|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Thirteenth Annual RV.net Class B Rally (B13) 5/19/2016

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 16  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
AsheGuy

Raleigh, North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/01/15 01:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone lurking out there with a potential nomination for B13???

We are at the point that we usually have one or more so the rally can lock in a campground and the planning can begin.

No nominations, no rally... [emoticon]

David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

401nailhead

Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/15 09:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I want to contribute enthusiasm as a potential participant, if nothing else right now. Working full time+ at job and home business, and back to camping and campgrounds for first time in 20 years, I don't have a good nomination to make right now. But I can emphasize the camaraderie and welcome we felt as newbies this year as attendees, and my observations that there will be available participant support and volunteering for any nominators to depend on. Maybe I should let others more familiar and experienced make these points, but wanted to get that on the table in case, as you say, anyone is lurking out there not quite sure whether to nominate. I'm sure a number of us will offer support and help, once a nomination or two get up on the board.

Paul and Sherry

xxx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/15/15 01:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Paul and I don't mind hosting the B-13 rally. We would nominate the same campground that the B-11 rally was at, which is Lake Monroe Village in Bloomington, IN. Would anyone want to have this campground as a repeat? It is centrally located for most past rally participnts. Also, we would like to move the rally date to July. There would be the advantage of having the pool open, whereas it would not be open in May. This is our way of getting some discussion started for the B-13 rally, and perhaps this will result in other nominations, so that potential rally participants can have a few options to vote on! So, come one and come all! Join in for some healthy and productive discussion about the B-13 rally! Just keep in mind, this is not a question and answer session. If "we" host the B-13 rally, all comments will be carefully weighed. We are presently at Lake Monroe Village and have spoke with the owners of the campground. Needless to say, the sooner we reserve a block of sites, the more likely we can have the rally here. ??

hhd

Beyond Infinity

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/15 01:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While I appreciate the nomination I'd not consider camping in Indiana's summer heat and humidity so doubt that I would consider attending. Also school would be out so we'd be sharing the pool and CG with kids ... not my favorite activity. I like the CG, Bloomington, and the residents at Lake Monroe, but I'd rather camp in mild to cold weather ... as an old Florida guy I've had more than my share of heat and try to avoid it at all costs. Oh, and we've panned to be in the Maritime Provinces then anyway on an extended trip.

Harold Delk
Husband of Jackie (a.k.a poshgrandma)
Owned by Maddie, "The Patron Saint of Perpetual Motion", a rescue vizsla

Angry Bird
2008 Pleasure-Way Ascent TS

omjones

Stoney Point, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/15 01:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sherry and Paul provided such a great rally in B 11, and this is a great place, I, as the sole remaining "all in" attendee say thanks and hope there will be another somewhere. These people and this place are certainly first class. A repeat,in my opinion is not a problem, kids or no kids, I'll be there. Luv yall.
john 'I am Canadian'

AsheGuy

Raleigh, North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/15/15 04:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Sherry & Paul for your "nomination." I'll put it on the website. If we get more nominations, there will be a vote as always to determine the site.

There does have to be a deadline though to make it possible for a site be secured for the rally as Sherry pointed out. From the Rally website:

The process for organizing each year's annual RV.net Class B Rally is:

The site and date of the next B-rally is decided by a vote on the CVC forum after sites have been nominated during the nomination period (2-month period following previous rally). The discussion period on the CVC forum and vote will occur in the 3rd month following the previous rally.

Based on last year's rally being in late May, if we honor the documented process we have August to discuss nominations. In early September we can vote on a site or, if there is only one nomination, declare it the site for B13. Most of the past Class B rallies have had their site firmed up in early September.

It's great that a previous Rally host has again nominated a site (thanks again Paul & Sherry) as Nick & Chris did in a previous year when we didn't get any nominations from other participants. But it would be nice, as Sherry said, if we could get other nominations for variety and also to support the long term continuation of these annual Class B Rallies.

Hopefully there will be more discussion in reaction to Paul and Sherry's nomination but once a site is selected (either by vote or acclimation), the rally organizer has the final say on the rally's date and program. Class B RV'ers have the choice to participate or not.

ennajean

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/15 03:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I for one would prefer keeping the rally in May before Memorial Day, as the campgrounds are less crowded. Plus those traveling a longer distance should have no problems finding campsites coming to the rally. As for returning to a previous rally site see nothing wrong with that idea, actually might make planning easier on the rally organizers. We go to the rally to visit with those in attendance, if we do sight seeing we do it before or after the rally. Rally time is B bonding time.

Anne and Dick

DABEE a 2006 Ford Sportsmobile Penthouse top.

hhd

Beyond Infinity

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/15 06:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Even though it is doubtful I would attend a July rally I will be happy to assist the hosts in planning for the event and offering whatever I can do to help make it successful. I would also hope that some of the folks who have attended past rallies would step up to offer assistance as well. The more of you helping out with tasks, no matter how large or small, makes the job of hosting that much easier. There are lots of things each of you could do to become active "assistants" rather than just attendees. Some of you stepped up and helped us out last year at Four Paws, but many more who just never offer to help in any manner. I'd love to see more of this group become active givers rather than just takers. You gain so much more by being an active participant than by sitting on the sideline watching the others doing all the work.

ennajean

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/18/15 07:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Paul and Sherry, thought you'd get a lot more feedback on this.

Paul and Sherry

xxx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/19/15 09:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Based on very limited input, we will hold the B-13 rally in May. A final date will be determined later, but more than likely the date will be mid May. When should the cutoff be for nominations?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 16  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Thirteenth Annual RV.net Class B Rally (B13) 5/19/2016
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.