RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 496  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/19 07:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

Reisender wrote:

I think Tesla needs to hold on for another 12 to 18 months as a US company. Once the Shanghai factory is up and running and the European factory gets underway they can start to phase out US manufacturing.

Awesome, US tax payers fund development and start up costs to the tune of hundreds upon hundreds of millions dollars. Thank you middle class.
Yes and at least Tesla is a US company building EVs in the USA.
Same tax credit given to foreign companies importing EVs.

And the credit ends for Tesla end of this year. Get yours while you can and help support the 30,000+ middle class employees of Tesla.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/19 07:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

philh wrote:

Reisender wrote:

I think Tesla needs to hold on for another 12 to 18 months as a US company. Once the Shanghai factory is up and running and the European factory gets underway they can start to phase out US manufacturing.

Awesome, US tax payers fund development and start up costs to the tune of hundreds upon hundreds of millions dollars. Thank you middle class.

Well, they are in the US now, and are the definitive leader at every level of the EV transportation disruption. And yet they can’t be sold legally in about half of the US states. Maybe some of the billions of subsidy moneys that go to the fossil fuel industry might be better spent on helping the world leader in EV technology fight a few legal battles so they can reach more US customers. Meh, no big deal. Those who want them will still be able to import them from China, or Germany, or wherever. Lol. [emoticon]. MAGA. Too funny. LOL
If I were buying a vehicle that costs many tens of thousands of dollars, I would want an infrastructure to do any possible repairs. When you're only selling a few thousand of vehicles spread across the East and West coasts, then repair shops are not that necessary. But who does the work when there are lots and lots of these cars on the road? There are no shops, no dealerships, no parts stocked, no paint shops to fix your multi-thousand dollar car.

I can buy a Chinese made scooter for $800 and not worry about not being able to buy parts, get repairs, or have any kind of warranty work done, but I really expect better than that when I pay $50,000-$70,000 for a vehicle.

Or are these vehicles perfect with no need for repairs?

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/19 07:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

In other news lets look at Tesla growth.......or lack of!
OK now post worldwide sales.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/19 07:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Reisender wrote:

philh wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Well, they are in the US now, and are the definitive leader at every level of the EV transportation disruption. And yet they can’t be sold legally in about half of the US states. Maybe some of the billions of subsidy moneys that go to the fossil fuel industry might be better spent on helping the world leader in EV technology fight a few legal battles so they can reach more US customers. Meh, no big deal. Those who want them will still be able to import them from China, or Germany, or wherever. Lol. [emoticon]. MAGA. Too funny. LOL
If I were buying a vehicle that costs many tens of thousands of dollars, I would want an infrastructure to do any possible repairs. When you're only selling a few thousand of vehicles spread across the East and West coasts, then repair shops are not that necessary. But who does the work when there are lots and lots of these cars on the road? There are no shops, no dealerships, no parts stocked, no paint shops to fix your multi-thousand dollar car.

I can buy a Chinese made scooter for $800 and not worry about not being able to buy parts, get repairs, or have any kind of warranty work done, but I really expect better than that when I pay $50,000-$70,000 for a vehicle.

Your right. Best to buy Chinese. [emoticon] LOL [emoticon].

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/19 08:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Missouri
Kansas City-Manchester
3555 Manchester Trafficway
Kansas City, MO 64129
Service: (816) 861-0805
Roadside Assistance: (877) 798-3752

St. Louis-Chesterfield
16955 Chesterfield Airport Road
Chesterfield, MO 63005-1405
Store: (314) 872-9946

https://www.tesla.com/findus/list/services/United%20States

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/19 08:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Wait what? What happened to the " there is no demand issue in the USA?"

Why move the goal post again Time? I'm old enough to remember the 500,000 backlog. What happened to that?

You said that the M3 profit was going to pay for the Semi. Remember that Time? I do! How's that working for you?

I'll ask again Time. How much is Tesla going to make this Qt? To believe your Massiah the number better be in the black Time.

So; how much?

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/19 08:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm no expert but this does not look too clean or green to me? Another day another Tesla up in flames and another major roadway closed for hours.

Nice, 11,000 gallons of toxic water washed into the water. [emoticon]

I can't wait for the toxic Semi to get here!

[image]

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/19 08:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Missouri
Kansas City-Manchester
Kansas City, MO 64129

St. Louis-Chesterfield

Seriously? I spend $50,000 on a vehicle and I have 2, count 'em 2, service centers in the whole state. Yeah, that'll put me on the short list.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/19 09:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

time2roll wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Missouri
Kansas City-Manchester
Kansas City, MO 64129

St. Louis-Chesterfield

Seriously? I spend $50,000 on a vehicle and I have 2, count 'em 2, service centers in the whole state. Yeah, that'll put me on the short list.

But wait. How can that be. You said there were “no shops”. Now there is two...just in your state? Hmmmm. LOL. [emoticon]

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/19 09:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

time2roll wrote:

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Wait what? What happened to the " there is no demand issue in the USA?"

Why move the goal post again Time? I'm old enough to remember the 500,000 backlog. What happened to that?

You said that the M3 profit was going to pay for the Semi. Remember that Time? I do! How's that working for you?

I'll ask again Time. How much is Tesla going to make this Qt? To believe your Massiah the number better be in the black Time.

So; how much?
So you will not post the full sales number?
How about just post the sales in your town for your predictions?
No goalpost has been moved. Tesla is selling every vehicle they can build. New factory and production lines are being built. I have no prediction on the financials but I am intrested in the actual news with actual and complete numbers.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 496  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS