RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 704  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/21 09:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also started work on a prototype setup for the rear shelf, which will go beneath the rear window cover.

Let's assume that the window behind the plywood is a wall. My shelf is 1/2" plywood, and as you can see, I routed out a portion so that a piece of 1/8" thick plywood will sit in there and the plywood will still be flush with the wall.

[image]

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/21 09:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When the shelf is pulled into the upright position, the hinged piece of 1/8" thick plywood will automatically fall down into this position.

The only hardware needed is a hinge, as gravity will do the rest. When putting the shelf back into the down position, all I need to do is push the 1/8" plywood back up into position, and the 1/2" plywood shelf will fold down easily.

I do plan on using one of these towards each end of the shelf, so between the 2 of them, they should hold the shelf nicely, and out of the way when not in use.

[image]

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/08/21 05:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Where does all the equipment required to "put on her face" go when the table is folded down. Sounds like a lot of work to move it to and from the shelf everyday.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/21 10:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

Where does all the equipment required to "put on her face" go when the table is folded down. Sounds like a lot of work to move it to and from the shelf everyday.

That's actually a good question. Currently, almost none of her "put your face on" items are on the counter. Almost everything is in a small cabinet behind a mirror above the sink area.

Using a drawer to the left of where the shelf will be will hold her "stuff". She doesn't use much makeup, so it won't take up much space.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/21 09:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had a family day yesterday with the son, and it was great. It's always a good time when family visits.

Anywhooooooo.......

Went to the close Lowes store, 3 miles, instead of the 8 miles to the Depot, and looked for hinges.

I ended up buying a pair of these to use with the shelf at the rear of the coach. They are 1 - 1/16" and are 30 inches long. Got 2 of them.

Yes, we are decorated for Valentines day.........

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/21 09:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is what I was confronted with. The 2 with the red arrows were the same width, but different lengths.

The one at the bottom was 12" long, and the one at the top was 30" long.

Prices? $6.48 for 12", and $7.98 for the 30" one. 2.5 times longer for a mere $1.50. Whoda thunk?

Yes, they are identical, except for the length. Same width, same thickness, same finish - everything, including the same manufacturer. Go figure.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/21 10:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/21 10:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think we may have completed our list of kitchen appliances that are on our "must have" list. This is for fulltiming use.

Our first is a 3 burner cooktop, powered by propane.

We also have a convection oven which doubles as a toaster. There is a newer version of the one we have, which also serves as an oven, a toaster, a dehydrator, and an air fryer. There are about 13 different settings on the upgraded one, and I must say "I want one"!

In addition, we use a microwave frequently for reheating small amounts of food.

We also use an Instant Pot frequently.

We have a small portable blender, used daily, as well as a bread making machine that we use at least twice a week, plus at times making pizza dough, or dough for rolls, buns, or bagels, which get made in the portable electric oven.

We also use a Keurig coffee maker on a daily basis.

Our frying pan is of the non-stick variety, along with a few T304 surgical stainless steel pots for cooking things like pasta and veggies.

Along with that is my newest best friend - a vacuum food saver. I have discovered that most foods actually last muuuuuch longer in a vacuum sealed bag than food that is stored without vacuum packaging. In some cases, food that would have gone bad in 1 month have lasted 4 - 6 months! Yay!

As a result, I have created a few cardboard replicas of some of these items, so I know where and how they will fit.

Wahoo!

Larry202br

Olathe, Ks

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/21 05:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our toaster/oven just bit the dust! Which model did you choose as your favorite?

2006 Open Road 316 RLDS-5
2004 F-250 Diesel, short bed, SRW, Crew cab, 3.73 auto.

RLS7201

Beautyful Downtown Gladstone, MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/21 12:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Larry202br wrote:

Our toaster/oven just bit the dust! Which model did you choose as your favorite?

Hey Larry, stop by Quartzsite and I show you ours.

Richard

95 Bounder 32H F53
460/528 stroker
Web Master
MWPSchooners.com
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 704  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.