RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 501  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Reisender

NA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/09/2018

View Profile


Online
Posted: 11/20/19 05:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Groover wrote:

Reisender wrote:



I don’t know. The model X had the capacity to tow a 297,000 pound 737. I would think the truck would have the capacity to tow even more. I don’t know how heavy that train was that the Ford E-Truck towed but it had to be up there.


The Ford E-Truck towed 1,250,000lbs.

Ford E-truck pulls train


Wow. Yepir. So if the Ford has the capacity to pull that kinda weight (on rails mind you) then I’m sure the Tesla has the capacity to tow 300,000 pounds.

Reading on another forum many feel the tow and load ratings will be aimed more at the 3/4 ton crowd. I still think they’ll be more aimed at the half ton crowd

mich800

Pontiac, MI

Senior Member

Joined: 05/30/2004

View Profile



Posted: 11/20/19 05:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

mich800 wrote:

There is no way there will be a production semi in 2020 unless of course they simply do not test them and just send them into the wild.
Why would you expect Semi to be different from the other vehicles?


No. That is why I said that. They have not been out testing or there would be photos/videos. Just like when the other manufactures have the pre-production vehicles out in camo for at least a year driving around testing.

mich800

Pontiac, MI

Senior Member

Joined: 05/30/2004

View Profile



Posted: 11/20/19 05:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

mich800 wrote:

time2roll wrote:

Tvov wrote:

So... after two years, has Tesla actually "unveiled" anything? According to the original post, a new truck was supposed to be unveiled in October, 2017.
Semi prototype was revealed back November 16, 2017 along with the Roadster 2. Production of the Semi has been delayed a year and may come end of 2020. Roadster maybe the next year IIRC.

Tesla Semi video here: https://www.tesla.com/semi

Consumer Pickup prototype is set to be unveiled tomorrow evening.

Model Y production is expected to start in 2020.

Bankruptcy has been predicted every single year of Tesla operation but has been delayed longer than any of the vehicles.


There is no way there will be a production semi in 2020 unless of course they simply do not test them and just send them into the wild.


Well, they kinda have been testing them...for almost two years. But I tend to agree. I think we are at least a year as I don’t think they have battery manufacturing capacity for the semi and the model Y yet. I think it’ll be a challenge just supplying the model Y in the short term.


They have [emoticon] Where is this long haul testing you are speaking of for two years.

Turtle n Peeps

California

Senior Member

Joined: 06/23/2008

View Profile


Online
Posted: 11/20/19 05:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm no rocket expert but I don't think this is good! LOL [emoticon] [emoticon] [emoticon]

No worries Tusk. I had a few of my home made rockets do the same thing.

One thing to remember Tusk. Flying rockets to the moon is child's play compared to having FSD cars. Remember Tusk, you said FSD cars by the end of next month.

Better get to work dude. A lot of people bought that 6 thousand dollar option and they want it to work by the end of next month! [emoticon]


BTW, where are all of those Tesla Semi video's at? Come on fan bois. Show me one driving down the road for 100 miles uncut! Come on, put one up! I'll wait!


~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~


"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln


8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

Senior Member

Joined: 03/20/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/21/19 10:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Two Tesla semi trucks on the road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VIjFCJls30

Quote:

Tesla is testing the trucks hauling cargo between its facilities. It also is running the trucks on California’s Interstate 5, with its steep Tejon Pass, and on out-of-state jaunts.

A Tesla Semi drove from California to the Arkansas headquarters of motor carrier J.B. Hunt last year without support vehicles.

Tesla also has used the Semi to haul Model 3 sedans directly to selected Tesla car customers, the company said.

Overall, Tesla testers have been “driving trucks extensively with, so far, I think, quite amazing success,” truck program director Jerome Guillen said earlier this year

https://www.trucks.com/2019/09/05/everything-we-know-about-the-tesla-semi-truck/

[image]

https://www.motortrend.com/news/tesla-semi-truck-everything-we-know/


2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT


Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/29/2003

View Profile



Posted: 11/21/19 11:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

8.1 Van wrote:

Two Tesla semi trucks on the road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VIjFCJls30

[image]

https://www.motortrend.com/news/tesla-semi-truck-everything-we-know/


So you presented a video from 2018, and a picture from April 2019. Nothing else in the last 6 months?

There have been pictures of the Rivian, from different parts of the world. Plenty of pictures of new GM SUVs in real testing.

So Elon must have finally figured out how to camouflage the semi for testing. Maybe under a Freightliner or Peterbilt?


Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2014 Express 3500 (Code named "BIG ED" by daughters)
previous 2011 Silverado 2500HD CC (6.0, 3.73)
prior 2001 Yukon XL (8.1L, 4.10)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS
previous - 2002 Dutchmen 31BH4DSL

Reisender

NA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/09/2018

View Profile


Online
Posted: 11/21/19 11:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

8.1 Van wrote:

Two Tesla semi trucks on the road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VIjFCJls30

[image]

https://www.motortrend.com/news/tesla-semi-truck-everything-we-know/


So you presented a video from 2018, and a picture from April 2019. Nothing else in the last 6 months?

There have been pictures of the Rivian, from different parts of the world. Plenty of pictures of new GM SUVs in real testing.

So Elon must have finally figured out how to camouflage the semi for testing. Maybe under a Freightliner or Peterbilt?


Rivian is building a semi?

mich800

Pontiac, MI

Senior Member

Joined: 05/30/2004

View Profile



Posted: 11/21/19 12:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

8.1 Van wrote:

Two Tesla semi trucks on the road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VIjFCJls30

Quote:

Tesla is testing the trucks hauling cargo between its facilities. It also is running the trucks on California’s Interstate 5, with its steep Tejon Pass, and on out-of-state jaunts.

A Tesla Semi drove from California to the Arkansas headquarters of motor carrier J.B. Hunt last year without support vehicles.

Tesla also has used the Semi to haul Model 3 sedans directly to selected Tesla car customers, the company said.

Overall, Tesla testers have been “driving trucks extensively with, so far, I think, quite amazing success,” truck program director Jerome Guillen said earlier this year

https://www.trucks.com/2019/09/05/everything-we-know-about-the-tesla-semi-truck/

[image]

https://www.motortrend.com/news/tesla-semi-truck-everything-we-know/


This cannot possibly be a serious post. Seriously are you actually posting about one of the 3 pics/videos in existence of the semi. What a joke of a post.

mich800

Pontiac, MI

Senior Member

Joined: 05/30/2004

View Profile



Posted: 11/21/19 12:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

8.1 Van wrote:

Two Tesla semi trucks on the road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VIjFCJls30

[image]

https://www.motortrend.com/news/tesla-semi-truck-everything-we-know/


So you presented a video from 2018, and a picture from April 2019. Nothing else in the last 6 months?

There have been pictures of the Rivian, from different parts of the world. Plenty of pictures of new GM SUVs in real testing.

So Elon must have finally figured out how to camouflage the semi for testing. Maybe under a Freightliner or Peterbilt?


Rivian is building a semi?


The odds are worst the Tesla? Has everyone lost all objectivity in their analysis?

BenK

SF BayArea

Senior Member

Joined: 04/18/2002

View Profile



Posted: 11/21/19 12:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

snip....


The odds are worst the Tesla? Has everyone lost all objectivity in their analysis?


mich800...Rose colored fan glasses paint a different picture than what us regular folks see... [emoticon]


-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 501  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS