RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 495  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/19 08:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love statistics. 50% of the plug in market segment! Of the expected 16.9 million vehicles to be delivered in the US in 2019, what percent will be Tesla? (Less than 2% might be the correct answer.)

Individuals with extensive knowledge understand the complexity of vehicle manufacturing, marketing, service, warranty, etc. and the cost to operate in this space.

Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2014 Express 3500 (Code named "BIG ED" by daughters)
previous 2011 Silverado 2500HD CC (6.0, 3.73)
prior 2001 Yukon XL (8.1L, 4.10)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS
previous - 2002 Dutchmen 31BH4DSL

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/19 10:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You won't believe how long to fix our Tesla!

I can't wait until the Semi come out and see how long the downtime is!

Oh that's right; almost forgot, it's not coming out!

In other bad news for Tesla. Totota talking about solid state battery in 2020.

Tusk that's not good news!

Prediction: Tusk will need a new money raise at the end of this year, maybe sooner. Remember Tusk said going forward we will make money! That didn't work out so good for last quarter.

Any fan boi's want to bet me on Q2? This with a fire said going on. I lowered my estimate some for 3/4 to a Billion to "only" and half a billion LOSS because of Tusk's fire sale. The bad thing for Tusk is it will pull forward sales for Q3. Remember, the Gov give away car program for rich people is going to be cut again in July= less sales again!

Come on Tusk. You need to talk about that electric motorcycle and get deposits for it!

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/19 11:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

More fake news from Turtle. Tesla has not cancelled the Semi.

https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/semi?redirect=no

At least the comment was on topic...

I see Turtle is moving his goal posts on net income... Must have caught that bug from Elon.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/19 01:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

More fake news from Turtle. Tesla has not cancelled the Semi.

https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/semi?redirect=no

At least the comment was on topic...

I see Turtle is moving his goal posts on net income... Must have caught that bug from Elon.

Time I never said Tesla cancelled the Semi. "I" said that the Semi will NEVER be made. Elon said the end of this year the Semi would roll. I said nope! Who is going to be correct Time? Lets bet! Then lying Elon moved the goal post as usual.

You see Time, when you have a fire sale on products you make near money at the expense of the far money. Tusk is losing money on every single car he fire sales. How can I tell?

Here's how. Lets bet if lying Elon is going to make money this quarter. Lets bet Time. I said he wasn't and lying Elon said he was "going forward " Let bet Time! I need money for my vacation this year. [emoticon] I will bet ANY fan boi on this site that lying Elon won't make money this quarter even with the fire sale.

Why didn't you bet me last qt Time? Oh that's right, because you would have been giving me $100 for my vacation!

BTW I'm old enough to remember when lying Elon said he won't need any more money raises over a year ago! I see another money raise by the end of the year! Funny a car company that is doing so great needs more money to keep in business! Hell, even I can run a company like that! [emoticon]

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/19 01:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well Semi will not be done today either. Want to bet?

TugCE

Leesburg, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/19 06:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting way to put out a Tesla Fire.

Not sure I would have done what they did to make sure it didn't reflash but I guess it worked!

I am a Retired U.S. Merchant Marine Chief Engineer
05 Chevy 2500 4x4 D/A with Helper Springs and Air Ride Air Bags
(06 R-Vision RW3360 Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler) - Totaled by Irma 2017
97 FLTCI converted into a Roadsmith Trike by The Trike Shop of Daytona

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/19 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Owners of the Model S will gain 130 miles in 15 minutes while the Model X will get 115 miles in the same time frame.

Tesla's Supercharger network sets it apart from other automakers building electric vehicles. The network has made it possible for owners of Tesla vehicles to drive long distances without having to navigate multiple charging systems.

Volkswagen is working on the same type of scenario with its Electrify America subsidiary. But, it has a long ways to go to match Tesla's charging network breadth. V3 Superchargers will be rolling out globally later this year.

Tesla's first V3 Supercharging stations are open to the public

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/19 06:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Latest news on the Semi (actual news)

Musk also told shareholders that they should expect an unveiling of the Tesla pickup truck towards the end of the summer of 2019, and production of its larger electric Semi truck by the end of 2020.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/11

So one full year delay (so far) Right now I am more interested in the pick-up unveiling later this year.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/19 07:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I watched some of it. He mentioned adapters to other charge networks. CCS Chademo. I would have liked to hear more on this. Time lines. Capacities etc. Would be handy for areas that have a larger Chademo and CCS coverage than Superchargers. It would give a bridge network while the Supercharger network grows. Of course those of us with CCS or Chademo cars would probably not appreciate the extra traffic.

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/19 10:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Latest news on the Semi (actual news)

Musk also told shareholders that they should expect an unveiling of the Tesla pickup truck towards the end of the summer of 2019, and production of its larger electric Semi truck by the end of 2020.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/11

So one full year delay (so far) Right now I am more interested in the pick-up unveiling later this year.

Let me get this straight. Lying Elon said last year Semi at the end of this year. Time said yes and Turtle said no, and wanted to bet anybody. Who was correct Time?

6 weeks ago lying Elon said 1 million Robo Taxies at the end of next year to raise over 2 BILLION dollars for his sham company.

Turtle said nope, not going to happen. Then today lying Elon says no 1 million Robo Taxies like he said to raise the money. Nice hu? The dude moves the goal post so much I have lost track of what he says. [emoticon]

Anybody want to bet about the pickup deal at the end of summer. Fuel went up and I need money for my vacation!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 495  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS