|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Trip Report: The Wild, Wild West

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 12/09/15 07:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

deltabravo wrote:

Trinity Site only has two open houses per year, which was mentioned earlier. I believe they are always Mid April and Mid October.

Thanks. I should have mentioned that again for those that want to see it themselves. It's actually the first Saturday in April and October each year. We lucked out and were in the area at just the right time.

[emoticon][emoticon]

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450

bka0721

Republic of Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 12/09/15 07:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NRALIFR wrote:

deltabravo wrote:

Trinity Site only has two open houses per year, which was mentioned earlier. I believe they are always Mid April and Mid October.

Thanks. I should have mentioned that again for those that want to see it themselves. It's actually the first Saturday in April and October each year. We lucked out and were in the area at just the right time.

[emoticon][emoticon]
That is correct. I went to the Trinity Site 2 years ago when I was visiting White Sands National Monument. Your pictures and narrative were just wonderful. Thank you for sharing this as it is an important part of our nations history and a good sharing of the decisions that were being made during that time in our history.

Thanks again!

b

NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/17 11:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumping this to the top.

I'm going to try restoring the images to this trip report, but I need to be able to access it from more than just the RV.net portal. I can access and edit it from RV.net, but not from Good Sam ???

If it works, I may tackle some of my other topics that have more pictures than this one. If it doesn't, then I guess all my old topics with pictures are gone for good. Thanks Photobucket.

I'm not sure if this is going to work. I can't get past the "Captcha" screens when I try to edit the image links in a post. It could be due to the age of the trip report. I was surprised to find that it was still open on the RV.net portal since the last activity was well over a year ago. I'll play with it a while though.

Update: it doesn’t look like it’s going to work. See below.

[emoticon][emoticon]

* This post was last edited 10/30/17 08:33pm by NRALIFR *   View edit history

whazoo

Idahome

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/17 06:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey Lifer, Cal had told me a trick using my own blog site, don't know if you have one. I upload to my own site then link to rvnet from there. Works real well.

NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/17 08:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Dave. Yeah, I saw what you did on your “Penumbra Umbrella” report [emoticon] Nice job.

I would do that too if it would help, but what I’ve just learned is that even though this topic is still opened (it’s two years old) the forum software isn’t letting me edit my posts with new image links. I tried just using the web app written by forum member 1492 that uploads your pictures to Imgur and provides a link that you can copy/paste. When I try to save the edited post with the new image links (or just preview it) I get “Captcha” screens that want to verify I’m not a robot. Even if I answer the queries correctly, it won’t save the new information. It appears that if a post is more than “xx” old (I have no idea what the cutoff is) you can’t edit it even though the topic is open for replies. [emoticon]

I verified that by pulling up a topic of mine that’s been running for over three years, and trying to edit one of my posts that was about 8-9 months old. The forum software would let me do it. I then tried to edit my opening post that was over three years old. Couldn’t do it.

So, it looks like the only way I could rebuild an old trip report, or my epic “New Garage” topic would be to copy all of the text from my posts into a new topic and insert new image links to the pictures on a new image hosting site (or as you suggested, a blog site). It would be a lot of work, and take a lot of time but I would do it for a few of my topics that meant a lot to me. The downside of creating a new topic though is I would loose all of the replys posted by other members.

I wanted to try fixing the image links in this trip report because a guy contacted me a few days ago just to tell me that he had linked to it from his website because he enjoyed it so much. He was wondering if the pictures were ever going to be restored. Rats. [emoticon]

What to do, what to do? I’m going to have to give it some thought.

Opinions and advice are welcome.

[emoticon][emoticon]

whazoo

Idahome

View Profile

Posted: 10/31/17 08:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh yeah I forget about the forum statue of limitations on editing. So here's my last thought and what I did to transfer all my tr's to my own page was go to the report on rvnet, copy and paste to my page. Then the work starts by putting those pics back, if you still have them, in their old dead image spots. Then you can add your new link to the end of your old rvnet report. When my pics on my own page go dead because of Photobucket I'll be doing that again too. I did use Photobucket to do that before PB kicked the bucket. The work isn't over yet I guess, but I wasn't aware at the time I could add pictures directly from my computer to my web page. Good luck!!

GeoBoy

Northeast

View Profile

Posted: 10/31/17 05:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would love to see your trip pictures but all the pictures say is click here but nothing happens. I thought it was a problem with my iPad Pro but I can't view them on my PC either.[emoticon]

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/31/17 07:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GeoBoy wrote:

I would love to see your trip pictures but all the pictures say is click here but nothing happens. I thought it was a problem with my iPad Pro but I can't view them on my PC either.[emoticon]
Change of policy at photobucket.
I closed my account and put them on my list.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

whazoo

Idahome

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/17 08:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well for now my Photobucket pics are all still there. I suspect when my account renews the in January they'll get the broken link image.

NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/17 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

whazoo wrote:

Well for now my Photobucket pics are all still there. I suspect when my account renews the in January they'll get the broken link image.

You must have a "fee based" PB account. I suspect they will honor the terms of service that were in place the last time you paid your fee. The terms of service change they made a few months back only affected the "free" accounts like mine. As you said, things may change for you at contract renewal time. I hope they don't Dave, because your TR's were awesome. I always enjoyed reading them and seeing your pictures.

[emoticon][emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Trip Report: The Wild, Wild West
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS