RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 668  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/20 08:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BenK wrote:

Wonder how easily Tusk’s wet Lith-Ion can be converted to solid Lith-Ion battery technology ?

Then the repackaging of everything or will he able to make solid state batteries in the same form factor ?

Since solid state batteries can be recharged in fractions of the time a regular lith-ion battery that takes hours...the transition will be very quick.

Toyota's Solid-State Battery Will Crush Tesla Li-Ion Updates

Quote:

Apple or Android? Tesla or Toyota? New battery technology coming from an automotive world leader is sure to bring a massive change to the EV revolution.
Visit Torque News homepage for more stories.

Fyi
Toyota solid state batts are FICTION they dont exist and that clickbait headline wont affect Tesla stocks in any way as some Tesla haters may wish.

And the EV World leader is still Tesla with most cars built,and best batteries too
Toyota has nothing that can compete

https://electrek.co/2020/12/27/tesla-tsl........-battery-cell-produced-panasonic-report/

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/29/20 07:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

BenK wrote:

This article is what I’ve been thinking all the while...BEV’s are okay, but not there yet...hybrids make more sense

Tesla Owners Are Buying Toyota RAV4 Prime Plug-in Hybrids

Quote:

Top Reason Tesla Owners Buy a Toyota RAV4 Prime– Unlimited Range

While PHEVs only have a limited all-electric range, 42 miles in the case of the RAV4 Prime, they have unlimited mileage in the sense that they carry enough liquid fuel to go 600 miles or more before stopping for energy.

And when they do stop, they can either grab electrons if time and charging ports permit, or they can stop for a few moments on any corner and add back another 500 miles or more in energy.

The hassles and limited range associated with Tesla BEVs are a big reason many of these green vehicle owners say they opted for the RAV4 Prime. Here are their own words:

- We still have our Model 3 and prefer it on trips. But it is only fair as a tow vehicle as the range stinks, and charging is a pain when towing. And to boot, most National Parks have no electric. So when we are towing, the RAV4 Prime is a clear winner. D.H.

- The Prime would be for my wife and family long road trips. It may be a long time before EV’s are practical for long family road trips during busy holiday seasons. B.C.

- While BEVs have made great progress in the last ten years, they are still not there yet when it comes to long-distance travel or at parity with ICE vehicles when it comes to range, charging infrastructure, or just plain old convenience. BEVs are our 95% car, but when it comes to long-distance travel, nothing beats an ICE. A PHEV like the Prime is a great compromise for that part of our travel. G.L.

- Traded the Model 3 because I wanted one vehicle that could go on longer road trips without stopping every 2 hrs. C.W.

- Have had a Tesla Model S for two years now, and I love it. Not a perfect car, but it’s nice not to have to pay for gas and associated maintenance. Plus, it’s dead sexy. That said, we like having a RAV4 Prime for longer trips. J.J.

Second Reason Tesla Owners Buy a Toyota RAV4 Prime - Towing

While not a vehicle that aimed at towing, the RAV4 Prime is used by many owners for towing. It’s rated at 2,500 pounds.

Many owners use the tow hitch for other purposes, most commonly to hold a multi-bike rack. In addition to D.H. above, who lists towing as a second reason to own both a Tesla and also a RAV4 Prime, C.W added, “Backcountry camping with tow capability was an extra plus. I do 99% of in-town miles in EV. Nice to do everything with one car.”

Snip...

Meh. Personal taste I suppose. We do 800 km days just like we did with our grand cherokee. Doesn't take us any longer or shorter. I'm willing to bet a lot of it has to do with charging infrastructure in where these folks travel though. If you are stuck using a Chademo adapter at 50KW your day could get longer pretty quick. This has happened to us when we get off the beaten track in BC and there are no Superchargers. So yah, could be legit for some.

I think this will be less of an issue in three years as more V3 Superchargers get built. I would recommend anyone driving a Tesla carry a Chademo or the new CCS adapter so one can use public network Chademo or CCS fast chargers. They are slow compared to Superchargers and the adapters are kinda clunky but they are definitely handy. Having said that, the majority of main routes are well covered by Superchargers without having to use public networks. The public networks are growing fast though. In our province public Fast charger locations outnumber Superchargers 10 to 1 and still growing fast.

All JMHO

Here's a pic of our model 3 using a Chademo adapter. Max 50 KW. Ugh.

[image]

True dat!

Explosion of charging stations, which will attract traffic to commercial operations is inevitable.

Whille in Nevada, I saw ads offering free charging installations in their commercial establishments..

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/21 09:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

[image]

Tesla up in a down market !

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/21 11:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

8.1 Van wrote:

[image]

[image]

Tesla is defying the law of gravity.

Got off the gravy train and not staying long. It's too dizzying even for me.

It's the most shorted stock and the shorts must be hurting -- a lot -- and their position is no longer affecting the stock prices.

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/21 11:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

8.1 Van wrote:

[image]

[image]

Tesla is defying the law of gravity.

Got off the gravy train and not staying long. It's too dizzying even for me.

It's the most shorted stock and the shorts must be hurting -- a lot -- and their position is no longer affecting the stock prices.

I would think that if anything the shorts are helping to drive the price up. It is common knowledge that sooner or later they are going to have to buy at lot shares to cover their shorts regardless of what it costs them.

On edit, it appears that 2/3 of the shorts have thrown in the towel so maybe it is not such a big deal.

Tesla shorts decline

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/21 12:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yup, no matter what they do the stock goes up. There bubble keeps holding air. Just hope the bubble is stronger then there windows. I hope it stays up for the investers. Only time will tell.

2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/21 04:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tesla zooms past $700 billion in marke........rly hitting 500,000 deliveries in 2020

[image]

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/21 10:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/electric-car-sales-jump-to-record-54-market-share-in-norway-in-2020-but-tesla-loses-top-spot-11609857931?siteid=yhoof2
Interesting. Tesla loosing ground in norway. After some reading, it appears that tesla needs to get its factories on line. Demand is outpacing there ability to supply. If that continues and people move to electric, they will go elsewhere. The big companies have abundant infastruture to meet the demand. Tesla might do well by aquiring a compony that has the infastruture allready in place to start making vehicals. Or speed up there own factories, if not they may loose market share. Lets see how 2021 plays out.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/21 10:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sjm9911 wrote:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/electric-car-sales-jump-to-record-54-market-share-in-norway-in-2020-but-tesla-loses-top-spot-11609857931?siteid=yhoof2
Interesting. Tesla loosing ground in norway. After some reading, it appears that tesla needs to get its factories on line. Demand is outpacing there ability to supply. If that continues and people move to electric, they will go elsewhere. The big companies have abundant infastruture to meet the demand. Tesla might do well by aquiring a compony that has the infastruture allready in place to start making vehicals. Or speed up there own factories, if not they may loose market share. Lets see how 2021 plays out.

Nice problem to have when demand exceeds supply which is most often the case of Tesla cars.

Norway and the rest of Europe will. be supplied by Berlin Giga which is it's reason for being.

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/21 01:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thats true, but its not making cars yet. People are buying them now. So that will cut into future sales for tesla. If they are at there limit on manafatureing, someone else will step in to fill the void.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 668  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.