RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Ideas for carrying/securing open framed generator

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Ideas for carrying/securing open framed generator

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/17 08:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4x4van wrote:

OK, the statement is 95% true. Better? How about "IF he uses it in a campground near other people, he will be pissing people off.

People who throw out bogus statistics are sometimes called out on it. Sorry, but "If the shoe fits".

Apparently you have never been to a campground at a Nascar race? His 3500 watt Champion would not even be heard by his neighbors. Ever been on BLM land out West parked a half mile from the nearest camper? It is easy to complain about a brand instead of the people who go out of their way to irritate. I have heard diesel pickups clattering and banging while their owners warm them up. I do not dislike all diesel pickups because of that. I blame inconsiderate owners of any noisy device and there is no proof that the OP or I ever acted that way.

When a relatively new company, in this case Champion, comes along with a competitive product, great customer support, and at a lower price, the old guard does everything they can to discredit them. It even happened back in horse and buggy days. It has nothing to do with the word "IF" or "100%"

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/17 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

12 VOLT ELECTRIC CHAIN SAW

Had a group of knothead quiche-eaters walk by my Jeep camp and one of them swiveled his backpack, pointed at the device and said "PLEASE DON'T RUN THAT THING!"

There was a deadfall of thousands of cords of felled firs a quarter of a mile away.

There have been social hall-monitors for as long as I have been alive. They do not think. They assume. Ask questions? Surely you jest. And their biased prejudice covers every aspect of life. They impress their opinion on everyone and Oooooooo it's energy efficient - they do not think before engaging vocal cords or fingers.

This misguided attitude has increased in the last forty years. We have legions and they are organized politically who assume other people do not and can not think - assume responsibility for their own actions. Nope. Blanketing mandates must smother the society.

That among other things is one of the reasons I would not return to California, even if someone gave me free room and board. Cannot purchase pennyroyal oil. The safest, most effective insect repellent on earth I MAY DRINK IT AND INDUCE AN ABORTION.

I go WAY out of my way to antagonize social Hall Monitors.

4x4van

California

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/17 10:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TomG2 wrote:

4x4van wrote:

OK, the statement is 95% true. Better? How about "IF he uses it in a campground near other people, he will be pissing people off.

People who throw out bogus statistics are sometimes called out on it. Sorry, but "If the shoe fits".

Apparently you have never been to a campground at a Nascar race? His 3500 watt Champion would not even be heard by his neighbors. Ever been on BLM land out West parked a half mile from the nearest camper? It is easy to complain about a brand instead of the people who go out of their way to irritate. I have heard diesel pickups clattering and banging while their owners warm them up. I do not dislike all diesel pickups because of that. I blame inconsiderate owners of any noisy device and there is no proof that the OP or I ever acted that way.

When a relatively new company, in this case Champion, comes along with a competitive product, great customer support, and at a lower price, the old guard does everything they can to discredit them. It even happened back in horse and buggy days. It has nothing to do with the word "IF" or "100%"
Wow, you just can't get past the numbers, can you. How about "mostly" rather than any specific number? Yes, I have camped infield for NASCAR and I in fact said that NASCAR would be a non-issue, or are you conveniently ignoring that? Yes, I have camped on BLM land nowhere near others, which I also said is a non-issue. You also conveniently ignored that. And once again you claim that I am complaining about a brand, when I have made it clear that is not the case; in fact not one single time have I pointed at any specific brand as being bad or good. You conveniently ignore a heckuva lot, don't you? Do you even bother to read what I post? Evidently not. If you are going to quote me, quote me in full, so that others can more easily see that you ignore most of what is written and in fact contradict it.

Running a loud generator near others when it is not appropriate is wrong. Period. You can split hairs all you want and try to make me out to be the bad guy, when THAT statement IS 100% true. But I'm sure you will come up with some way of arguing even that point, because that is obviously your only goal here. And at this point, I highly doubt your claim that you never bother anyone with your loud generator. Sorry, I don't buy that anymore. I'm pretty sure that people around you have in fact complained or been annoyed by your generator, but that's "their" problem, not yours, right? Cause they're just "Champion haters", right?

I'm done. Go have a nice day.[emoticon]

* This post was edited 07/10/17 10:16am by 4x4van *

We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R (2), '85 BW200, '07 TRX400EX, '12 Husky TE310
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II, '95 FX1

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/17 10:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The reason I snip quotations is to simplify the process. I can repeat the same old same old, over and over it that is how you get your kicks. Now, you have decided that I am a violator of the sound police led by you. Put your money where your mouth is. I will bet you any amount that you cannot find one person anywhere who has even heard my generator running. Yes, I would run it in a general park outage and I am sure my neighbors would appreciate me sharing it to keep their batteries charged and refrigerators cool.

As far as splitting hairs, I am not the one who throws out unsubstantiated accusations and statistics. In fact, I don't know why you are wasting hundreds of words agreeing with me? Irritating behavior is irritating behavior, in the campground or on these forums. I guess the difference is that I give people and machines the benefit of the doubt instead of guaranteeing something bad will happen 100% of the time.

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/17 11:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wait to you get tinnitus .... if you can get used to it's white noise then you can sleep with generators running around you.

I'll bet that if the Sound Police aren't merely wound-up-tighter-than-a-tick suburbia/city folks ... then they must be young(er) folks.

I get all the quietness I need where I live and I have tinnitus ... so noise when on vacation out camping never causes me to think about joining the Noise Police Patrol. I'm not a Joiner anyway.

[emoticon]

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

4x4van

California

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/17 01:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No, you snip quotes so that you can more easily ignore the parts that contradict your rants and pretend that they don't exist. It's easy to take a single sentence out of context and seemingly debunk it rather than address the entire, full sentiment.

Let's see...
You've accused me of saying that Champion generators are loud...that's a lie.
You've accused me of saying that Champion owners are jerks...that's a lie.
You've accused me of saying that they are trying to piss others off...that's a lie.
You've accused me of saying that running a loud generator in a NASCAR campground is wrong...that's a lie.
You've accused me of saying that running a loud generator 1/2 mile from anyone else is wrong...that's a lie.

With all of those lies, it's a pretty safe bet that that you also lie about never bothering anyone with your loud generator.

You're a troll, nothing more. Even the OP is likely tired of your rants.

* This post was edited 07/10/17 02:22pm by 4x4van *

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/17 01:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

POR FAVOR

GIVE IT A BREAK WILL YA?

This is like listening to the neighbors argue, their window is parked three feet from your window. I would like to not have this thread beheaded.

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/17 01:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me too. Name calling, as in "Liar" and "Troll" shows more about him than about me. Bye.

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/17 05:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

That among other things is one of the reasons I would not return to California, even if someone gave me free room and board. Cannot purchase pennyroyal oil. The safest, most effective insect repellent on earth I MAY DRINK IT AND INDUCE AN ABORTION.

Awww ..... come-on, David. Don't be so fast to lump us all who live in The Other California in with those who live in The Current California.

Maybe your Wartmart is different than my Wartmart, but mine can ship all kinds of good old stuff into The Other California. For example, I get the original and superb Fantastik shipped to my door up here in the woods by the gallon .... good luck trying to find it in The Current California stores.

Here's how and where to get your very own bottle of pennyroyal oil delivered via car/truck/drone to your front or back door(s):
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pennyroyal-Oil-Now-Foods-1-oz-EssOil/49551953

Now start enjoying a Bug-free and DEET-free life where you are or whenever you visit either California. [emoticon]

* This post was edited 07/10/17 06:49pm by pnichols *

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/17 07:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

These forums remind me of the truth in this quotation:

"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you."

I am learning this the hard way.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Ideas for carrying/securing open framed generator
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS