RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 740  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/20 09:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

You see a plan? I don't unless it's a plan with little or no light in the kitchen area! I suppose you can put a bunch of lights in the ceiling but natural light throughout the coach is very important to me (read.....ME). Apparently, that's not a concern to the OP or his wife. I will be most interested to see where the fridge, sink and cooktop will go and how the heat will be ventilated.
It's just starting to get really interesting.

Here's another one for ya Bill. Not to scale, but that's where it's going, in a general sense..... Just a stovetop.

[image]

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/20 05:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know you have a plan. I know it will be unique. I look at the kitchen and try to imagine the work triangle. Stove and sink on opposite sides and the fridge nowhere in site. Don't worry about, I still along for the ride.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

George Beggs

Homosassa, FL.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/20 03:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fulltimin wrote:

Bill.Satellite wrote:

You see a plan? I don't unless it's a plan with little or no light in the kitchen area! I suppose you can put a bunch of lights in the ceiling but natural light throughout the coach is very important to me (read.....ME). Apparently, that's not a concern to the OP or his wife. I will be most interested to see where the fridge, sink and cooktop will go and how the heat will be ventilated.

Here's another one for ya Bill. Not to scale, but that's where it's going, in a general sense..... Just a stovetop.

[image]

With the stove so close to the side wall I would worry about splatter damaging the wall.

George & Linda
2007 Bounder 35E
Ford V10

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/20 05:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As the plan evolves, the "normal" RVer will question many decisions. However, it's not your RV or mine (the DW cringes every time I show her the progress) so as long as the OP and his DW are happy, that's all that matters.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/20 09:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

George Beggs wrote:

fulltimin wrote:

Bill.Satellite wrote:

[image]

With the stove so close to the side wall I would worry about splatter damaging the wall.

It's actually not that close. With the angle of the camera, it looks like it would be only a couple of inches from the wall, but it's a lot farther away than it looks.

Here's a different view from a different angle.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/20 09:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Once we pull out the tape measure, it shows that we are nearly a foot from the wall.

[image]

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/20 09:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's a pic of the opposite side, from the stove top to the end of the counter. It shows we will have about 42" of free counter space.

[image]

Here's a better pic of the whole counter, and as you can see, there is ample room on the right side, with plenty of free counter space on the left.

[image]

The opposite counter will look very similar to this, only with the sink in place of the stove.

That means we'll have about 84 inches of free counter space combined, between both sides.

I am sure there are many people who would LOVE to have that amount of counter space in their kitchen, plus having extra with a cover over the sink and over the stove top.

The back of the stove will be closer to the shelving face, but, when the stove is in use, the cover for the stove will be between the 2.

That will prevent heat from damaging anything behind the stove.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/20 09:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why would I do that? Well, we love to cook, and sometimes we like to spread out a few of the things that we are doing, and it just makes it more convenient to have extra space.

We may even have space to keep a coffee maker on the counter when we are not moving. We'll have to see how that works out.

Either way, I think we'll be happy with the extra space.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/20 09:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

As the plan evolves, the "normal" RVer will question many decisions. However, it's not your RV or mine (the DW cringes every time I show her the progress) so as long as the OP and his DW are happy, that's all that matters.

If you keep showing your wife these pictures, she may get a couple of ideas that she likes. Or not! Lol.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/20 09:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On the bright side, I did get the black walnut glued and screwed together today, for the passenger side counter.

The only pic I have of it, is the one above with the stove on top of it. Oops.

One thing to remember, we are working with only 20' of house space here, so I need to prioritize what we need inside.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 740  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.