RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 593  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
STBRetired

I-80 and I-55

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/08/20 05:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So that's his true plan. To eat up space so Marcus has to spend $150 to buy another 2TB drive for the server farm. How insidious!

1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/20 09:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoeH wrote:

fulltimin wrote:

Another off the wall floor. This was composed of beer caps, but I guess most any cap would work, if it's similar in composition.

Just another outside the box floor, with a bunch of Epoxy over top of it.

[image]

Hey, if you need help in drinking the beer to get your supply of caps, let me know !

STBRetired wrote:

I'll be glad to help drink the beer as well. It's the least I can do for a fellow RVer.

The baby wood stove is "cute", but that would pretty much put an end to your "No penetrations through the roof" idea. And I don't see it putting out a whole lot of heat unless you constantly feed it those little twigs in the box.

Nice to know I have some support on the bottle caps issue. Lol.

I've never been much of a beer drinker, though. I did find that the average beer cap is about 1.17" in diameter, so I did a few calculations.

If I use bottle caps for the shower, which the floor will be roughly 24 x 30, I can calculate how many caps I need.

24 / 1.17 = 20.5

30 / 1.17 = 25.6

20 x 25 = 500 ... 500 / 24 = 20.833

So I would need to drink 20.833 cases of beer, at 24 bottles per case.

If I really get serious about drinking, that would be a case a day for the next 3 weeks, and flooring is covered. LOL...

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/20 09:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

This topic is going so sideways! Pretty sure he has no intentions of doing any of these fantasy installations. It does take up space and he has been able to work space to his advantage for 500+ pages. Amazing!

Sideways is a relative term.

Then again, maybe it's just a plot. Maybe by some magic I knew somebody would be reading this thread, and I could drive them up the wall, with repeated side excursions. Lol.

Maybe it's not good to take life too seriously, unless of course, somebody tries frying bacon in the nude. That's pretty serious! Lol.

Yes, I know I posted that before. It's still funny. Lol.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/20 09:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

STBRetired wrote:

So that's his true plan. To eat up space so Marcus has to spend $150 to buy another 2TB drive for the server farm. How insidious!

Gee, I didn't think anyone would catch on.... Lol.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/20 09:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fulltimin wrote:

UGHHHHHHH! What a week!

Been struggling with a computer nearly all week, and finally got it fixed tonight!

In the meantime - ya gotta admit, this picture looks pretty cool. This is in a tiny home, but would still look good in an rv, if there is space for it.

No, I am not saying, that's what I am going to put one in. However, I do think it looks cool, and I won't rule it out completely.

[image]

By they way. From what I have found, these things, supposedly, heat pretty well. They also remove a lot of moisture inside the coach, which is a plus. One of the downsides is they need to be fed about every 3 hours or so.

That's kind of a bummer for overnight purposes, but not drastic during the day.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 08:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let me show you a little of what I've been up to the last few days. Here's a pic of the rr corner, behind the counter, and is where the fridge and storage will go.

There was a bunch of plywood back there that was screwed together when I was putting up the ceiling. I recovered a bunch of screws from them when cleaning this area out.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 08:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also started adding some 2 x 3's to get ready to put the arch in. I have a couple more to add on each side, before I start cutting out the center.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 08:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In this pic, I added a line on the pilot's side of the counter. I marked this at 7" away from the wall, (red arrows show the 7"). The black arrows show the line added.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 09:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What that will do, is give me about 20 inches of counter space between the edge of the counter and where the pantry shelves will be.

I had the wife out there to check how high she could reach, so I know how high to build those shelves.

Overall, it looks like this should work out ok, as the counter depth should be do-able.

[image]

STBRetired

I-80 and I-55

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/20 01:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fulltimin wrote:

What that will do, is give me about 20 inches of counter space between the edge of the counter and where the pantry shelves will be.

I had the wife out there to check how high she could reach, so I know how high to build those shelves.

Overall, it looks like this should work out ok, as the counter depth should be do-able.

Are you putting something like this
[image]
across the front of your shelves, or will they be behind doors? Obviously they can't be just plain shelves or everything would have to come off before you could drive anywhere.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 593  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.