RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 458  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
wildmanbaker

Kennewick, Washington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/19 05:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fulltimin wrote:

I'm Popeye the sailor man..
I live in a frying pan..
They turned on the heat..
I burnt my feet..
I'm Popeye the sailor man.. Toot Toot!
Do you need to cork the rum sailor? LOL

Wildmanbaker

Bill1374

northern New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/19 07:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm using a trailer that has a murphy in the front that comes down over the couch which folds flat for clearance. I have not used it enough for a solid answer yet but...
It is not inconvenient to use and still allows me a couch for daytime seating. It does not take long to set up for use. It uses about 15 inches of space against the front wall but uses a thin mattress which I had to add a foam topper to it to be comfortable sleeping on it.
In your drawing, it would likely wind up behind the drivers seat assuming a window on the passenger side. I'm not sure how much it would extend into the floor from that area likely will be over 3 feet.

Bill

KZ Montego Bay in Florida
Rockwood lite up north
2016 HD Street Glide, 12 Fatboy for cruisin

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/19 09:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wildmanbaker wrote:

fulltimin wrote:

I'm Popeye the sailor man..
I live in a frying pan..
They turned on the heat..
I burnt my feet..
I'm Popeye the sailor man.. Toot Toot!
Do you need to cork the rum sailor? LOL

Aye, Capt'n. We got 'er corked!. Yee Haw! Lol.

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/19 09:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill1374 wrote:

I'm using a trailer that has a murphy in the front that comes down over the couch which folds flat for clearance. I have not used it enough for a solid answer yet but...
It is not inconvenient to use and still allows me a couch for daytime seating. It does not take long to set up for use. It uses about 15 inches of space against the front wall but uses a thin mattress which I had to add a foam topper to it to be comfortable sleeping on it.
In your drawing, it would likely wind up behind the drivers seat assuming a window on the passenger side. I'm not sure how much it would extend into the floor from that area likely will be over 3 feet.

Bill

Thanks for the info. I appreciate the post.

Anyone else using an rv without a full time bedroom? Post away!

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/19 09:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Went to Lowes today. It seems that I had run out of Gorilla Tape. Therefore I bought another roll. One of these....

[image]

So, that means I need to update the spreadsheet.

We had a prior total of $6675.50. The tape cost $9.52 so we have a new total of $6685.02.

Hopefully, that Might be the last roll of tape I have to buy until I am done. (Famous last words).

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/19 09:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have no work update on the motor home today. The weather was great compared to what we have had for the last little while.

So, I decided to do just a little clean up around the garage. Let's just say it was getting just a little too "busy" for my liking.

I took apart the left overs of 2 of the ceiling vents that I had cut out of the roof last summer. Nothing spectacular, but one of them is worthy of mention.

I had not taken the screws out, I had just cut them out with the saw. One was just a standard vent by itself.

The second one had a vent cover over it with a fan in the cover.

So, I took them apart today.

I am not a big fan of the standard Fantastic Fan that most everyone uses.

I've seen people on You Tube singing the praises of them, especially "when it rains, the cover closes automatically".

Well, I guess that's one way. I always preferred to keep the vent open even during the rain. As such, I had purchased, years ago, a Maxx Air Fan cover. It looked a little like the one below. I forgot to take a pic.

[image]

This isn't an exact replication, but the fan itself was in the area of the red circle on the inside.

Even when it was raining, we could run the fan without any worries of water entering the vent.

If I was planning to putting a vent in the roof, it definitely would have to be able to be running in the rain.

Just a little blubbering on my end. I think I am done for the night. Hope to have some pics and updates tomorrow.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/19 08:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I took a few pictures today of the Maxx Air vent cover and fan combo, that I bought years ago and still like. It allows for using an overhead fan during all kinds of inclement weather.

Like I said last night, if I would have a fan overhead through the roof, it would have to be similar to this rather than one that would have to be closed during times of rain.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/19 09:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/19 09:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is the view from the rear, showing the fan, which is a 3 speed version.

This fits over the standard roof vent. At the time I bought this one, they also had a cheaper version which was just like this, except for the fan. If you had a roof vent with a fan, that was the one to buy, as it was cheaper than this one with the fan.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/19 09:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok, enough of that. Today was mild, temperature wise. As such, I decided to do a little bit of work outside instead of inside the motor home.

On the passenger side, next to the copilots seat, I wanted to add a support under where the side window used to be.

As you know, when I rebuilt the side walls, up front, I just made a new framework based on the old one, and welded it into place.

There was about a 4 foot area next to the copilots seat that had only plywood and insulation there. After having months to look at it, I have decided that it needs a little more reinforcement. I wanted to add an extra support in there, so like the rest of the side wall, there would only be a 2 foot section, between studs.

So, that is what I did today on the passenger side. I got my grinder out, cut a piece of steel, pulled out the welder and proceeded to weld a new stud in place.

I also added another stud next to one of the full length one, shown on the left side, to give me a little extra support for the plywood that needs to go in there.

Originally, I had planned to just use the 3/4" area of the stud that is already there, to fasten the plywood on the left side, but decided to give it extra support.

Now that, that is in place, I can add my next piece of plywood to that area, and insulate the inside of that area of the wall. Yippee!

[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 458  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS