RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 668  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/21 11:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

I don't know what it will be like with a Cybertruck because of the bigger battery, but with a model 3 we don't stop to charge. We just charge while we are stopped.

You are so wise Obiwan.[emoticon]

My plans too.

Quite honestly the time it takes to get a fresh scone comes into play as well. I’m really wishing there was a Starbucks situated at every supercharger by law. But alas it’s not to be. Probably a good thing. [emoticon].

But seriously, I think your and our bigger challenge will be the parking configuration at chargers. We are only planning on pulling a little trailer, either with the model 3 or the Cybertruck. So the pull through sites at Superchargers would work although it will take up two stalls. I have seen pictures of newer installations that will lend themselves well to towing, but the length of the trailer is going to come into play. What are you planning on pulling?

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/21 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

I don't know what it will be like with a Cybertruck because of the bigger battery, but with a model 3 we don't stop to charge. We just charge while we are stopped.

My plans too.

Quite honestly the time it takes to get a fresh scone comes into play as well. I’m really wishing there was a Starbucks situated at every supercharger by law. But alas it’s not to be. Probably a good thing. [emoticon].

But seriously, I think your and our bigger challenge will be the parking configuration at chargers. We are only planning on pulling a little trailer, either with the model 3 or the Cybertruck. So the pull through sites at Superchargers would work although it will take up two stalls. I have seen pictures of newer installations that will lend themselves well to towing, but the length of the trailer is going to come into play. What are you planning on pulling?

I will be pulling a 25-foot on the Cybertruck at 5,000 pounds. I was hoping Tesla Semis will launch ahead to hasten development of. pull through re-charging stations.

Ideal and planned driving distance between campsites will be like driving from Los Angeles to San Francisco (380ish miles) with one stop for breakfast or lunch (and with ICE, gas up).

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/21 01:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

My plans too.

I will be pulling a 25-foot on the Cybertruck at 5,000 pounds. I was hoping Tesla Semis will launch ahead to hasten development of. pull through re-charging stations.

Ideal and planned driving distance between campsites will be like driving from Los Angeles to San Francisco (380ish miles) with one stop for breakfast or lunch (and with ICE, gas up).

I think those numbers will be on the edge with that weight. Depends how boxy it is. But San Francisco to LA also goes past a bunch of new Superchargers including Kettleston which I believe either has or will be getting some Cybertruck with toad friendly sites. Avoid the long weekends and you shouldn't have a problem with having to take up two sites. But the length will be iffy unless it is a parallel type site that are apparently showing up at some of the new sites. Here is a pull through. Hmmm. I am guessing this trailer is about 19 or 20 feet. You could pull forward a little but V3 cables are not real long. I would say you'll be sticking out about 4 feet but probably wouldn't be a big problem...I guess.

[image]

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/21 01:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

I think those numbers will be on the edge with that weight. Depends how boxy it is. But San Francisco to LA also goes past a bunch of new Superchargers including Kettleston which I believe either has or will be getting some Cybertruck with toad friendly sites. Avoid the long weekends and you shouldn't have a problem with having to take up two sites. But the length will be iffy unless it is a parallel type site that are apparently showing up at some of the new sites. Here is a pull through. Hmmm. I am guessing this trailer is about 19 or 20 feet. You could pull forward a little but V3 cables are not real long. I would say you'll be sticking out about 4 feet but probably wouldn't be a big problem...I guess.

[image]

If there is a lounge nearby, this will be a re-charging heaven for me.

I think you posted a photo of a service-area like lounge being operated by Tesla themselves.

I won't mind re-charging in truck stops and taking lunch at the fastfood and browsing on their stores -- as long as they are not selling signature shoes, bags, dresses, jewelries... lol

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/21 01:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

[image]

If there is a lounge nearby, this will be a re-charging heaven for me.

I think you posted a photo of a service-area like lounge being operated by Tesla themselves.

I won't mind re-charging in truck stops and taking lunch at the fastfood and browsing on their stores -- as long as they are not selling signature shoes, bags, dresses, jewelries... lol

Yah, kinda nice. But they are the exception to the rule. Generally if there is some other kind of service industry they don't do this kind of thing. The good news is the Kettleman site which I believe is about the halfway point for you on your trip has a lounge. Don't count on them though. This is the literally the only one I have been in. But then again, for us any fast food place with a bathroom and coffee is good enough for us. Maybe a scone? [emoticon]

[image]

Google Kettleman Supercharger and click on the map.

That stretch from Frisco to LA is Supercharger Alley. You'll have lots of options. And there are a tone of Chademo/CCS stations, but you'll have to buy an adapter and they are slooowwwwweeerrr.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/21 01:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Yah, kinda nice. But they are the exception to the rule. Generally if there is some other kind of service industry they don't do this kind of thing. The good news is the Kettleman site which I believe is about the halfway point for you on your trip has a lounge. Don't count on them though. This is the literally the only one I have been in. But then again, for us any fast food place with a bathroom and coffee is good enough for us. Maybe a scone? [emoticon]

[image]

That stretch from Frisco to LA is Supercharger Alley. You'll have lots of options. And there are a tone of Chademo/CCS stations, but you'll have to buy an adapter and they are slooowwwwweeerrr.

Harris Ranch was my favorite stop in between SFO and LA. Heard there is a Tesla charging station there.

But have not shuttling in between lately although my son (who used to work for Tesla) lives in the Bay Area. And so is a sister.

Wisened up. I just ask them to visit me instead, lol. Well, maybe, when I get the Cybertruck where my excuse that I have difficulties driving in the evening (macular degeneration) is no longer valid with it's FSD).

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/21 02:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

[image]

Harris Ranch was my favorite stop in between SFO and LA. Heard there is a Tesla charging station there.

But have not shuttling in between lately although my son (who used to work for Tesla) lives in the Bay Area. And so is a sister.

Wisened up. I just ask them to visit me instead, lol. Well, maybe, when I get the Cybertruck where my excuse that I have difficulties driving in the evening (macular degeneration) is no longer valid with it's FSD).

Yah, we know Harris Ranch well as we overnight there with the motorhome. Not sure about charging with a trailer there as I can't remember the layout of the sites. There is also a bunch of non tesla fast chargers there.

Cheers.

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/21 03:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Elon Musk is now the richest person in the world, passing Jeff Bezos

[image]

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/21 03:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The short squeeze is still in progress. Once the capitulation is complete with the shorties this run up could be subject to some adjustment. Hang in there Bezos [emoticon]

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/21 03:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For what to expect while towing this is a good read. I dont know if someone posted it before.
https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1122487_towing-a-camper-with-a-tesla-model-x-thank-elon-for-superchargers

2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 668  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.