|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Flashlight

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Old Teacher

Van Wert, Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/15 06:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Surefire G2. Great, bright dependable light. Buy quality.

Okay,jokes over.
Now bring back the Constitution.
Proud parent of a U.S. Soldier!

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/15 11:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Costco - 1000 lumen flashlight. Bright. Sees far. Blinding on strobe.

Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

OLYLEN

Washington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/15 06:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe in one of each. HF everywhere I might NEED a flash light flashlight and puck type. Surefire, Costco 500 and 1000 lum. Black light for desert creatures, lanterns both gas and battery, and the lighted flashing red cones for a night break down. IS THIS OVER KILL? Yah but I always have night vision weather it be seeing or blinding someone or thing. Now where the hell are those batteries? LOL

LEN

Majja13

Salt Lake City

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/15 07:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have some of the 3 pack Costco ones that work really well. But if you want bullet proof and recharageable look at something like this StreamLight or Surefire . I have had a Surefire for well over 20 years and it has been a great light, (replacement bulbs are a bit pricey around 20.00) but it all depends on what you want and are willing to pay for.

re-chargeable is nice but costly, the cheaper ones work well but need batteries.

One more consideration is a nice head lamp, I like these the best. Completely hand free. There are several to choose, from a price point of about 10.00 - 100.00

2015 GMC Sierra 2500hd 6.0 w/4:10 rear end
2006 SkyLine Weekender 180
1200/12000 Equal-i-zer WDH

BulldawgFan

Tennille, GA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/15 09:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also carry this same light every single day. Fantastic. I did a LOT of research 4 years ago when I bought, best value, high quality.

Muddydogs wrote:

It really depends on what you want in a light and what you want to spend. Just a general around the camper light then get a $2 Wall-Mart special but if you want something brighter, easy to carry and will hold up to some abuse then one of the so called tactical lights would work well.

This Quark 4 sevens single AA light has spent the last 5 years in my pocket and is used almost daily. To make it even brighter I run Trustfire rechargeable Lithium batteries in it but in a pinch any old AA works just fine.

[image]

2018 Forest River FR3 30DS
2011 GMC Terrain (Toad #1)
1993 Jeep YJ (Toad #2)
1993 EZGO Marathon 48v

bhh

Cincinnati

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/15 03:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Costco has a variety of them from 400 to 1500 lumens. clicky One issue, though is they are generally in muti-packs.

Before I found them in the store, I bought a two-pack from Menards, on sale for IIRC, about $20. Big one is 2xD cell and small one is 2xAA cell. Both are plenty bright. Also I got 4 of their little LED lanterns, free after rebate last year. They seem to run these on special regularly.

I've had a Mag-Lite for years. When the batteries leaked and ruined it, the battery company reimbursed me for the cost of a new one. Upgraded to a 3xD LED and it lights up the whole 1/4 acre back yards.

The tactical ones seem good, but holy cow, I hope I'd never leave a $180 flashlight in the restroom.

jake2250

Comifornia

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/15 03:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I still have my service light, retired from FD and now keep this in the trailer!! Great light weight and very bright, has a 12v charger so its ready to go!! its almost ten years old but still as bright as the day I got it!! Also has seen some heavy abuse!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Streamlight-Fire........t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d5056f055

mtnbbud

Oregon Willamette Valley

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/15 05:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been impressed with the Coast brand. They're quality built, but not as expensive as the high end brands. They come with a good warranty.

I've seen some of the models for sale at hardware and big box home improvement stores. Not all models are as good. Look at the lumen output and if they have an adjustable beam.

This is the one I own

campn4walleye

Central WI

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/15 02:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use small led flashlights from Harbor Freight. Surprisingly, they're bright and illuminate a good distance. Sometimes you can get them foe free!

It's worth a try.

2011 Adventurer 910FBS truck camper,Torklift tie downs,Fastguns & Wobbl-stopprs
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7L CTD,4x4,LB,CC,auto,3.73 axle,General 17" on/off rd
2008 Lund 1825 Explorer Sport,115 Merc,9.9 kicker,Torklift Super Hitch,42" Supertruss
USAF ret E-9&E-7

oomkin

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/19 01:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This revivew should help you to pick what suitable for your needs!
Personally I'm fine with ThruNite TC15, works great in camping/RV/garage and other outdoors activities!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Flashlight
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.