RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Pacific Coachworks - Warning to those looking...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Pacific Coachworks - Warning to those looking...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 08/02/16 10:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This probably belongs in Camping world forum. Did you choose this particular brand based on price?

* This post was edited 08/02/16 10:16am by 2oldman *

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 08/02/16 10:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry to say, but it's time to dump the trailer and buy something else! Anyone that buys an RV should expect to have to fix a few things.

I would go with one of the more popular manuf. at least they will not question any repairs!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

jmtandem

western nevada

View Profile

Posted: 08/02/16 11:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This certainly is not the first post on RV.net where Camping World did not do their due diligence in getting an RV ready for the customer by making sure everything works just right and then after the sale not being able to fix stuff in a timely manner. Incredible that they have any customers. Also, I think your warning is misplaced. It should be "Camping World-Warning to those looking..."
There are many happy PCW owners.

'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

braindead0

Reno, NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/02/16 11:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our TT is a PCW. It had its share of problems, the factory QA is not very good. They drilled through the aluminum framing to run wires and didn't clean up the hole at all. 'Specs subject to change' included a 12 gallon black tank that held 6 gallons (and that's including 3' of 3" pipe!). Side vent access doors for fridge were held in place by the bare minimum of acrylic caulk which proceeded to fall apart first year.. There were other issues that I fixed, mostly minor.

All that being said, not a bad trailer for the price. And now that I've fixed the problems (including upgrading to a 25gallon black tank ;-) it's a good solid trailer.

RV's are complicated, manufacturers seem to get away with poor quality because people keep buying them anyway.

2015 RAM 1500 4x4 5.7, 3.93
2013 Econ 16RB TT

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 08/02/16 11:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

braindead0 wrote:

RV's are complicated, manufacturers seem to get away with poor quality because people keep buying them anyway.
Yep, and then complain like heck.

troyman

Roseville, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/02/16 01:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

This probably belongs in Camping world forum. Did you choose this particular brand based on price?

No, we actually went with it because of the layout and size. It matched everything we were looking for within the size we were wanting to stay within. It's generally just myself, my wife and a dog or two that go on our trips, so the floor space was great and being able to close off the bedroom with actual doors, and a true Queen size bed in a 24' trailer was what we were looking for.

troyman

Roseville, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/02/16 01:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

braindead0 wrote:

Our TT is a PCW. It had its share of problems, the factory QA is not very good. They drilled through the aluminum framing to run wires and didn't clean up the hole at all. 'Specs subject to change' included a 12 gallon black tank that held 6 gallons (and that's including 3' of 3" pipe!). Side vent access doors for fridge were held in place by the bare minimum of acrylic caulk which proceeded to fall apart first year.. There were other issues that I fixed, mostly minor.

All that being said, not a bad trailer for the price. And now that I've fixed the problems (including upgrading to a 25gallon black tank ;-) it's a good solid trailer.

Yeah, this is my biggest complaint - the complete and total lack of any kind of quality assurance checks or tests. I haven't even mentioned the small things that drive me nuts like the lights installed crooked over the bed and various trim pieces that look like they were aligned and installed by a drunk person, or that we spent an hour cleaning the ceiling of greasy hand prints upon delivery...

Once it's all sorted out, it will be a great travel trailer, but knowing what we know now, we would have gone with another manufacturer AND dealer. This was actually advertised as one of their more premium packages in a travel trailer too

braindead0

Reno, NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/02/16 02:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

troyman wrote:

Once it's all sorted out, it will be a great travel trailer, but knowing what we know now, we would have gone with another manufacturer AND dealer. This was actually advertised as one of their more premium packages in a travel trailer too
If your TT is one with an aluminum frame, I'd recommend pulling the clearance/brake/tail lights just to make sure that wires aren't being run through sharp/ragged holes. Top left rear clearance light on ours was the only point I could find where the wires were run through a hole drilled in the frame, and it was a mess.. Luckily I noticed the short/blown fuse before going on a trip. That was the only dangerous problem I found, I advised the QA manager at their plant of the problems I found.. maybe they paid attention.

troyman

Roseville, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/02/16 03:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the heads up! The main frame is steel, but the enclosed portion is supposed to be all aluminum. I'll definitely pop the lights out when I get it back and check. That isn't just poor quality, that is flat out stupid dangerous... wow.

troyman

Roseville, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/16 01:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just an update on the rolling turd. We took it up to Lake Tahoe last weekend after everything was "fixed". They built a wooden baffle to help with air flow over the cooling fins, worked for about the first half day then the fridge started getting warm again, back to propane again...

Water leaks again. The pump at some point during the first night started leaking at a fitting again. I walked into the bathroom to find water pooled up all over the floor, and pouring out of the cabinet. Unscrewed the access panel and the pump was spraying me with water. Cabinet is damaged, floor is damaged.

Stereo just stopped working altogether, checked fuses, breakers, nothing - just doesn't work anymore

Grey water leaks. Reported this last time, but when we went to hook up noticed some water leaking out of the trailer in the back where the hot water lines are coming through the undercoating. Looked closer and it was coming out of everywhere there was an opening in the bottom of the trailer. We tiled the trailer up to connect and it started POURING out from everywhere.

So trailer is back in for repairs. Current count - 114 days of ownership, 72 days of repair. Headed down to Camping World of Sacramento this morning to get my work order history, and talking to an attorney today.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Pacific Coachworks - Warning to those looking...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.