RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 800  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/30/21 05:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's OK, I never claimed you were a master of anything either! I find most of your carpentry work interesting, just sometimes a bit over reported.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/21 09:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

That's OK, I never claimed you were a master of anything either! I find most of your carpentry work interesting, just sometimes a bit over reported.

The interesting thing is, of all the people that follow this, very few ever post anything. It's tough to tell if it's too much detail, just the correct amount of detail, or not enough detail.

Highly unlikely that it's not enough detail.

As a result, I'll keep plugging along.

I only had a very short time today to work, as we spent the afternoon with the son and daughter in law.

I'll post that tomorrow.

If the weatherman is accurate, we are expecting 6 - 12 inches of snow in the next 48 hours. We'll see. Could wind up being a dusting.

Around here, ya just never know. Lol.

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/21 07:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just want to say, you do have lurkers and I thank you for the reports.

ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

PastorCharlie

NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/21 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Would it be a plus to attach a cord of some sort to the back wall and to the sliding shelf to limit it from sliding all the way out and dropping the oven and causing harm to itself and the one pulling the shelf. Perhaps install a releasing hook of some sort on the self end of the cord to allow removal of the shelf is so desired.

Also a latch to keep the shelf from sliding out during travel.

I like the idea of the slide saving wasted space that typical drawer slides require. It appears there is a gain of 44 cubic inches of storage in a 6 inch high and 22 inch deep drawer. 58.7 cubic inches gained with an 8 inch high drawer. That is a significant gain on a total cabinet install.

* This post was edited 01/31/21 11:37am by PastorCharlie *

BigRabbitMan

Cottage Grove, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/21 12:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, the oven needs to be anchored to the shelf and a stop created to prevent it from slowly extending due to vibration while traveling.

BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/21 09:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ro_sie wrote:

Just want to say, you do have lurkers and I thank you for the reports.

Thanks.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/21 09:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PastorCharlie wrote:

Would it be a plus to attach a cord of some sort to the back wall and to the sliding shelf to limit it from sliding all the way out and dropping the oven and causing harm to itself and the one pulling the shelf. Perhaps install a releasing hook of some sort on the self end of the cord to allow removal of the shelf is so desired.

Also a latch to keep the shelf from sliding out during travel.

I like the idea of the slide saving wasted space that typical drawer slides require. It appears there is a gain of 44 cubic inches of storage in a 6 inch high and 22 inch deep drawer. 58.7 cubic inches gained with an 8 inch high drawer. That is a significant gain on a total cabinet install.

I will have a stop to make sure the drawer is not accidently pulled out too far. That would not be good with an oven sitting on the pulled out portion.

Yes, there will also be a release to pull the shelf out completely as well, and a latch to keep it from moving during travel. Those are all good points to keep in mind when using drawers in a moving vehicle/house.

This drawer will be roughly 12" high and about 26" long. I figure I've gained roughly about 1" in width with the wooden slides.

A set of steel slides will be roughly 1/2" in width for each side. Then we add about 1/2" width for the drawer sides. That results in about 2" less drawer space than the width of the "hole".

This setup uses a touch over 1/2" for the slide and the drawer side. It does save space, and depending on what the drawer is used for, it may make a difference in whether what you want to put in there will fit or not.

I could have cut the sides and slides down to no more than 1/2" per side easily, without sacrificing strength. Yes, it takes more time and effort, but again, it may or may not be worth it depending on your application.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/21 09:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BigRabbitMan wrote:

Yes, the oven needs to be anchored to the shelf and a stop created to prevent it from slowly extending due to vibration while traveling.

Absolutely. Having it fall out during movement would not be a good thing.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/21 09:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sitting here watching our 6-10, 8-12, or dusting to a foot of snow fall. Not sure what exactly is going to occur until the end of the storm. Lol.

PastorCharlie

NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/21 10:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

This drawer will be roughly 12" high and about 26" long. I figure I've gained roughly about 1" in width with the wooden slides.

That translates to 312 cubic inches more useable space over using factory drawer slides. You have gained approx. 1/5th cubic foot space.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 800  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.