RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 739  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/20 08:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just about the time you think you are making some good headway, along comes a spider, and sits down beside ya!

Discovered today, that my one kitchen counter is slightly warped and not flat like it's supposed to be.

This pic makes it look much worse than it actually is. The bowed portion is actually only about 3/16" in the center, but I didn't like how it looked, so I decided to take some action to straighten it up.

[image]

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/20 08:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I made a couple of cuts in the 2 x 3 to allow for enough movement to straighten the whole length of it, and checked it with my level, not for level, but for a straight edge.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/20 08:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Added a 1/4" piece of plywood, to the front of the 2 x 3, after cutting 1/4" out of there, so the plywood fit flush with the rest of the 2 x 3.

Also added a piece of 1/2" thick plywood to the rear of the 2 x 3, and glued both of them in place, along with screws, and clamps. Left my brace in place to keep the counter level, and we'll wait until tomorrow and see how it looks after pulling the brace out.

If I need to, I can add a "leg" under that section to help support it.

[image]

That's the "quick" version tonight. I am beat and going to bed.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/20 09:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There we go. That's looking much better!

[image]

Almost totally straight. Very slight bow in the middle. Just enough, that when I put the straight edge of the level on it, there is just a hairline crack visible. I can live with that!

I may add a leg under the bottom just for good measure, but overall, I am happy with it.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/20 09:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is going to be "one of" my next projects. Maybe not the next one, but it is going to be soon.

After checking around, I am probably better off making a few of these. My son and I have a 5th wheel to work on for him and his wife, so we will need them for that as well.

That will give us a little extra breathing time to get them both done, instead of trying to rush.

The cost will probably end up being cheaper to make these, rather than to rent them, especially, if we need to use them over the course of 2 weeks. They also will fold up, so I can store them, and I'll have a use for them later this summer.

[image]

PastorCharlie

NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/20 07:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have used step ladders for that same reason but I donot like them on uneven ground as they are somewhat unstable. Be sure of your footing they have a tendency of flipping sideways. I now have a step ladder my BIL gave me that solves that tendency, it has a bar across the feet making the side to side movement more secure.

Like clamps one cannot have too many ladders.

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/20 05:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now we are about to enter the Twilight Zone of 5th wheels, scaffolding and roofing repairs.....Can't wait!

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/20 08:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PastorCharlie wrote:

I have used step ladders for that same reason but I donot like them on uneven ground as they are somewhat unstable. Be sure of your footing they have a tendency of flipping sideways. I now have a step ladder my BIL gave me that solves that tendency, it has a bar across the feet making the side to side movement more secure.

Like clamps one cannot have too many ladders.

I will probably make them about 4' wide, and use some extra support along the one side to keep them level, and from flipping sideways.
They should be pretty level around the motor home, but not so much on the one side of the 5th wheel.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/20 09:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

Now we are about to enter the Twilight Zone of 5th wheels, scaffolding and roofing repairs.....Can't wait!

Well, I do have to secure the roof on the motor home, and having been up and down the ladder waaaaayyyyy to often, while putting the TPO up there and adding grommets to secure said TPO, I decided then, I am not running up and down that ladder again while installing the roofing membrane.

Building several A-Frame scaffolds will make the job go a lot easier, and should be much safer.

The 5h wheel was just a passing note, and I'll probably not post any pictures of that work.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/20 09:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You know, as rv'ers, we deal with the gray and black water tanks and their contents, from time to time, and hopefully all goes well during the dumping of the tanks.

Should something goes "haywire" during the process, it can make for some interesting amusement, at a much later time, after the trauma has worn off, and it becomes "funny".

When I was driving the rollback hauling cars and people around, that had broken down, (yes, the car, not the person broke down), I used to tell them, "Someday, you will look back on this experience, and laugh. Today is not that day".

Such was my experience today.

After an early start this morning, my wife took her early morning shower, at the end of which, she not so calmly informed me, that she was hearing water running in the basement. She also informed me, that there is not supposed to be water running in the basement. (like I didn't know that).

Walking down a flight of steps, I discovered there was no water running in the basement. However, there HAD been water running into the basement, which was obviously, not a good thing.

Standing there looking at the mess before me, I discovered that what was on the floor, was not as I had thought, fresh water. No sir. This had the unmistakable air of being gray or black water.

As you know, gray water can smell as badly, or worse, than black water. As I am looking for "lumps", and fortunately, finding none, I discovered that the end of my wife's shower, was now on the basement floor!

Cr@p. Well, not actually cr@p. It was gray water.

Now if you think, trying to unclog a black or gray water pipe on an rv is a real bear, it turns out, that trying to find and unclog about 30 feet of 4" diameter pipe, for a house is a real "Bear".

Since I am not a professional plumber, I do not have a "wire snake", that they use, which is 50 feet long, and can stretch from the house all the way to the septic tank.

I spend part of my day using a much shorter version of the wire snake, pushing, shoving, rotating said snake, to no avail. Then I started on the opposite end and started trying to unclog things from the outside in, instead of the inside, out.

Fortunately, I finally found the obstruction, and "wire snaked" the cr@p out of it, (pun intended), and water started flowing freely again, like it should have.

So, we are back in "business", (pun intended, again), and can now flush freely, again. Life is good.

Hope your day was a little less eventful than mine was. Just for the record .... after all that excitement in 89 degree, full sunshine weather, with a real feel of 100 degrees .... NO, I never made it to the motor home to work.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 739  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.