RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 645  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
STBRetired

I-80 and I-55

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/20 09:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In the S&B, the sink and the cooktop are opposite each other. In the MH, the sink and stove are on opposite ends of the same counter. Both configurations work just fine. I would move the sink about 6" or so closer to the wall. You don't really need the space between the sink and the wall and the added room between the sink and cooktop would be more useful.
BTW, where are you going to put the trash bin? We have found that having the trash bin directly below the prep area is very convenient. A lot less messy to just scrape the scraps into the trash than to pick them up and carry them to another location.

1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/27/20 05:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also, where is that fridge going? I remember there was a drawing awhile back but I can't remember. Seems it was going to be in the back room or somewhere to avoid a vent out the roof.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/20 08:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nohurry wrote:

Well, when I cook I like to have room next to the stove for ingredients, utensils etc. and I would think you would want room next to the sink for dish drain rack etc.

I don’t know if this applies to you and your wife, but what if you were cooking something and she was using the sink at the same time? Would you be bumping into each other with either setup?

No right or wrong answer, just what works for you two, but when in doubt, keep SWMBO happy. [emoticon]

nohurry wrote:

Just thought of this as well; how will cutting two holes, and having the weight of a sink full of water, and the stove with pans etc. affect the counter? Might have to do a little more support underneath?

Are there going to be cabinets underneath?

Generally speaking, the only thing we use the counter on the right side of the stove for is to hold our spoon/spatula holder, or when done cooking, "maybe" set the pot over there, on a "hot pad" of some type to protect the counter, but that's about it.

Usually, we'll use the counter to the left of the stove for anything else we would need to add to the pot or pan.

As far as cooking and using the sink at the same time, that would be a rarity for us. It's either cooking or washing, one at a time, not at the same time.

"Sink full of water"? Not a chance. Perhaps a gallon or two at the most. I don't think weight would be a problem but there will be some support underneath the counter top, and a couple of either doors or drawers, so there will be frame rails underneath the front of the counter, and the back is already supported by plywood on the bottom which is screwed to the wall.

We should be good on weight, but those are good questions. Thanks.

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/20 08:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

That's what I mentioned in an earlier post. That's how our RV is setup but, of course, there is a back splash behind and not cabinets or shelves. I can't imagine how your current setup would work. We also have a longer counter to work with, a narrow 2 burner gas cooktop and no counter on the other side providing better work space. On the opposite side we have a 2 seat bar setup against the wall for dining (big window with a nice view) and the fridge. Small work triangle and plenty of space for prep. You don't need a dish rack for drying. Clean as you go and then the after dinner dishes for 2 people is easy enough to wash and dry right out of the sink or set on a dish towel beside the sink.

We typically also use a dish towel for drying, since we don't have a lot of dishes at one time to wash either.

Worst case scenario for the back splash is to use one that is just temporary while the sink is in use. I plan on using the stove cover as a back splash when using the stove, which can be hinged at the back of the stove, similar to many stoves which come with a cover.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/20 08:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

Also, where is that fridge going? I remember there was a drawing awhile back but I can't remember. Seems it was going to be in the back room or somewhere to avoid a vent out the roof.

The fridge will be on the passenger side, behind the wall, along with storage, plus the oven and microwave.

When the oven or microwave is in use, I can run a fan at the back, close, or nearly close the door, and all the heat and fumes from back there just go straight outside, and not in the coach at all.

I will need to add a vent for the stove, so that would be a good reason to put the stove on the passenger side counter, towards the back.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/20 08:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

STBRetired wrote:

In the S&B, the sink and the cooktop are opposite each other. In the MH, the sink and stove are on opposite ends of the same counter. Both configurations work just fine. I would move the sink about 6" or so closer to the wall. You don't really need the space between the sink and the wall and the added room between the sink and cooktop would be more useful.
BTW, where are you going to put the trash bin? We have found that having the trash bin directly below the prep area is very convenient. A lot less messy to just scrape the scraps into the trash than to pick them up and carry them to another location.

After showing this setup to the wife, it looks like we'll go back to what I had in the beginning, which is the stove on the passenger side towards the rear.

Hadn't thought about a trash container yet. Guess we'll have to figure that one out. Good idea.

PastorCharlie

NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/20 05:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fulltimin wrote:

PastorCharlie wrote:

I would think there would be more concern with what the black walnut is treated with than the walnut itself. Some finishes will off gas and are very flammable.

I would think it would be a little tough to light up a counter top just from off gassing.

Then again, I suppose stranger things have happened. I've used a lot of Lacquer over the years, and fortunately never had a problem, and never want to.

Some of the inside will get Lacquer, but it probably won't be all at once.

Murphy's Law: "If it can, it will" [emoticon]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/20 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PastorCharlie wrote:

fulltimin wrote:

PastorCharlie wrote:

I would think there would be more concern with what the black walnut is treated with than the walnut itself. Some finishes will off gas and are very flammable.

I would think it would be a little tough to light up a counter top just from off gassing.

Then again, I suppose stranger things have happened. I've used a lot of Lacquer over the years, and fortunately never had a problem, and never want to.

Some of the inside will get Lacquer, but it probably won't be all at once.

Murphy's Law: "If it can, it will" [emoticon]

But, what if some of us like living on the "edge"? Lol.

Hopefully, I'll have an update tomorrow.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/20 09:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fulltimin wrote:

Hopefully, I'll have an update tomorrow.

Here's one, but not the one I wanted.

Since I didn't get to work on the moho today, here's something I did recently, and was kind of surprised and happy that it worked as well as it did. I cracked the screen on my phone, pretty badly.

Looked like this.

[image]

If you notice the numbers in the center are difficult to read.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/20 09:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Couple of things about this. The screen on this was cracked. The screen consists of a top layer of glass, with a digitizer beneath it, which is adhered to the glass.

If the digitizer is messed up, either sections of the screen will be seriously discolored, parts of the screen will not work when touching it, or part of it will be totally either black or white.

In that case, what I did will not work. Only the glass was cracked on mine. All the icons worked, no discoloration, or anything like that, so I was just working with the glass portion.

Enter........

[image]

This is part of a windshield repair kit that I bought at Wally World for about $11. I figured I have nothing to lose.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 645  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.