RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 668  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/08/21 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

I thought this thread was about a Semi that was supposed to be out by now. And I was supposed to earn the cost of my vehicle back using it as a driverless taxi by now. It is amazing how people will allow some companies to make excuses, and others will not consider a GM vehicle because their 1978 whatever did not meet their expectations.
Big difference between consistently producing junk vs waiting for a new product.

Spot on!

And promising an expensive also run in terms of capabilities.

Or a cheap knockoff and glorified tuk tun in some country where driving junk and safety are not a concern.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/21 10:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Great article.

Here’s a clicky.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/112........la-model-x-thank-elon-for-superchargers

If it was me I would plan on a max towing range of 250 miles with the Cybertruck. And probably set a safety of no more than 200 miles. Which is about right for a break anyway.

The other thing I would do is be familiar with all the V3 Superchargers on your route and use those as much as possible. In my opinion, the difference between a V2 and V3 Supercharger stop would only be around 10 or 12 minutes. But a Cybertruck will have a battery at least twice as big if not more than a car like the model 3. Now you are adding more like 25 minutes to the difference.

JMHO.

Thanks! That's a. lot of good and useless information I can use when I finally get my Cybertruck puller.

Yeah, coming from goal oriented and precise planning corporate world, I'm still unlearning these things and can still get frustraated when plans go awry..

But I hope that I can slowly stop the mindset of accumulating miles on a day instead of stopping to smell and admire the flowers (and the sites) along the way.

I understand that Tesla are pre-loaded with trip planning data as to chargers and superchargers along the way to plan the stops. Hopefully including the dining areas or lounges as I really and seriously hate fast foods other than stomach filler if there are no other choices..

My most enjoyable "dining" experience are those mom-and-pop hole-in-the-wall kiosk selling smoked tuna jaws, crabs, oysters... along the Northern Cali, Oregon and Washington coasts which disappointing turned commercial (and bad) when we got to Seattle..

I guess one last thing. In your situation I would consider adding 400 ish bucks to buy a Chademo or CCS adapter so you would have alternate off the beat charging possibilities. The CCS adapter is aftermarket (not Tesla) and is still pricey but the price will be dropping quick. Don't get me wrong. I hate adapters. They are clunky and bulky. But for us in our neck of the woods they are an absolute necessity as we have limited Supercharger facilities in some places we travel.

Cheers

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/08/21 10:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

I guess one last thing. In your situation I would consider adding 400 ish bucks to buy a Chademo or CCS adapter so you would have alternate off the beat charging possibilities. The CCS adapter is aftermarket (not Tesla) and is still pricey but the price will be dropping quick. Don't get me wrong. I hate adapters. They are clunky and bulky. But for us in our neck of the woods they are an absolute necessity as we have limited Supercharger facilities in some places we travel.

Cheers

Dang, and I no longer have the cash having sold my Tesla stocks and reinvested it into Apple..[emoticon]

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/08/21 10:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Up again today.

New term in the stock market: Teslannaires.

And I'm not one of them. Just earned enough to pay for my Cybertruck.[emoticon][emoticon]

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/21 04:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

[image]

That is insane !

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/21 04:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Elon is pretty solid but the total must include SpaceX that is not publicly traded so this part might be hard to value. Bezos split his money with his ex-wife, is that reflected? And I thought Bill put most of his in a charitable trust... not sure I would count that as personal wealth if it must be given to others over time. I would like to how this is all calculated.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/21 09:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another investigation into Tesla that was sure to bring the house of cards falling is settled.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-veh........cles-dont-suffer-unintended-acceleration

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/21 08:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tesla Gigafactory Austin 4K Day 179 - 1/17/21

Tesla Gigafactory Texas 17 January 2021 ........ck & Model Y Factory Construction Update
[image]

Cybertruck production late this year !

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/21 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am wondering if the Texas made model Y is going to have the new battery design and if that would make it worth waiting a few more months to get vs the Fremont made one. I am not in any rush.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/21 08:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Groover wrote:

I am wondering if the Texas made model Y is going to have the new battery design and if that would make it worth waiting a few more months to get vs the Fremont made one. I am not in any rush.

I’m my opinion based on the scuttlebutt I am reading probably not. I get the impression the first vehicle to have the new 4680 batteries will be the model S plaid.

But, just a (semi educated) guess on my part.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 668  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.