RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 668  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/20 03:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

RobertRyan wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

NJRVer wrote:

They will be all over the roads in 25 years.
You mean like all the electric cars there are now? Or all the flying cars that Mechanix Illustrated predicted?

Batteries and battery maintaining systems have a long way to go before its possible. Nothing says they won't make it, but there's no guarantee that they will.

Yes they are everywhere You have to excuse me as I have to feed my flying pigs
I see all three of the Tesla models every day and I don't have to pay a lot of attention to find them.

About 70,000 Model 3 are on the road now and more every day.

Very excited to see the Tesla Semi in another 18 months [emoticon]

Look at your last prediction Time! LOL How's that working out for ya? LOL
(that was on 8/17/2018.)

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/20 04:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

wilber1 wrote:

Where is this truck anyway? You don't hear much about it anymore.

Looks like some mods coming to the original prototype before production.

https://electrek.co/2020/11/02/tesla-unv........dated-cybertruck-electric-pickup-design/

I think they’ll be pretty keen on getting a few production units out before end 2021 but I wouldn’t expect ramp up till 2022. I think Rivian will beat them to production.

JMHO

The latest information is that Tesla willl advance production from end of 2021 to May 2021.

Usually, they will be seen being driven around Fremont/Bay Area by Tesla employees checking the first batches for bugs.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/20 05:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

wilber1 wrote:

https://electrek.co/2020/11/02/tesla-unv........dated-cybertruck-electric-pickup-design/

I think they’ll be pretty keen on getting a few production units out before end 2021 but I wouldn’t expect ramp up till 2022. I think Rivian will beat them to production.

JMHO

The latest information is that Tesla willl advance production from end of 2021 to May 2021.

Usually, they will be seen being driven around Fremont/Bay Area by Tesla employees checking the first batches for bugs.

Wow. That is quite a bit sooner than I would have thought. Would love to tour the Texas factory in a couple years.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/20 09:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

wilber1 wrote:

JMHO

Wow. That is quite a bit sooner than I would have thought. Would love to tour the Texas factory in a couple years.

Don't want to throw cold water in your. wish list. But Tesla is ultra secretive.

My son said so when they were reverse engineering F150 developing their EV pick up. That's why I first thought it will have the F150 looks (to my disappointment with their launch design although all of my millennial kids love it).

Tesla battery assy line is off limits.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/20 10:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

wilber1 wrote:

JMHO

Don't want to throw cold water in your. wish list. But Tesla is ultra secretive.

My son said so when they were reverse engineering F150 developing their EV pick up. That's why I first thought it will have the F150 looks (to my disappointment with their launch design although all of my millennial kids love it).

Yes but they apparently they have awesome muffins in the canteen. So either way I'm in.

Oh, and free charging for visitors soooooo.....

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/20 10:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

wilber1 wrote:

JMHO

Yes but they apparently they have awesome muffins in the canteen. So either way I'm in.

Oh, and free charging for visitors soooooo.....

And if you can punch a ticket to their lounge that serve sushi and sashimi by an an authentic Japanese (not just a facsimile, lol).

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/20 11:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yepir. [emoticon]

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/20 08:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another company places an order for the Semi.

https://electrek.co/2020/11/05/tesla-tsl........-tesla-semi-electric-trucks-biggest-yet/

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/05/20 08:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

https://electrek.co/2020/11/05/tesla-tsl........-tesla-semi-electric-trucks-biggest-yet/

What's their new timeline having missed the Oct 2020 promise?

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/20 09:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

What's their new timeline having missed the Oct 2020 promise?

Well, they kind of need a factory first. So earliest I would think is fall 2021. Then they need the new batteries which Tesla has indicated maybe not ramping until late summer 2021. It kind of looks like Panasonic may be involved again with the new batteries although not exclusively.

Hard to say.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 668  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.