RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 458  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/19 09:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Added to that just a little extra cleaning of the garage today, and my day was complete.

The forecast for tomorrow is for some rain, so I'm not sure when, what time, or how much, so I'll just see how the day plays out.

I also need to add steel to the drivers side in the same place. Hopefully, it will be dry long enough that I can get those in as well.

Not a huge update, but a little movement in the right direction.

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/19 06:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like the rednecks were ahead of their time. Amazon is now selling these pool liners for pickup truck beds.

Search Amazon for Pick Up Pool. They're about $200.00. Isn't the internet great? Lol.

[image]

STBRetired

I-80 and I-55

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/19 08:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There has GOT to be some way to incorporate that into your remodel. Forget the bed, sleep is overrated.

1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/19 08:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

STBRetired wrote:

There has GOT to be some way to incorporate that into your remodel. Forget the bed, sleep is overrated.

Waterbed! Lol.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/19 09:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

These things are great. They are available at Harbor Freight, and if you buy them with a coupon, they are $.49. This is not a big clamp, but it has good pressure.

It will open up to about 1.75 inches. I used it to hold a piece of steel in place while I tack welded the steel in place. Obviously, too much heat would melt it in a hurry, so ya yust need ta b careful! Yes, it's mis-spelled on purpose.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/19 09:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Today, I welded in a couple of other pieces of steel up front, this time on the drivers/copilots side.

Next step will be to make a template, so I can cut a piece of plywood to size, paint it, and then glue it into place. Then I can insulate the inside area there.

This side, is the one that had a door here, and since I removed it, I wanted to strengthen this side a little like I did the passenger side.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/19 09:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In addition to that, I also did a little more cleaning in the garage, which is not shown.

Here is an interesting picture of how things were build back in 1983, compared to how they are manufactured today.

This is a picture of one of the two overhead vents that were installed on this rig. What's so different about it?

It's made of steel. It's not made of plastic. So, this one will last nigh onto forever, with no cracking. The lid is plastic, but is replaceable.

The bottom screen frame insert is plastic, and you can see how that held up over time. Nice and yellow! Lol.

My how things change over time. By the way, it's not heavy either.

[image]

That's my limited update for tonight. Depending on the weather, maybe I can get more done tomorrow. Yee Haw!

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/19 09:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WOW! What a day! Wahoo!

No, it's not what you think! Lol.

I had wonderful plans of working on the motor home today, which did not happen.

It seems that something else kind of took over the day.

My wife took a DNA test a few weeks ago, and sent her "spit" in to be tested. We finally got the results back.

During our short time of looking on Ancestry.com, we found some people that, we had no idea how they might be related, to her, if at all.

A phone call to one of her half brothers yielded a bunch of information that we had no clue even existed.

Spending several hours on the phone with him was a rewarding experience on both his and our end. We learned a lot about the past, and discovered a few people who had a, for lack of a better term, "colorful history".

That means, people who were thought to be biological parents of certain children, turned out not to be.

All in all, it was a very informative day, even though I never did get to work on the motor home.

Hey, gimme a break. Every once in a while, it's good to take a day off, even though this wasn't planned, and relax, and "go with the flow", so to speak.

Family and friends are always more important than "things", so the motor home will have to wait another day.

So, be forewarned, if you take a DNA test. You may end up with some results that you were not expecting! LOL!

Have a great weekend, everyone. I'll try to get back on the motor home tomorrow!

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/19 09:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And now from the files of the "Go Big or Go Home" category.

If you're going to build a chicken house, lets make a big one!

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/19 09:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are off work tomorrow, for a change! Yee Haw! Well, other than my normal early morning work that goes on daily, but that's usually only an hour or two in the morning.

Son and daughter in law came by today, we went out to eat for our son's birthday, and then watched a movie after lunch. Topped the day off with a blizzard from Dairy Queen.

By the way, why doesn't Dairy Queen sell chocolate ice cream in Texas?

Anyhow, after the day's activities, I figured I'd take the rest of the day off today, and try to make it up tomorrow, working on the motor home.

We'll see how that works out. Lol. Supposed to be in the mid 40's tomorrow, and mostly sunny, partly cloudy.

I should have some pictures tomorrow night.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 458  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS