RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

 > Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 544  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Don's Lock

Clinton On. Canada

Full Member

Joined: 03/05/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/20/19 08:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why are you going to use that old deadbolt, your asking for a lockout.
Buy a new one.
Don


2016 Ford Focus
2013 Georgetown 335

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

Senior Member

Joined: 12/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 10/20/19 10:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don's Lock wrote:

Why are you going to use that old deadbolt, your asking for a lockout.
Buy a new one.
Don




Who said anything about using the old deadbolt? I like taking things apart and seeing how they work. That's why I took the old door apart, to see how Fleetwood had assembled it.

Don't know if or how long you have been following, but, one of the goals of this thread is to show detailed information about how things are assembled, in case anyone else has a need for the info to use in their own rig.

Maybe, maybe not. However, it has been a definite learning experience, both for me, and I am sure at least a few people following this thread.

Since I don't pretend to know everything, do you have a recommendation for a good secure deadbolt?


If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

Senior Member

Joined: 12/25/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 10/21/19 05:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fulltimin wrote:

Don's Lock wrote:

Why are you going to use that old deadbolt, your asking for a lockout.
Buy a new one.
Don




Who said anything about using the old deadbolt? I like taking things apart and seeing how they work. That's why I took the old door apart, to see how Fleetwood had assembled it.

Don't know if or how long you have been following, but, one of the goals of this thread is to show detailed information about how things are assembled, in case anyone else has a need for the info to use in their own rig.

Maybe, maybe not. However, it has been a definite learning experience, both for me, and I am sure at least a few people following this thread.

Since I don't pretend to know everything, do you have a recommendation for a good secure deadbolt?


Dead bolt? Take your choice at Lowe's or Home Depot.


What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

PastorCharlie

NC

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2004

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 10/21/19 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This type of lock is on my Newmar…. I have purchased parts from this site with good results.

https://www.pacificrvmirrors.com/product-p/30-900.htm

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

Senior Member

Joined: 12/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 10/21/19 09:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PastorCharlie wrote:

This type of lock is on my Newmar…. I have purchased parts from this site with good results.

https://www.pacificrvmirrors.com/product-p/30-900.htm



I like that. Both the handle lock and the deadbolt are in one unit. I did some further checking, and it appears that some of these take the same key for both locks.

The plus side is, the dealer's master key will only work on the handle key, and not the deadbolt.

I've got no clue how they would do that, since I am not a locksmith, but it sounds like a cool concept.

Thanks for the info.

Looooonnnnngggg day with the niece today. Lol. Ugh.

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

Senior Member

Joined: 12/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 10/22/19 09:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Evening everybody.

Feeling really rough today, so I never made it outside. not sure how the rest of the week will go.

Depends on how I feel. Hopefully, in a day or 2, I be back to normal and be able to get moving again.

As such, I have nothing to post tonight.

Hopefully, I'll have something new for tomorrow night, but no promises.

ro_sie

South Carolina

Senior Member

Joined: 11/19/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/23/19 04:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope you are back up to snuff soon. Look forward to seeing the latest on your project.


ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE


fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

Senior Member

Joined: 12/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 10/26/19 06:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ro_sie wrote:

I hope you are back up to snuff soon. Look forward to seeing the latest on your project.




Thanks. Been a bit of a rough week.

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

Senior Member

Joined: 12/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 10/26/19 06:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On the bright side, I think I have found a new door lock/latch for the door. This would go on the inside.



[image]



Now, come on, that's funny. It's not going to happen, but I like the concept, just not on my rv.

Yes, starting to feel somewhat better, in case you couldn't tell, some of my twisted humor is back. Lol.

STBRetired

I-80 and I-55

Senior Member

Joined: 11/23/2015

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/26/19 08:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good to see you back at the keyboard.


1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select


Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 544  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

 > Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS