RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 704  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/13/21 08:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

@Reisender - Wellcome back!

Am myself is parked at Cybertruck/Tesla forums. Comes here only with the notifications on interesting topics. Nothing changed my opinion that this forum is over moderated. One even got zapped relating my bad experience with Camping World San Bernardino and Valencia in CA. And the Ellla infamous, IM me your Elite Member number -- and then nothing happens.

So Tesla is stil not into pull-through charging stations to benefit us trailer-pullers?

Thanks for the update.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/13/21 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

wilber1 wrote:

If EV's are going to be a success, all charging stations will need to be available to all vehicles, just like gas stations.
Here is a map. Zoom in a bit to your area.

https://www.plugshare.com/

Looks like there is or will soon be an electric path to Alaska. I had no idea this was moving so fast.

Oh yeah, am putting Alaska national parks back into my bucket list.

* This post was edited 09/13/21 12:36pm by Yosemite Sam1 *

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/13/21 08:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

free radical wrote:

Groover wrote:

8.1 Van wrote:

thomasmnile wrote:

Right, that's why NHTSA has opened an investigation, and the FTC may follow suit over Tesla's marketing of driver assistance, autopilot or whatever it's supposed to be. There's obviously an issue besides the loose nut behind the wheel.

I drive a Toyota with less sophisticated features like lane keeping assistance and collision avoidance. Hasn't aimed me at another vehicle yet.

I bet you don't sit in the back seat when driving like some idiots in Teslas ?
video

Sandy Munro shares his thoughts on Tesla being investigated by NHTSA

If Tesla is guilty of anything it is under estimating the stupidity of many Americans. However, I am really looking forward to Version 10 of FSD that is supposed to be released next month.

Simple solution.
Tesla should make all buyers read vehicle manual and learn how to safely operate AP feature and sign the statement saying so,
before seling them the car.

And IQ test, pleaaaaase!

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/21 12:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

@Reisender - Wellcome back!

Am myself is parked at Cybertruck/Tesla forums. Comes here only with the notifications on interesting topics. Nothing changed my opinion that this forum is over moderated. One even got zapped relating my bad experience with Camping World San Bernardino and Valencia in CA. And the Ellla infamous, IM me your Elite Member number -- and then nothing happens.

So Tesla is stil not into pull-through charging stations to benefit us trailer-pullers?

Thanks for the update.

Howdy Yosemite. Yah I pop in once in awhile to pick People’s brains on various topics. Our trailer purchase is pushed back to the new year but still getting some info in advance.

Yah I hear you on the pull thrus. I have seen two new Superchargers in the last few months with some kind of fore thought for trailers. The one in our town could accommodate a trailer but not without taking up a couple or three stalls. But that happens at gas stations too. Not usually an issue until a long weekend. [emoticon]. Things might change when the Cybertruck is out. It will be interesting to see how Rivian charge sites are laid out.

Some of the best fast charger trailer friendly stalls are being installed by the province and BC hydro. Kind of a long parallel park affair. Few and far in between though.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/13/21 12:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

@Reisender - I'm still getting email notifications but I have to drag myself to respond.

Seems everyone and his brother are into building charging stations -- some offering commercial center free charging installations. The Alaska set up is one exciting development.

Encouraged too that Biden administration is into it in their insfrasture plans.

Pull throughs and charging cycle-access for Cybertruck is still an outstanding issue.

Is the wifey still canceling her CT order with the smaller trailer purchase? Interesting new cool models there too. Except my own DW won't ever give up her sofa feature in an RV. We may be looking at truck camper though with the CT doubt about the sofa feature unless it's classified heavy, can carry the Lance 1172 with a modification of super fat tires at the back in place of dually (interesting discussion of dually mods at the Tesla-Cybertruck forum too).

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/21 12:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

@Reisender - I'm still getting email notifications but I have to drag myself to respond.

Seems everyone and his brother are into building charging stations -- some offering commercial center free charging installations. The Alaska set up is one exciting development.

Encouraged too that Biden administration is into it in their insfrasture plans.

Pull throughs and charging cycle-access for Cybertruck is still an outstanding issue.

Is the wifey still canceling her CT order with the smaller trailer purchase?

She’s holding onto it for now. But I can’t see it working out. It means going back to a two car household and that doesn’t make sense for us. It’s also huge overkill for the size of trailer we want. For at least a few years we will be getting on and off lots of ferries and getting into smaller sites. In for or 5 years that may change again but for the time being we need small and compact.

We are covering all bases though. We now find ourselves with a model X reservation as well. But delivery wouldn’t be until next June. I still think we’ll end up with a model Y with trailer package and probably AB performance upgrade. Time will tell. At least with the reservations we have options come next spring.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/13/21 01:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

@Reisender - good luck on whatever decision you make and the road you take.

Yup, we thought of ferries doing that Alaska route and definitely, small RV will be an advantage. It is too for US West Coast national parks, lol,

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/21 01:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

@Reisender - good luck on whatever decision you make and the road you take.

Yup, we thought of ferries doing that Alaska route and definitely, small RV will be an advantage. It is too for US West Coast national parks, lol,

Yep. We have passed a bunch of those with the pusher. Next time around we are going in. [emoticon].

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/21 07:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

video

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

stsmark

Northern CA

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/21 02:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That’s interesting John, the 12 stall be me has only Tesla plugs. It’s also sat unuseable since Feb, I guess due to some supply chain issue. This is in Windsor CA. No pull throughs either.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 704  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.