|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> outdoor patio mat

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
campingman55

wichita falls

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/17 06:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

iam tired of buy a new patio mat every winter where i spend my winter the site is all rock and the rocks wear thru the mat and i was wondering if there is some thing i could put down first so the rocks dont wear thru

2005 vectra 40fd motor home and wife and our 2 pita malties and a mini poodle

rav

Full Timing

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/17 07:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

could you put down outdoor carpet?

2016 Bighorn 3760EL
2015 F350
me, DW and our 2 dogs Mattie and Bella

crasster

Dallas

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/17 09:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

carpet square under the mat. Durable.

4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/17 03:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sun shade screen material from Lowes, Home Depot, etc. Sold by the length. Find it back in the garden center.

Water goes thru it, it doesn't wear out, AND you don't do the slip and slide all over like you do on those dang RV mats.

I bought enough to cover the full length of my MH. Add camping stakes to the four corners and it stays where you put it. I actually added four rubber grommets to the four corners for the stake to go thru.

It washes off easily and when hung up to dry it dries in minutes so you aren't putting a stinky heavy mat in your storage bay.

Weighs practically nothing, comes in very nice colors to choose from, Doesn't kill the grass underneath it that then turns into mud.

AND

It folds up FLAT int a 12 inch or so square for storage.

The best thing I have bought for my MH. It is going on 10 years the SAME mat and it looks like the day I bought it! [emoticon]

* This post was edited 04/22/17 04:01pm by rockhillmanor *

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

amxpress

Clayton, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/23/17 04:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ROCKHILLMANOR, please pm me as I have some questions about your use of sunshade material.

2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4X4 long bed
2021 Airstream Bambi 22FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
Prodigy P2
Champion 3500 genny
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo

Stormy Eyes

On the road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/23/17 05:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rockhillmanor wrote:

Sun shade screen material from Lowes, Home Depot, etc. Sold by the length. Find it back in the garden center.

Water goes thru it, it doesn't wear out, AND you don't do the slip and slide all over like you do on those dang RV mats.

I bought enough to cover the full length of my MH. Add camping stakes to the four corners and it stays where you put it. I actually added four rubber grommets to the four corners for the stake to go thru.

It washes off easily and when hung up to dry it dries in minutes so you aren't putting a stinky heavy mat in your storage bay.

Weighs practically nothing, comes in very nice colors to choose from, Doesn't kill the grass underneath it that then turns into mud.

AND

It folds up FLAT int a 12 inch or so square for storage.

The best thing I have bought for my MH. It is going on 10 years the SAME mat and it looks like the day I bought it! [emoticon]

What an interesting idea. I have not been using a mat because I did not want a damp, sandy, or bulky mat in storage when moving to a new site. But something lightweight and fast drying appeals to me. I'll take a look at it next time I am in a home improvement store.

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/17 10:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also bought the same material for a sun screen off the end of my awning. Keeps the heat out from the sun yet lets the light and breeze come thru and looks real nice. And again folds up flat for storage.

I use two hand held clamps and attach to each side of rail under the valance of the awning. For quick removal in case of a storm.

Pretty much the same material they use and label as "RV" awning sun shades that they charge sometimes over $200 for!! Cost at Lowes....$20 or $30 bucks. [emoticon]

Ivylog

Blairsville, GA and WPB, FL.

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/17 02:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X3 on sun shade material.

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
08 HR Navigator 45'
Sold 04 Dynasty after 14 great years.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> outdoor patio mat
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.