|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Opinions on Livin Lite 8.6 truck camper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
taycotrains

NJ

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/17 11:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello, we are seriously considering a 2018 Livin Lite truck camper to replace our 2011 Shadow Lite 9.5 DSB truck camper. Does anyone have any experiences with this type of unit? We are replacing ours because we have some delamination going on. We like the idea of the Aluminum frame and Azdel trim so this will not become a problem.
Thanks in advance for your responses!
Bob and Kathy Taylor

SidecarFlip

Deerfield, Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/17 11:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you take care of a wood framerdunit, it never becomes a problem. Just because it has an aluminum frame don't mean it's welded properly (Keytag had some pictures a while back of really poor welds on his that broke) and, just because it has an aluminum frame, it might have wool insulation which can become waterlogged and grow mold.

Nice looking units however.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Troutguy

Brandon Twp. MI, USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/17 12:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SidecarFlip wrote:

If you take care of a wood framerdunit, it never becomes a problem. Just because it has an aluminum frame don't mean it's welded properly (Keytag had some pictures a while back of really poor welds on his that broke) and, just because it has an aluminum frame, it might have wool insulation which can become waterlogged and grow mold.

Nice looking units however.

How does this help the OP with his question and inquiry about Livin Lite truck campers??
Why do you have trouble staying on the subject matter?

* This post was edited 08/12/17 01:15pm by Troutguy *

2001 Red Chevy 2500HD X-Cab SB D-Max/Ally 4x4
2006 Arctic Fox 811S Truck Camper & Honda EU2000

Old Days

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/17 01:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We looked at them years ago but I didn't like how high they sat in the truck bed. Before you buy look at Lance and Arctic Fox they both make really nice 8.6 Truck campers.

DieselBurps

SLC

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/17 02:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The older livin lites had an aluminum roof, when they got bought about by Thor a few years ago they switched to a TPO roof like all the other manufactures.

If I was in the market for a truck camper in 8.6 with no slides I would be seriously looking at the little guy brand, at least they are doing something different than the other manufacturers and they appear to be a step up in quality compared to the rest of the typical north american manufacturers. Not to say a Lance or Arctic fox is a bad camper, but not my personal cup of tea.

GeoBoy

Northeast

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/17 06:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Take a look at the Cirrus TC's.

taycotrains

NJ

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/17 06:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GeoBoy wrote:

We really wanted to get a Cirrus TC but the model 820 is the only thing available at this time. The 820 will not work on an 8 foot bed. The model 920 will work on an 8 foot bed but when I called the factory I found out they are not even in production yet.

NGaMountains

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/17 06:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

taycotrains wrote:

GeoBoy wrote:

We really wanted to get a Cirrus TC but the model 820 is the only thing available at this time. The 820 will not work on an 8 foot bed. The model 920 will work on an 8 foot bed but when I called the factory I found out they are not even in production yet.

Don't know who you spoke with at "the factory" but that is incorrect. I looked at Cirrus 920 serial number 00001 in person two weeks ago at D&H RV in Apex, NC. They are probably few and far between at this point but they are in production. PM me with an email if you want photos and the quote I got.

2017 Ford F-350 4WD Super Cab 6.2L Gas DRW
2014 Bigfoot 25C10.4

Scalcote

Fayetteville nc

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/17 07:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used to have a livin lite 9.6s. We traded it in tor a cirrus 820. So it will work on 8 ft bed. I made a box that fits the front of the bed for cirrus to rest against. I've traveled on dirt roads, up to West Virginia on interstate and old back roads (pre guardrail ones) and up pilot mountain. Camper stayed where I put it. While gap looks a bit odd. I've been looking for a metal headache. I made an interim wooden headache rack with side doors to make the transition a little more finished. Like the area between camper and bed for putting bulky or dirty stuff. There's a few people here that have SB camper with LB truck.

taycotrains

NJ

View Profile

Posted: 08/12/17 07:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NGaMountains wrote:

taycotrains wrote:

GeoBoy wrote:

Don't know who you spoke with at "the factory" but that is incorrect. I looked at Cirrus 920 serial number 00001 in person two weeks ago at D&H RV in Apex, NC. They are probably few and far between at this point but they are in production. PM me with an email if you want photos and the quote I got.

I would like the info ... thanks Bob

[email protected]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Opinions on Livin Lite 8.6 truck camper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS