RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Gets-you-home insurance?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Gets-you-home insurance?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Naio

Snug as a bug in a rug

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/20 12:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for the heads up, WatsnJa89!

I ended up going with the FMCA. And I ended up having to use it, this spring. I put in my claim in March, and haven't been refunded for my expenses yet. But they are still communicating by email. They said they are just extremely swamped because of covid.

I'll try to update here if anything ever happens.

3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/20 07:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Coachnet, one of the reasons I have them, they will get wife & RV home if needed. The plus is their road side assistance is top notch. 1st question has always been are you safely off the road. Major break down a few years back, tow truck for TV & 1 ton dully for the 5W. Sign the bill, asked driver what the cost was and was told $900 plus. They put the 5W in an RV park, and TV to the repair shop. Apologized for the time it took as the closest could handle the call was over an hour away from me. Took about 1.5-2.0 hrs before they where on scene.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

navigator2346

texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/20 08:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Edd505 wrote:

Coachnet, one of the reasons I have them, they will get wife & RV home if needed. The plus is their road side assistance is top notch. 1st question has always been are you safely off the road. Major break down a few years back, tow truck for TV & 1 ton dully for the 5W. Sign the bill, asked driver what the cost was and was told $900 plus. They put the 5W in an RV park, and TV to the repair shop. Apologized for the time it took as the closest could handle the call was over an hour away from me. Took about 1.5-2.0 hrs before they where on scene.

You are refering to a towing service for your vehicles.

The OP was talking about emergency evacuation if you are incapicated

Naio

Snug as a bug in a rug

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/20 10:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It sounds like Edd505's saying that coachnet is both, bundled together. Is that correct?

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/20 05:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MASA Now when I bought it it was a single payment for life. IT did pay for my Gas bringing my wife's ashes home from South Carolina.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

thestoloffs

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/27/20 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It seems like people are conflating several different types of insurance coverage.

Some plans will drive your vehicles home if your family doesn't have a skilled driver remaining; others will not. Some will provide air fare &/or hotel coverage for family members to be at bedside, if appropriate.

Some will cover air ambulance costs to take you from the accident scene to the closest hospital or clinic; some will cover it to the closest trauma center; and some will cover it all the way to your local trauma center or rehab facility near your home.

It's all a matter of reading the policy terms VERY CAREFULLY before signing on the bottom line -- long before you need to use it!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Gets-you-home insurance?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.