RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 541  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
BigRabbitMan

Cottage Grove, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/19 07:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we rebuilt our new to us house, we did 22 floor plans before a nail was driven. It worked out well!

BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/19 09:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

STBRetired wrote:

When we re-did the kitchen in the S&B, DW drew out plans on graph paper. Once she found a few that she liked, we marked it all out on the floor and walls with blue painter's tape and cardboard. Gave us a couple days to "live" with each layout until she picked the one she wanted. Worked out pretty well.

I bought the painters tape a couple of weeks ago, in preparation for double checking the floor plan.

I hadn't really thought of using cardboard for full size mock ups, but that is a good idea.

I think I'll have to do that.

Thanks!

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/19 09:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wildmanbaker wrote:

STBRetired wrote:

When we re-did the kitchen in the S&B, DW drew out plans on graph paper. Once she found a few that she liked, we marked it all out on the floor and walls with blue painter's tape and cardboard. Gave us a couple days to "live" with each layout until she picked the one she wanted. Worked out pretty well.
This is a great idea to develop the floor plan you, well She can live with, LOL. Cardboard fridge, sink, stove, couch, bed, walls. Make them as stand alone units that can be moved around as needed.

I agree with the stand alone nature of each piece. Like you said, they can then be moved around, and will give a better idea of what things will look like.

Thanks!

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/19 09:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BigRabbitMan wrote:

When we rebuilt our new to us house, we did 22 floor plans before a nail was driven. It worked out well!

Wow, 22 different floor plans? Somebody was dedicated! Lol.

That is a good idea though.

I think I'll have to do that. Maybe I can use left over insulation to create some of these cabinets as well.

Anything to give a realistic idea of what things will look like.

All good ideas. Thanks!

Bill1374

northern New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/19 08:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking forward to seeing the interior take shape. You had put a lot of thought into what goes where and I thought things looked pretty good. Of course I understand changes. Many years ago, I bought a 10 foot camper shell and built the interior. No where near your project but a heck of a lot of fun at the time.

KZ Montego Bay in Florida
Rockwood lite up north
2016 HD Street Glide, 12 Fatboy for cruisin

PastorCharlie

NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/19 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are computer programs that will generate various floor plans even with paint schemes and wall hangings.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/19 09:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill1374 wrote:

Looking forward to seeing the interior take shape. You had put a lot of thought into what goes where and I thought things looked pretty good. Of course I understand changes. Many years ago, I bought a 10 foot camper shell and built the interior. No where near your project but a heck of a lot of fun at the time.

Thanks!

The floor plan that I designed and posted a while back, may still happen. I have not abandoned it just yet.

I do want to try a couple of other setups before starting to build the cabinets.

My best bet is to create full size patterns, and put things in place, see how they look.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/19 09:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PastorCharlie wrote:

There are computer programs that will generate various floor plans even with paint schemes and wall hangings.

Thanks!

I have Sketchup, which a lot of people use, and have played around with it some. In all honesty, I can create a 2d mockup on paper much faster than trying to learn the program.

Building the cardboard boxes for appliances and counters, will also take a short amount of time, compared to learning that program.

How about that? A computer guru using non computer techniques. What a concept! Lol...

There are some people who can look at a 2d or even 3d pic on a computer and visualize what it will look like in real life.

Unfortunately, my wife is not one of them. My best bet is just to create cardboard mock ups of what we want, then move them around until we have what we want.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/19 09:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It finally happened. After a couple of days off, my wife threw me out of the house! What????

We watched a couple of videos this afternoon, and she said "get out of here, and go work on the motor home"! Lol.

So, I did!

I cut a couple of pieces of 1" thick insulation that I wanted to install on the ceiling, covered one of them with ChemLink, and proceeded to brace that first piece into place.

I ended up using almost all my braces for the first piece, so I could not glue 2 of them in, at one time.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/19 09:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I cut those pieces of insulation to a 30" width. Here you can see, with the red arrow, which happens to be the center of the ceiling, where I am going to put wood instead of insulation. The yellow arrow shows where the next piece of insulation will go along side of this one.

I want to be able to attach lights, and who knows what else, in the center of the ceiling, so I wanted something solid to be able to do that. Hence, the wood, instead of only insulation.

[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 541  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS