|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Millenicom replacement

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 14  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/15 05:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Omni link must be busy. We were customer 1822 and Chris and Cherie are 1837 in a very short period of time. I guess there is a serious risk of being an early adopter but there can also be huge rewards.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/15 07:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thanks for the info link
sometimes it pays to look the gift horse in the mouth
the offer is on the level,
the catch is the data tracking

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

2paints

Danville, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/15 07:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1492 posted about this earlier, anyone with any current thoughts on this? The website in his post was from 7 months, any info if they are still doing this?

Just a note to those who might want this service, Verizon changes the request headers for all sites and adds an X-UIDH on all mobile and hotspot devices for their network.
What does this mean? They are altering every website request being made, in the request header, and the X-UIDH is a uniquely identifying way to track users. This tracking removes any amount of anonymity that a user can have. With this info, it is possible that others can make tracking software that maps EVERYTHING you do via HTTP.
There is already a company doing this now, Turn. They basically look for webpage request with the X-UIDH tracking header and then send targeted ads after the advertiser wins an auction to do so.
When a user visits a website that contains Turn tracking code, the company holds an auction within milliseconds for advertisers to target that user. The highest bidder's ad instantly appears on the user's screen as the web page loads. Turn says it receives 2 million requests for online advertising placements per second.

BlueJean

Home

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/15 07:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is great news! I'm going in.
I just upgraded my current plan to 20gb due to running low on data gas with a week to go to month end. Now I can set this up as a backup if they do pull the plug.

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/15 08:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Something else to consider? Realistically, Verizon is not going to allow unlimited 4G LTE mobile data usage on their network. No mobile provider will. So the question comes down to how much 4G LTE data will one actually get per month? Those who do opt for this plan, keep track and let us know?

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/15 10:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

here is the link for the jetpack manual in PDF
open in your browser or download it

http://www.in.gov/indot/div/mobile/pubs/internet-vzw-jetpack.pdf

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/15 10:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BlueJean wrote:

This is great news! I'm going in.
I just upgraded my current plan to 20gb due to running low on data gas with a week to go to month end. Now I can set this up as a backup if they do pull the plug.

you do realize, there is nothing in the websites or info about, pay as you go, you can put in the closet, but you still gotta pay for it every month

you can log in and pay monthly, or you can set up auto subscription payment

but if you an't paying you gotta send it back

trb46

Central Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/15 10:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went to the website and I don't see anything that specifically says it's Verizon coverage. I see references to the "nation’s largest 4G LTE network," but they all claim that in one way or another. Has anyone actually confirmed that it is Verizon coverage? Thanks.

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/15 11:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i verified the model number of the jetpack is a verizon model number

WesL

United States

View Profile

Posted: 09/04/15 08:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

radven wrote:

By the way - we followed up with OmniLynx and posted this article on RVMobileInternet.com earlier today:

Make sure you understand the risks of this plan and how quickly it could go away, especially after getting so much exposure in the RVing community.

- Chris & Cherie / RVMobileinternet & Technomadia

Very much agreed. However, with no equipment fee or setup charge I believe the exposure is minimal to someone who purchases it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 14  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Millenicom replacement
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS