RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 698  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/21 11:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There's an interesting phenomenon in high performance car arena. It really first showing up with Vipers. There was a high infant mortality rate due to single car crashes. People might have the money to buy a high performance car, but not the experience to handle it.

Bankruptcy... I've been forecasting that would have happened a few years ago. The corporate finances still suck, and the profit they are generating is coming from the sale of carbon credits. With Ford, GM, VW, and others getting really close to presenting a serious challenge to Tesla, it's going to get interesting. Selling carbon credits is going to get a lot harder, and Tesla may now have critical mass to overcome the impending serious competition. It's also interesting that Tesla manufacturing is more vertical than GM and Ford, which can help and hurt them. It helps, because they control everything. It hurts because it's difficult to continuously generate new technology. Design and employees can become stagnant.

rjstractor

Maple Valley, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/21 06:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^^^ Agreed, right now Tesla is still making most of its money from carbon credits. The Model S and Model 3 are beautiful cars but getting long in the tooth style wise. The super high performance Plaid option is completely useless and makes the car little more than a rich person's plaything. I wish Tesla would put its terrific innovative capabilities into a practical car that everyone could afford. (Sorry, the Model 3 starting at $35K doesn't fall into that category) As for the Cybertruck and Semi, well, maybe they will actually be produced, maybe not.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/17/21 07:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

No more predictions due to the impending bankwuptcy.

They moved into where's the semis and the Cybertruck when they realized that particular bus has left.

And they are about to spring the SNL gig now that the weed issue has lost its spark.

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/21 07:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

There's an interesting phenomenon in high performance car arena. It really first showing up with Vipers.
There was a high infant mortality rate due to single car crashes. People might have the money to buy a high performance car, but not the experience to handle it.

Bankruptcy... I've been forecasting that would have happened a few years ago. The corporate finances still suck, and the profit they are generating is coming from the sale of carbon credits. With Ford, GM, VW, and others getting really close to presenting a serious challenge to Tesla, it's going to get interesting. Selling carbon credits is going to get a lot harder, and Tesla may now have critical mass to overcome the impending serious competition. It's also interesting that Tesla manufacturing is more vertical than GM and Ford, which can help and hurt them. It helps, because they control everything. It hurts because it's difficult to continuously generate new technology. Design and employees can become stagnant.

High infant mortality ? / quote

Infants drive Vipers now!? LOL

GM Ford and V dub are nowhere near Tesla production numbers and never will,why, bc they would kill their ICE vehicles profits,

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/21 07:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rjstractor wrote:

^^^ Agreed, right now Tesla is still making most of its money from carbon credits. The Model S and Model 3 are beautiful cars but getting long in the tooth style wise. The super high performance Plaid option is completely useless and makes the car little more than a rich person's plaything. I wish Tesla would put its terrific innovative capabilities into a practical car that everyone could afford. (Sorry, the Model 3 starting at $35K doesn't fall into that category) As for the Cybertruck and Semi, well, maybe they will actually be produced, maybe not.

As Swiss bankers say,money has no smell,makes no diff where it comes from
Why doesnt GM sell carbon credits ? Or Frod or Chrysco

Tesla cant keep up w demand for all expensive models and you think they will lower the price!?
Or make cheaper car [emoticon] [emoticon]

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/21 05:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gosh, I was gone for a week and saw activity on this thread. I was hoping for an update on the Semi. I was hoping for my groceries to get to the store by electric truck!

Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/21 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Biden Test Drive F150 All-Electric Lighning.

Anyone else stoked about Ford's unveiling of all electric F150?

Politics aside, with Biden on the photo driving it, if his program to accelerate the adoption of EV, F150, the best selling vehicle ever, will be the one to do it. It just depends on it's competitive advantage, consumer acceptance (already a given but to include the all electric version) and how quickly they can re-tool and achieve scale.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/21 10:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Politics aside, with Biden on the photo driving it, if his program to accelerate the adoption of EV, F150, the best selling vehicle ever, will be the one to do it. It just depends on it's competitive advantage, consumer acceptance (already a given but to include the all electric version) and how quickly they can re-tool and achieve scale.

Thank god it was in a controlled environment and not on a public street.
Politics aside, I wouldn't trust him to drive a riding mower or make toast without forgetting about it and setting off the fire alarm!

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/21 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Biden Test Drive F150 All-Electric Lighning.

Yah kinda cool. I posted this in the tow vehicles forum but it was taken down. I think those sections are now only reserved for liquid fueled vehicles. Sad. Apparently there have been a lot of complaints about me posting topics involving alternative fueled tow vehicles. I’ve been put on a very short leash for posting anything. Meh. I get it. The Old timers go to senior centres do they can enjoy old movies and reruns of gun smoke. They don’t don’t want to come here and get barraged by new technology. I get it. I think this will be the only thread going forward that allows discussion of new technology vehicles that are not gas or diesel. It hidden away enough where it won’t insult the general membership. Meh. It’s all good. I suspect soon enough I’ll just get deleted from the Ether and I’ll become but a distant memory on RV.net. [emoticon].

Cheers all.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/21 12:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Thank god it was in a controlled environment and not on a public street.
Politics aside, I wouldn't trust him to drive a riding mower or make toast without forgetting about it and setting off the fire alarm!

Politics aside, must be the reason someone was only allowed to pull the lever of the horn for the semi. He must have an IQ of a gnat that's why he is not allowed to drive and just get a driver to go places.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 698  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.