RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Host Cascade 10'6" Double Slide NEW PLAN?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Host Cascade 10'6" Double Slide NEW PLAN?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Faststreak

Mississippi

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/17 03:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is one issue that we need to learn to handle better. We are not experienced cold wheather campers and one night it was in the mid 20s and ran the furnace quite a bit. The next morning their was quite a bit of condensation. The next night it was much less as we left the fantastic fan partially open We still have much to learn about cold weather and dealling with moisture. Eddie

MrPhelps

Huntsville, AL

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/17 04:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you so much for taking the time to address my questions !

- 06 Dodge DRW CTD QC 4x4 Laramie, Nav, Powersteps, Exhaust Brake, Ricksons w/19.5 H ply XDS2 , Ride Rites, Ranchos, Bump Stops, Airbags, Superhitch, Bodiak, 60 gal Fuel tank

- 2018 Host Cascade dual slide

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/17 06:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Get external vent covers so you can leave the roof vents open when driving, windy or in the rain. Typically the moisture is coming from your breathing, so only the vent closest to you has be open enough to allow the moisture to escape. We never did the window and vent treatments where it feels like you are in a dark cave - We prefer the natural light whether hot or cold.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate 20' Car Carrier-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW 1200sp

Faststreak

Mississippi

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/17 06:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bedlam, thanks for your input and advice and input. I followed much of it through the process of obtaining my Cascad. From going to 19.5 inch wheels and dealer to use. On the vents what is value of having them open when driving and no one is in the camper? We did have a lot of moisture on the passenger side slide and around windows even the bathroom. I see some people are using small dehumidifiers. Is this a option in your opinion that has value and can help? I'm going to try to put some pics on tomorrow. As mentioned in a earlier post, on our relatively quick trip, we enjoyed beautiful country from snow capped mountains in the NW to red desert in Wyoming. I believed God has given us a great Creation to enjoy and be good stewards of. Eddie

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/17 07:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For us, keeping the vents open always circulates in fresh air keeping the camper from smelling from adhesives when new and people when used. When we are not camping, I leave vents open rather than closing everything up. We have never had to use devices or desiccant to keep moisture abated and feel this is because we allow airflow whether sitting or moving.

Sadly we were not able to meet up on your trip, but I'm glad that some of my experiences and research helped you in your purchase and road trip. I would like to hear what that Cascade actually weighs on your truck since most of what I had was extrapolation from information I knew. I would also like hear how you like your new wheel setup...

brholt

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/17 04:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like Bedlam we too would recommend vent covers. When camping in cold and humid weather (pretty much all the time here in winter in the PNW) we open the "cab" window a little bit (the window that looks at the truck) and the bathroom vent a bit. That seems to work pretty well.

After camping I put a 50 quart dehumidifier in the camper and run it for a couple of days to dry everything completely. Usually get a couple of buckets of water

Faststreak

Mississippi

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/03/17 06:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here are some pics of our new Cascade.
[image]
[image][image][image][image]

* This post was edited 12/03/17 06:42pm by Faststreak *

Faststreak

Mississippi

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/03/17 06:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A few more pics. [image][image][image][image]

lakelivr

Foote, MS

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/17 07:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice rig Faststreak. I can't believe there's another Mississippian on the TC thread. I live up in the De!ta. Don't have a truck camper yet but hope to order a Mammoth sometime after the first of the year. I'm trying to heal up from buying a new F450 right now.
Randy

Faststreak

Mississippi

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/03/17 08:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lakelivr, what town are you in the delta? I'm in the Brandon Area. Have you decided who you will order your Host from? O wait I see the town Foote, have to look that one up. As you can tell I went to Oregon to get my Cascade. So far love ours.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Host Cascade 10'6" Double Slide NEW PLAN?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS