidP wrote:

You could try it. I did notice the screws are #8 x 1 1/2" which seems long to me. I'm going to pick up 1" screws before installing. The shower comes in 2 different finishes and also 2 different heights. And there are several widths to choose from.

I would go 1/2 inch and set them in a silicone adhesive. They would be set very strong. If I go this route that is what I will do.

I have the same shower as the OP and my curtain currently goes to the ceiling. I'm wondering if I would get a lot of spray over the top?

Posted By: Cutworm1 on 03/04/16 08:01am

DavidP wrote:

Cutworm1 wrote:

DavidP wrote:

I would go 1/2 inch and set them in a silicone adhesive. They would be set very strong. If I go this route that is what I will do.

I have the same shower as the OP and my curtain currently goes to the ceiling. I'm wondering if I would get a lot of spray over the top?

It comes in 57" and 64" heights. You might be able to make the ceiling with the longer one. It's extruded aluminum and should cut easily with a hacksaw or jigsaw if you need to trim.

Posted By: IBcarguy on 03/04/16 09:11am

I have this shower enclosure on my new Cruiser RV and I'm very pleased with it. It looks great and works well. It's the best shower curtain I've seen.

Posted By: Ranger431 on 03/04/16 08:38pm

Dupe - please delete

Print  |  Close