RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Colorado Trip in July

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Colorado Trip in July

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Lauren

Sahuarita, AZ (or on the road!)

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/17 06:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think 4runnerguy is giving good advice. We lived in Estes Park 1995-2003 and now down here near Tucson. But we go back to CO in the summer a lot. We spend our time in the southwest part of the state. Went back to Estes twice a couple of times but now do not go back - people and the pine beetle in RMNP has taken away the beauty that loved loved, hiked in and photographed. A couple of things in CO Springs but if you want Nature and it's beauty I highly recommend the southwest part of the state. We will be there for nearly two months this summer.

Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

caysea7254

South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/17 04:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We also will be going out to Colorado in July. We are like you like State Parks & National. Last time we vacationed in Colorado we did the west side of the state. We stayed in Ridgeway State park for a week and loved every minute! From there we did day trips to Ouray, Gunnison National Park and a few other towns nearby, then the next week to Mesa Verde National Park , Durango ect. It is beautiful and in 2 weeks we didn't get to go everywhere we wanted on that side but it was a great vacation. This year We r staying a week at Cheyenne Mountain State Park for a week and visit Colorado Spring area attractions then the next week to RMNP. cant go wrong anywhere in Colorado!! Oh and we did stay at Mueller a few days on way home from our 1st trip. Beautiful State Park. Have a great trip!! Tara [emoticon]

Steve & Tara Smiley
2014 3500HD Silverado
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL

linnemj

Eastern Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/17 05:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We also are spending a month in Colorado on our way to and from Utah this fall. I have reservations at Moraine Park Campground in RMNP, Cheyenne Mountain SP in Colorado Springs, a commercial Campground in Buena Vista, West Fork NFS Campground outside Pagosa Springs, and Haviland Lake north of Durango.

When I make reservations at the first possible times in CO state Parks and National Parks we are finding very limited site availability.

Thanks to 4Runnerguy for some great recommendations. I recommend anyone coming to Colorado review his archived posts.

Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR MBV 29
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Motorcycles!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Colorado Trip in July
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.