RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 498  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 06:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

Reisender wrote:

danrclem wrote:

8.1 Van wrote:

It looks like some flat earthers here are all bent out of shape that the days of rolling coal with GM.Ford and Dodge pickups are numbered.[emoticon]

If the majority of the vehicles are EVs then the power plants will literally be rolling the coal to keep those batteries charged.

Nope. It’s been calculated many times by many utilities all over the world. 20 percent increase in total grid load if tomorrow morning we woke up and every private vehicle magically became an EV overnight. BC hydros number is 19 percent.

“Is there enough electricity in the B.C. grid to power EVs?
January 18th, 2016

Yes, the number of EVs on the road represents less than 1% of all registered vehicles in BC. Even if all vehicles were to be replaced by EVs overnight, the demand on the grid would only increase by 19% over current base load. This is well in-line with the available capacity. Additionally, BC Hydro, in planning for future growth, is accounting for the electrical demand by EVs.”
LOL.... Heard about California lately???

Briefly on the BBC. Something about them turning off the power in certain areas because of forest fires or maybe forest fire prevention or something to that effect.

stsmark

Northern CA

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 11:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I live in one of the areas affected by the Black Outs and 2017 fires. The interesting thing was the gas lines looked like the 70’s again. Grocery stores had a run also.
A neighbor asked what I was going to do if I needed supplies? I told him drive the 5 miles to where the power is still on.
I think it’s pretty cool they sent the message to charge before the shut off.
The shut off is infinitely better than a fire, trust me on that one.

danrclem

Ky.

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 02:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Just find a grid expansion graph from the 1940s to current and today's work will seem rather inconsequential.
With all the modern technology today the extra 20% should be relatively simple.

How on earth did the transcontinental rail get built with hand tools and dynamite even while we fought the civil war. What a bunch of wussies we have today.

I should have known better than to get involved in this topic. Go ahead and hurl your personal insults. Have a good day.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/19 03:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not personal at all. Endemic in US culture. JMHO.

I did not direct my comment at anyone.

Here is a graph to keep it real:

[image]

Note growth has been normal and ordinary since 1949 to 2005 and then it just stopped. Increased by a factor of 10x. We only need 0.2 for EVs.

Surely we can start moving ahead again as needed when needed for the EV parade.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

BenK

SF BayArea

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 05:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Opinion...my point of view is that a guy who 'personally' reaped tens to hundreds millions from his sale of PayPal and personally listed as worth north of $23 BILLION says he (yes, grocery/rent/etc money) has a cash flow issue and is illiquid...

And his corporations a ditto in cash flow issues and may not be profitable says he shouldn't be running that corporation using other peoples money...

He can burn his personal money as that is his own...but...when his corporation has IPO'd and gone through several public bond issues...he is burning other peoples money...albeit fan base who are gambling on his business acumen...

philh wrote:

Irrelevant.

His ability to pay for groceries has absolutely zero to do with Tesla's financial state.

-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 07:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BenK wrote:

Opinion...my point of view is that a guy who 'personally' reaped tens to hundreds millions from his sale of PayPal and personally listed as worth north of $23 BILLION says he (yes, grocery/rent/etc money) has a cash flow issue and is illiquid...

And his corporations a ditto in cash flow issues and may not be profitable says he shouldn't be running that corporation using other peoples money...

He can burn his personal money as that is his own...but...when his corporation has IPO'd and gone through several public bond issues...he is burning other peoples money...albeit fan base who are gambling on his business acumen...

I don't disagree with anything you say, but I stand by my comment. His personal liquid position has zero to do with Tesla's current position.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/19 08:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BenK wrote:

He can burn his personal money as that is his own...but...when his corporation has IPO'd and gone through several public bond issues...he is burning other peoples money...albeit fan base who are gambling on his business acumen..
This is exactly how much of America was built... using OPM.
It is a free country. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 09:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tesla's CP4 pump.

Well lets see how Tesla handles this rookie mistake. People walk out to their 60 thousand dollar brick. I can't wait for the Semi! [emoticon]

Tesla can't even keep their toy cars running let alone a commercial semi.

We will find out in just a few day whether Tusk was correct or I was correct. Tusk says Tesla will make money this qt......I say no

Anybody want to bet me? [emoticon]

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

BenK

SF BayArea

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/19 10:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Of all the potential recall points Tusk has...this one, IMHO, is the of the highest order and most dangerous

This can happen at any moment

Worst case while a vehicle is traveling at a high speed on a curve...it bricks...

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/19 11:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not what the article says. Blank screens and fail to charge is listed extreme result.

No mention of locking up, skidding off the road, rolling over and self igniting the battery.

In fact there is no mention of even one example....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 498  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS