|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TR: A Really Long Trip Report: N.California/ & the PNW

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/04/15 11:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just so you'll know 20 years from now your kids will still be telling about the trip. I know our 50 something kids still talk about our tent camping days.

Got to love what a trip will do for family unity.

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Tiger4x4RV

Inland Empire, Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/15 01:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your TR had it all: great photos, happy family times, various outdoor sports, TC's camped in gorgeous places. Thank you!

2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

RickW

Sacramento CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/04/15 04:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With a trip report like that, you could easily sell TCs for a living.

What fun.

Rick
04 GMC 1500 4X4X4
04 Sunlite SB

sabconsulting

High Wycombe, UK

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/15 12:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow. What a great trip.

Steve.

'07 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab diesel + '91 Shadow Cruiser - Sky Cruiser 1
'98 Jeep TJ 4.0
'15 Ford Fiesta ST
'09 Fiat Panda 1.2

joerg68

St. Ingbert, Germany

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/15 06:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for sharing!

With each new trip report I read, I want to go on vaction more. Alas, 5 more weeks for us to wait ;-)

Great pictures of the great Outdoors - Thank You!

2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

anutami

Ramona

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/15 01:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Two Hands: Thanks, all photos were taken with my iPhone. My Canon 20D DSLR just sat in the camper the whole time [emoticon]

gbopp: thanks we sure enjoyed it

djgarcia: it was long for me, but not for the kids...couldn't believe they didn't get homesick as they were still wanting to continue on. I tried the blog thing but it seems to take a lot more don't that I don't have to give.

hl Remington: this report took forever to do and kind of burned me out. I had the entire post ready to go and accidently clicked out of the webpage and thought I had lost everything! Luckily I was able to get it back.

fpoole: we love the water, and are looking at buying a house on a lake now! Canyon lake, ca is a pretty cool place we are looking at.

Naio: yeah and now I'm going into epic depression...sucks to NOT be on the road [emoticon]

The Mad Norsky: The lava tubes were one of the best parts of the trip..also want to check out the medicine lake area south of lava tubes, higher up. There are some other obsidian flows and cinder cones to check out.

c.traveler: I agree

nycsteve: thanks I did touch them up a bit to bring out some of the color.

MORSNOW: no prob, it is fun to do the Trip reports and I always enjoy others that do them to give ideas of where to go and things to do.

gitpicker2009: yeah Oregon is the bomb! I can't tell you how many people advised me "not to tell my friends" about our trip for fear of more Californian's flocking to Oregon. We loved Bend, Or the most and could easily move there.

cewillis: surprisingly yes! I did get some work done...I was more follow up though as the hard stuff was already done. we just got many of our products specified with DR Horton, so all would help me out a bunch if you are looking for a new home, please consider DR Horton [emoticon]

djgarcia: yes, I guess there are different types of people, but I try and let others know about different areas. When I am researching where to go and what to do it is greatly appreciated, just trying to return the favor.

sdianel: yup, I remember riding in grandpas cabover and loving every minute of it.

Mello Mike yes it was a blast; especially most of my gas will be reimbursed...already planning out the next one [emoticon]

Nemo667: yes, work hard play hard...why not do them together? (in all honesty is was very hard on me, but the fam did not want to come home)

trackhead: thanks, yeah I stole your idea about the front bike rack. I bought a $400 Yakima rack at REI only to find the bikes were so high up I couldn't even see the road! Took my cargo rack and drilled a fork mount...Thanks again..

D.E.Bishop: Yeah trying to get as much family adventures in as we can! 20 years will be here before we know it!

Tiger4x4RV: we were gone long enough to do it all LOL [emoticon]

RickW: I have bought and sold a few on craigslist [emoticon]

sabconsulting: thanks it was great yes!

joerg68: Start your mods now and don't wait until the week before like I did!

2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads

jefe 4x4

West Slope, Northern Sierra Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/15 09:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yours was a special adventure; and long enough to loose yourselves. You had the prime ingredient for stretching your TC holiday.....wide ranging venues. You never get tired of a changing scene and the trip seems longer.
I only wish we had a TC when our kids were that age. Alas, we tent camped out of a Land Cruiser.
regards, as always, jefe

'01.5 Dodge 2500 4x4, CTD, Qcab, SB, NV5600, 241HD, 4.10's, Dana 70/TruTrac; Dana 80/ TruTrac, Spintec hub conversion, H.D. susp, 315/75R16's on 7.5" and 10" wide steel wheels, Vulcan big line, Warn M15K winch '98 Lance Lite 165s, 8' 6" X-cab, 200w Solar

iwon415

Northern California

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/15 03:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How did I miss this? Great TR, fell off the front page too quickly!
Thanks for posting, been to most of these places (except your relatives houses), nice to see through fresh eyes!

TimH

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/15 07:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for posting your beautiful trip!! We'll be heading out that way, and are still planning the route and sights to see and this added a couple of places to the "must see"list!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> TR: A Really Long Trip Report: N.California/ & the PNW
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.