RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 609  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/20 09:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I must say, I was a little surprised there was some feedback on this particular subject.

Obviously, I am not the only one who has found the joys of a clean undercarriage, and clean underwear. Lol.

I thought originally, the cold water would be a deal breaker, but, it's not. After the first few experiences, it became just fine, as my body adjusted to the temperature change.

For me, the extra features of warm water and a wipe from the bidet, just doesn't bother me.

Thanks for all the feedback.

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/20 09:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

page 600! Congratulations! Is this a new record?

It's a record for this particular thread, but no where near a record for the forum.

I have my settings set up to display 20 posts per page, so I've gotten to 301 pages, with the previous post.

There is a thread that has been going on for years called "A very old stray". With my settings, that one has 1562 pages. Double that when your settings are for 10 posts per page.

With this post, we've hit 6001 posts. Wow!

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/20 09:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This was one of those weeks, that ya just want to get through, so that you can get started on a new week next week.

So,l while I didn't get anything done, some additional planning did take place.

We have been kicking this around for a little while. The plan at this point is not to use a conventional rv oven, and just add a "counter top" version of an oven.

It will be electric, and not gas. We have been using a Breville BOV845BSS model for a couple of years and really like it.

However, when we move into the motor home, we need an upgrade. There is a newer model out, model number BOV900BSS.

As with all things rv related, it's best to have devices that are multi-functional.

This is one of them.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/20 09:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are a number of reasons that this upgrade will make sense. First off, it is a touch larger. Not much, mind you, but just enough to generally get in a 9 x 13 baking pan, a 12 cup muffin tray, a 5 quart dutch oven, and up to a 14 lb turkey! (NO, not ALL at the same time)! LOL...

It is supposed to take a 1/4 sheet baking sheet.

Runs on 120 volt and 1800 watts. Weighs about 39 lbs.

That is only part of the benefits of this unit.

It also toasts bread, cooks, bakes, roasts, reheats, broils, AND functions as an air fryer. On top of that is also has a "dehydrate" feature. Temperatures ranges from about 80 to 475 or so. Maybe not exact, but close enough.

[image]

Here's a list of the menu features.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/20 09:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Trays can be used for either air frying or dehydrating, so it's kind of a one stop shop for baking and so forth.

Currently the one we have does not have the dehydrating feature or for air frying, plus the trays from this one would not fit ours anyhow.

So, that should be one of our big upgrades for the kitchen. These are currently about $400 on Amazon, although I have seen they had been on sale just before Christmas for around $300.

Looks like a win win to me.

Here's the link to one on Amazon if you want to have a look.

Breville BOV900BSS

sundancer268

Charlevoix

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/21/20 05:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All you need to do is figure a way to secure it to the counter so you don't have to remove and install every time you set up camp. My wife hates to even get the toaster out unless we are setup for a several of days. Maybe a bungee cord to fasten it to the wall while traveling.

U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

2bzy2c

California

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/20 08:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh boy! I cant wait to see the adhesive tests he will go through for gluing it to the counter top.

My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

STBRetired

I-80 and I-55

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/21/20 04:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We did that with the Ninja oven and the coffee maker. I put cup hooks into the wall and we use bungee cords to secure then for travel. Works well.

1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/20 09:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sundancer268 wrote:

All you need to do is figure a way to secure it to the counter so you don't have to remove and install every time you set up camp. My wife hates to even get the toaster out unless we are setup for a several of days. Maybe a bungee cord to fasten it to the wall while traveling.

STBRetired wrote:

We did that with the Ninja oven and the coffee maker. I put cup hooks into the wall and we use bungee cords to secure then for travel. Works well.

Ideally, and I'll have to see how the space plays out, it would be nice to mount it above the counter top, instead of on the counter top.

Mounting it possibly similar to a microwave, but not as high up, hopefully will be an option.

We use the one we have now every single day for one thing or another. Sometimes, it's just for toast in the morning, but we've used it for lot's of other things as well. Does great with pizza, fried chicken, baked potatoes, etc.

dennis1

Seattle, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/20 09:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah

My new DRW and camper on the truck the first time.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 609  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.