RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 778  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/21 04:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I concur LouLawrence. And I for one look forward to reading this thread. It is the only reason I log into this site.

ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

Bruce Brown

Northern NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/21 07:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're all interested in the MH stuff, and we've been pretty liberal in off topic stuff as normally its semi-related and swings back to the original topic within a reasonable timeframe. The swings off topic are getting more frequent and going farther off topic.

If there is nothing to report on the original subject we certainly don't need a report on beans. Its OK to NOT post something every day.

This thread is coming up on its 4th anniversary, there is plenty enough to re-read if you feel the need.

There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/21 10:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My apologies to everyone. I'll do better.

Spreadsheet up date for tonight.

I have 2 updates that I haven't entered, and it's been a few weeks.

First is the string Led's that I bought on Amazon to try out. Those will be used, and I may have to get more, not sure at this point yet.

They amounted to $31.76.

Also, I had to purchase another piece of 3/4" plywood to finish the framing for the last 4 drawers that I built.

That amounted to $62.52.

That's a total of $94.28.

Our prior grand total was $11,142.10 and with this extra we are now sitting at $11,236.38.

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

mike brez

Unknown

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/21 11:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fulltimin wrote:

Hope you are having a great Holiday weekend.

Ours started off a little rough.

We made a big pot of Chili, figuring we would have leftovers for a couple of days.

We used some dried kidney beans, which we soaked overnight, rinsed, and instead of cooking them, we just put them in the Chili mix in the slow cooker.

Fast forward 8 hours, and it's time to eat.

Low and behold, the beans are not soft, but still faily "chewey".

Undeterred, we ate the Chili anyway. Eating the beans was a little like eating Brocolli, which was steamed very minimally, and still crunchy inside.

Evidently, eating not fully cooked kidney beans is not recommended for our bodies. Both of our intestinal tracts have become fully cleaned out, over a period of hours, and as such neither one of us is now full of ****, (excrement).

So, perhaps tomorrow will be off to a better start for the week.! [emoticon]

Have a great rest of the weekend, folks.

What brand crock pot do you use and how many quart?

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

mike brez

Unknown

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/21 12:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fulltimin wrote:

First is the string Led's that I bought on Amazon to try out. Those will be used, and I may have to get more, not sure at this point yet.

They amounted to $31.76.

Also, I had to purchase another piece of 3/4" plywood to finish the framing for the last 4 drawers that I built.

That amounted to $62.52.

Our prior grand total was $11,142.10 and with this extra we are now sitting at $11,236.38.

Im sure its here somewere but does this include the purchse price of the rv or just rehab.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/21 08:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mike brez wrote:

fulltimin wrote:

Hope you are having a great Holiday weekend.

Ours started off a little rough.

We made a big pot of Chili, figuring we would have leftovers for a couple of days.

We used some dried kidney beans, which we soaked overnight, rinsed, and instead of cooking them, we just put them in the Chili mix in the slow cooker.

Fast forward 8 hours, and it's time to eat.

Low and behold, the beans are not soft, but still faily "chewey".

Undeterred, we ate the Chili anyway. Eating the beans was a little like eating Brocolli, which was steamed very minimally, and still crunchy inside.

Evidently, eating not fully cooked kidney beans is not recommended for our bodies. Both of our intestinal tracts have become fully cleaned out, over a period of hours, and as such neither one of us is now full of ****, (excrement).

So, perhaps tomorrow will be off to a better start for the week.! [emoticon]

Have a great rest of the weekend, folks.

What brand crock pot do you use and how many quart?

The long answer is ... We used to have a 4 quart model, which was just a simple - Off, Low, or High model. There was no temperature control, and if we left food in too long, it would overcook and boil the liquid off.

We switched to a more modern Hamilton Beach 6 quart model - (Link to Amazon), which was a vast improvement, as it did not over cook foods.

Later on, we added an Instant Pot to our kitchen. (Amazon Link).

That is also a 6 quart model. After using it for a while, we decided this would be a better option for the motor home, because we can use one device for slow cooking and pressure cooking, as well as other functions.

Once the wife got used to it, she just loves it because of all the recipes available for it, many of which cook in a short amount of time.

The bottom drawers I built will be able to hold the Instant Pot, as well as Bread Maker and some other appliances that we don't want to leave home without.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/21 08:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mike brez wrote:

fulltimin wrote:

They amounted to $31.76.

That amounted to $62.52.

Im sure its here somewere but does this include the purchse price of the rv or just rehab.

These numbers are only for the rehab. We have owned this since 2002, and had used it for a number of shorter trips, as well a couple of extended ones.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, we were unable to use it for a number of years, so it just sat there, waiting to be used.

On a few occasions, I would just go out and sit in it for a while, and day dream, waiting for the day I could use it again.

We found that it was cheaper to buy (2002 prices) this one, rather than try to rent one for a 6 week trip to the west coast, which we eventually took in 2004.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/21 08:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Today I cut 12 of these.

9 were 3/4" thick, and 3 were 1/2" thick, by 1" x roughly 3" long.

[image]

I also went into the house, to our "junk drawer", you know, the one with all the miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else, and pick out this package.

[image]

These are from every ones favorite cheap big box store, and I applied 2 of them, 1 on each side of the above plywood.

Actually they were on the same side, but each was toward the end of the back side.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/21 08:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I then stuck them on the drawer fronts of the drawers I just built.

I applied some extra pressure, by means of a clamp to make sure they were stuck on correctly.

As you can see, the "ears" of the strips are visible on each end of the plywood.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/21 09:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Then we have something that looks like this.

[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 778  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.