RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 485  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/19 09:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While I was at it, I picked up 2 of these ammo boxes. These are nice little plastic boxes that are great for storing a lot of different things in them, not just ammo.

They were on the shelf for $6.99. With one of their coupons, only $2.99 each.

Sometimes you will find the same item in 2 different sales circulars for 2 different prices. Go figure! Lol.

[image]

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/19 09:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So, all in all, I only spent $21.94, including state sales tax. According to the receipt, I saved $17.10. Nearly 50%

I like it! Lol. [emoticon]

Anyway, what does all this have to do with rebuilding the motor home?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing!

The wife and I just enjoyed a quiet day today, watched a few youtube videos, also a couple of movies, and just generally goofed off. Nothing like relaxing for a day or two.

I didn't really buy any of this stuff for the motor home. It was bought just for general purposes, so I am not including it in the cost of the rebuild.

Back to work on the coach tomorrow.

Hope you had a great weekend! [emoticon]

wildmanbaker

Kennewick, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You are like most males, SEEK HELP[emoticon]LOL.

Wildmanbaker

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 09:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wildmanbaker wrote:

You are like most males, SEEK HELP[emoticon]LOL.

SEEK HELP???? Or is it "It's too late for me! Save yourselves"!!! [emoticon] LOL!

My son thoroughly enjoys comparing different things he is getting ready to purchase. In fact, it's gotten to the point for him, that the thrill is in the research, finding the best item that he wants to purchase, and not in the actual purchase of said item.

He has checked on a couple of different items that are sold by Harbor Freight, and some of them actually perform better in tests than some of the higher priced counterparts. Go figure.

Obviously, there is a lot at HF that are of lesser quality than other brands that are selling, but hey, many of their products perform decently for what they cost.

Just find a coupon, and go for it!

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/19 09:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wild day today. My niece hired another assistant a couple of months ago. At the time, the woman said she was broke. 5 months later, my niece tried to give her a few more hours a week of work.

She quit! Ah, Hello, McFly? Anybody home?

As such, I am taking over some of that work that the other woman was doing, so I was in training today. As a result of said training, we worked longer today than normal, and I got nothing done on the moho.

Bummer. Such is the life of a moho rebuild. Some days go great, some, not so great. Today was not so great. Should have some extra time tomorrow to actually get some work done.

Stay tuned! There are some surprises coming in the coming weeks! Yee Haw!

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/19 09:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, this is starting to get old. Apparently, I may have slightly underestimated the learning curve of taking on some new work from my niece. Oops.

Spent almost the entire day in front of the computer, trying to figure out how to accomplish what she was needing to be done.

One thing about it, when I was self employed with computer repair, my son was working with me, and I always told him, "failure is not an option".

We had people who brought us computers, after they worked on it, their kids worked on it, the neighbor worked on it, and their kids friends who knew everything there was to know about computers worked on it. Finally, they brought it to us, and wanted it fixed. And we did.

Very, very seldom, did we ever fail to get it fixed.

Failure is not an option. If it was easy, they would not have brought it to us.

What does that have to do with anything? Well, I'll get this figured out for my niece, and afterwards, it should be fairly easy.

Same with the motor home. Failure is not an option.

People used to ask me how I could stand to work on computers for so long looking for answers. My usual response was one of three. When you have all day to play with it, eventually you'll figure some things out. My other 2 responses were, "it helps to be half crazy", and "I'm not smart enough to know when to quit"! Lol.

Some days, that's how I felt during the rebuild of the moho. Just didn't know when to quit.

Well, either way, I'll get there. I got far enough today with my nieces work, that I should be able to get to work on the moho tomorrow.

I hope so, I need a break from computer stuff, and want to get my hands dirty in sawdust, or whatever. Lol.

Hopefully, I'll have some pics and and update tomorrow. [emoticon]

Thanks for hanging in there.

Bill1374

northern New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/30/19 05:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go for it! I will patiently wait for the construction to hit the interior. After the discussions and drawing changes, I think it will work just fine.

KZ Montego Bay in Florida
Rockwood lite up north
2016 HD Street Glide, 12 Fatboy for cruisin

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/19 09:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill1374 wrote:

Go for it! I will patiently wait for the construction to hit the interior. After the discussions and drawing changes, I think it will work just fine.

Thank you! Hopefully, it won't be too long until I can get started on the inside. Not a couple of days, but it's getting closer.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/19 09:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Longer day today than I thought. Learning curves can be a bugger! Lol.

I did get outside tonight, not to the motor home, but at least outside.

We had a strong thunderstorm last night, so I went out tonight and cut a few low hanging limbs off of the maple tree we have, just outside the bedroom window.

Whenever it rains, the extra weight of the water pulls some of the branches down low, so I cut them off with the Ryobi chain saw I just bought.

I must say, I like it. No gas/oil combination to mess with. No pulling the starting rope, choking the engine, extra loud engine noise, ugly exhaust fumes. Hah!

Just put in the battery, make sure it has bar and chain oil, and pull the trigger. I like it! Definitely worth the price, with all the less hassle of doing some trim work.

In all honesty, cutting up to 8" to 10" diameter branches works pretty well.

I don't think I have any major work to do tomorrow for my niece, so I should be able to get some work done. I know, I've been saying that all week! Lol.

zigzagrv

Nazareth, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/19 12:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On the topic of Harbor Freight, I found the perfect campground in Texas. HF was within walking distance of the campground!!!

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
Master Tow dolly
Toyota RAV4

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 485  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS