RV.Net Open Roads Forum: which class c has the most basement storage ?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> which class c has the most basement storage ?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/17 01:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think a fair few with a rear bed have a sizable storage area that's accessible from two sides (though I suspect three sided access is less common).

My Coachmen Santara does have what looks to be a somewhat similar storage space across the back, accessible from the two sides but not from the rear. I think the doors are around 2' by 2', and the unit is around 8' wide, and the internal space is a little larger than the door openings. This is in addition to some other storage compartments, of course, including a couple of rather limited height sections that go clear across.

If your items are quite lightweight, like yarn or something similar, you might be able to store and carry it in a cabover area safely.

Probably the ultimate in storage in a class C is a toy hauler such as the Thor Outlaw.

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/17 01:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colettek,

It sounds like you may be using your rig for craft shows and such, carrying light weight things that take up a lot of room.

The Coachman Freelander 21QB made for a number of years, if built on Ford E450 or Chevy 4500, and the right rated hitch, may be ideal for your needs. It has a rear corner queen bed with full two-sided corner storage underneath it. That storage compartment is like a room in itself, a lot for a short motor home.
[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

OldRadios

Upstate New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/17 04:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 27' Tioga 26Q also (same rig as IAMICHABOD's). That extra 3' over a 24' gives you a lot. Large (more than 100 cubic feet) storage area across the back with three access doors, A queen bedroom without the bed being stuffed in a corner (a must have for us after having a B for a couple of years), and a bathroom with a shower instead of a wet bath. It's on the E450 chassis so it's wider than a 350 chassis and has plenty of extra cargo capacity. We tow a 14' trailer with two Harleys and I also use it for selling at antique shows. Took me six months to find one though. I'm in upstate NY also and got mine from a dealer in PA. Well worth the trip.

[image]

[image]

2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/17 08:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron,

Where are the FW tank, gas tank, grey tank, black tank, spare tire, and shower pan in that Coachman 21QB in your photos above?

Also, with where that 21QB's large storage cabinet is located - won't the corner bed in affect have a large volume full of cold air and stuff immediately under it during cool weather camping?

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

WayneLee

Out West Somewhere

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/17 08:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Those rear storage areas in the Sunseekers can carry a lot of "stuff". Let's put it this way, when I downsized from a 38' diesel pusher to our current coach (see signature), I was able to put all the "stuff" from my Class A to my present coach, and still have a lot of room left over.

Wayne Lee
Out West Somewhere

2016 Forest River Sunseeker 3050DS Class C | Hummer H3 dinghy

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/17 04:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pnichols wrote:

Ron,

Where are the FW tank, gas tank, grey tank, black tank, spare tire, and shower pan in that Coachman 21QB in your photos above?

Also, with where that 21QB's large storage cabinet is located - won't the corner bed in affect have a large volume full of cold air and stuff immediately under it during cool weather camping?
I wouldn't know the answers to your questions. Hopefully someone who owns a 21QB will step in.

Our 2007 Phoenix Cruiser 2350 is similar to the C.F.21QB in that our outdoor storage compartment is under our rear corner bed. The compartment is considered "inside" the motor home with regard to freeze protection. It is fairly well insulated including an insulated door. Our fresh water tank is in that space requiring it to be so. We have only a 'now' plywood platform between our mattress & compartment. Since we do not have vents to circulate interior air into the storage compartment, I consider it an in-between area. The fresh water tank won't freeze in spring or fall camping, but if winter-camping, I would want to get some warm air circulated in that compartment if using on-board water.

Here is a picture of our storage compartment. Our fresh water tank is to the left behind the wood wall.[image]

* This post was edited 06/14/17 06:56am by ron.dittmer *

RambleOnNW

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/17 10:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our 'C has what I consider adequate storage at around 50 cu. ft. 4 compartment doors on the drivers side and 3 on the passanger side. Basement model however the rear slideout causes the rear passthrough to not be tall. Full width though so we can have a 6' folding ladder in there. Also carried at the same time a pair of 186 cm alpine skis on the 2 side compartments which are connected.

2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

BenDover

Everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/21 07:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jayco Redhawk SE 27N
non-slide, walkaround queen bed, rear access, power outlet, light

Jayco Redhawk 29XK
1 slide, walkaround queen bed, rear access, power outlet, light

Entegra Oddysey 29XK
1 slide, walkaround queen bed, rear access, power outlet, light

Gulf Stream Conquest 6280LE
non-slide, walkaround queen bed, no rear access, no power outlet, no light

Coachmen Freelander 27Q
non-slide, walkaround queen bed, no rear access, no power outlet, no light

Thor Chateau 28A
non-slide, walkaround queen bed, rear access, no power outlet, light, table

Thor Chateau 28Z
1 slide, walkaround queen bed, rear access, no power outlet, light, table

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/21 10:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ben, this was a 2017 post.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> which class c has the most basement storage ?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.