|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> DRV factory tour

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
tinner12002

Lafayette Ind

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/16 04:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gunship Guy wrote:

We've been through the DRV factory a half dozen times having owned 2 previous Mobile Suites 5th wheels.

We currently have a Weekend Warrior on order. The factory is exceptionally clean compared to various factories we've toured. Fit and finish on completed units is some of the best I've ever seen in the rv industry. Even compared to DRV.

As stated previously in this thread, the new Weekend Warrior is not connected to the old WW company in any way. They obtained the rights to the name but the company is actually The RV Factory. It is owned by the same guys from Nexus RV.

I've called them and asked if they could do the Mor-ryde Indep susp with disc brake brakes on their 5th wheels. They had done it for one customer at a cost of $14K. I called Mor-ryde because I thought that sounded awful high and asked them what it would cost to do that conversion on one of their 2015 tri axle 5th wheels...under $8800 plus tax and taking my straight axles with me. So, with that info in hand I called Warrior, unfortunately I couldn't get them to commit to a price for that conversion close to that price. I was thinking maybe on a new build with them not installing their straight axles and having the Mor-ryde system installed maybe only a $4500-5000 increase.

2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

taken

Western MA

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/16 05:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just saw your earlier post on XLR and Grand Design "spitting them out the door to meet quota." I can't speak for Grand Design but I know XLR rolls about 7-9 units a day out the door and generally averages 8. This is not a quota but based on sales demand. That might seem like a lot to the average person (spitting them out) but when you consider lots of lines do 25-30 a day... Well, I guess they must be vomiting them out....LOL.

Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

kofire

t-town

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/16 08:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd love to hear some of the suggestions you made to them.

tinner12002

Lafayette Ind

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/16 04:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kofire wrote:

Suggestions to DRV or Warrior?

tinner12002

Lafayette Ind

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/16 04:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

taken wrote:

I just saw your earlier post on XLR and Grand Design "spitting them out the door to meet quota." I can't speak for Grand Design but I know XLR rolls about 7-9 units a day out the door and generally averages 8. This is not a quota but based on sales demand. That might seem like a lot to the average person (spitting them out) but when you consider lots of lines do 25-30 a day... Well, I guess they must be vomiting them out....LOL.

What companies are doing 25-30 per day on 40ft 5th wheel toy haulers??

taken

Western MA

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/16 04:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tinner12002 wrote:

taken wrote:

What companies are doing 25-30 per day on 40ft 5th wheel toy haulers??

Cyclone... But I didn't say all 40 footers. XLR is not doing 8 Thunderbolts a day. They might send a couple down the line but they do a lot more Hyperlite, Nitro, and Boost models.

trail-explorer

NM

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/16 07:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've never even heard of DRV. What brands to they make?

Bob

Y-Guy

Tri-Cities, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/10/16 08:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

trail-explorer wrote:

I've never even heard of DRV. What brands to they make?

They are under the Thor ownership group now.

DRV Luxury Suites for toy Haulers they make the Full House

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
2011 Jeep Wrangler

kofire

t-town

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/16 10:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tinner12002 wrote:

kofire wrote:

You mentioned drv but if you made them to weekend warrior I'd like to hear those too

tinner12002

Lafayette Ind

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/16 03:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kofire wrote:

tinner12002 wrote:

kofire wrote:

You mentioned drv but if you made them to weekend warrior I'd like to hear those too

One thing I noticed on the Fullhouse and possibly others is the hyd level up lines and brake lines exposed to the tires, should a blow-out occur, of course we all know that never happens with LT tires, losing hyd fluid and or brake fluid should the tire shreds come in contact with the lines. Raising the rear jack on the fullhouse so as not to catch it on things. Adding USB plugs...funny but DRV said by building the side walls they could add plugins as needed...but not USB plugs, only 110volt. Having available an EFI generator, can do, exh fan in 1/2 bath, can do. Those were a couple things they said they thought they could do. Can't think of everything at the moment, those were items with fullhouse. I was pretty impressed for the most part with DRV and Weekend Warrior. Both have a rather relaxed assembly line, not rushed, both pretty clean, WW being the cleanest. I did feel rushed to get through the DRV factory with our leader not wanting to get off script, WW just the opposite, take your time and ask all you need to. Pros and cons to both, just depends on how much money I can scrape up when the time comes to pull the trigger. Price would be the reason I'd go with WW if I can get them to get their pricing better on the Mor-ryde Indep susp with disc brakes, plus they have a bigger garage, overall quality was good with them. DRV pretty much has all that but at a somewhat higher price and a definite price point for that same susp setup. So with all that being said, if price was no issue I would unfortunately have to stay with the 12ft garage and go with the DRV fullhouse. WW was open to a lot of suggestions like stiffening up frame at spring mount points, adding a crossbar at top of frame where jacks were so as not to try and roll I-beams when lifting the rv, nite stands, which they have now, needing more reachable storage in the kitchen, USB plugs and also an exh fan in 1/2 bath.

* This post was edited 05/10/16 03:55pm by tinner12002 *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> DRV factory tour
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS