RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 593  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
STBRetired

I-80 and I-55

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/20 02:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fulltimin wrote:

[image]

Is that the final location for the cooktop? I would leave more space between the cooktop and the refrigerator wall. Especially if your wife is right-handed. Big complaint that my wife has is that there is no enough room to the right of our cooktop in the MH for her to put things like bowls of ingredients while she is cooking.

1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/20 09:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

STBRetired wrote:

fulltimin wrote:

What that will do, is give me about 20 inches of counter space between the edge of the counter and where the pantry shelves will be.

I had the wife out there to check how high she could reach, so I know how high to build those shelves.

Overall, it looks like this should work out ok, as the counter depth should be do-able.

Are you putting something like this
[image]
across the front of your shelves, or will they be behind doors? Obviously they can't be just plain shelves or everything would have to come off before you could drive anywhere.

We are considering that currently. I can't put doors on with hinges where the doors swing open, because of having things on the counter when we are trying to prepare food, so that leaves a couple of options.

One is, as you mentioned, or something similar. The other is to put sliding doors on. Not fully sure the wife is on board with the sliding doors, but, that may depend on what she plans on putting in there.

I'll have to take her out there, and she can visualize what might work, before a final decision.

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/20 09:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

STBRetired wrote:

fulltimin wrote:

[image]

Is that the final location for the cooktop? I would leave more space between the cooktop and the refrigerator wall. Especially if your wife is right-handed. Big complaint that my wife has is that there is no enough room to the right of our cooktop in the MH for her to put things like bowls of ingredients while she is cooking.

Probably not exact location. I just brought that out and laid it there, because it was out of the way of what I was doing.

I do want enough room on the right side to be able to put a pan there either before or after putting it on the stove.

I didn't measure, but I think it will probably come towards the front of the coach a few inches.

We also, are right handed, but the house we are in only has about a foot to the right of the stove, and then the refer is there.

There is enough of space there for some things, but not a lot of extra.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/20 09:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I decided to add another 2 x 3 (red arrow), along the left side of the doorway. That will move the center of the arch closer to, but not fully to the center of the ceiling.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/20 09:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Eyeing things up after adding the 2 x 3, and looking at the center of the arch, as compared to the center of the ceiling.

[image]

From a distance, it's staring to look a bit better than it does close up. That will make it easier to offset the fake beam on the ceiling so that it looks centered.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/20 09:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I cut most of the arch out, except for the 2 pieces with the red arrows. I had only put them in there, so I wanted to wait until the adhesive cures before I finish cutting the arch.

After covering the new portion of the wall, you won't be able to tell that I added anything, as is will all be covered up.

Wahoo!

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/20 09:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Instead of working today, the wife and I decided to go out and sit in the motor home for a while.

We discussed how we will be using it, and figuring out where we want certain items. That information is necessary in order to start building cabinets, with drawers.

We needed to know what size drawers to build so that the larger items we need to put in there will fit.

We kicked around where the appliances will go, so I know where to add shelves, and where not to add shelves, as in behind the sink, so we have space to put the faucet. You know, semi - important things. Lol.

I then started figuring out where and what size drawers to make, so the pots and pans will fit in them. As such, my day was taken up doing the paperwork, instead of actual construction.

As of now, she's not totally sold on sliding doors to cover the shelves in the kitchen, so we may end up with something, just to make sure items in those shelves will not fall out.

Then again, that isn't something that has to be finalized at the moment.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/20 08:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wahoo! Wow, what a day!

UGH.... Lol.

Was about to go out to the moho today, and I got a call from my niece. Hey, I need you to do this, this, and this.

Ratz.

That took care of the rest of my day. I thought I had it made this morning, and I did until she called.

Ah, well. what's one more day in the life, I guess.

Sorry folks.

snooper

Home

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/20 11:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you thought of a small pantry or thin pull out shelving to store can goods... I know it is a PIA to try an find a can stuffed in a drawer with other cans (soup, can vegs, etc)...

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/20 09:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

snooper wrote:

Have you thought of a small pantry or thin pull out shelving to store can goods... I know it is a PIA to try an find a can stuffed in a drawer with other cans (soup, can vegs, etc)...

We have discussed this, and it's amazing. This is one of those times when the little woman, (5' 2" and a touch over 100 lbs), is very opinionated! Absolutely NO pull out shelf with canned goods on it.

Something like this, is an absolute no-no!

[image]

For some reason, she hates them. So, our next best step is probably to just make a drawer that will fit the cans we use, and just lay them down.

Fortunately, we don't use a lot of canned goods, so a single drawer should be sufficient for those that we do use.

Then again, something like this would probably work as well. Haven't showed this to her yet, but I will and we'll see.

[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 593  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.