RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 703  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/21 05:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stsmark wrote:

That’s interesting John, the 12 stall be me has only Tesla plugs. It’s also sat unuseable since Feb, I guess due to some supply chain issue. This is in Windsor CA. No pull throughs either.

Yah it’s new here for sure. I have heard thru the rumour mill that the infrastructure grant that the province is giving to cover permitting and siting costs hinges on the locations having facilities for all EV’s and apparently FLO and Tesla worked this combo out. Not sure what the accuracy of the scuttlebutt is though. From what I gather the grant is pretty small compared to the costs of putting in a Supercharger location but there may be more to it. Lots of infrastructure projects going on here right now including a pipeline, a dam as well as hydrogen and electric infrastructure for vehicles.

* This post was edited 09/14/21 05:29pm by Reisender *

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/14/21 07:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rivian first production truck rolls off the line today.

[image]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolog........ilding-r1t-electric-trucks-for-customers

A long wait with many delays same as Tesla. CT & Semi will be here soon.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Tvov

CT

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/21 04:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, that's interesting! I had thought Rivian faded away, I have heard nothing about it for a long time.

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/21 10:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow- - Where is the Tesla Semi? Where is their pickup?

I think 100 pages back I put my money on Rivian as the first.

I think the GMC Hummer EV pickup will be the second. I think I indicated that GM would have them out in 2021 like they announced. I keep seeing them on the road!

Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/21 11:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The hummer looks sweet in pictures. It should go well in the upscale hummer market. Good specs too. I haven’t seen one in the wild yet but we are off the beaten track a bit for test vehicles do I wouldn’t expect to. There were reportedly a couple of Rivian test vehicles thru here during the summer but I think they have a pretty big fleet of test vehicles.

I’m think Tesla will be 4th after the Ford lightening but before the E Silverado and E Dodge Ram....but I wouldn’t put any money on it.

There are a ton of contractors here waiting with reservations for the Ford Lightening and the Cybertruck.

Rumour has it Rivian will be putting one of their charge plazas in a city about an hour from us. (Just a rumour as it’s not on Rivians map...yet).

On edit. Holy carp. I just took a look at their map. Looks like it is on their but it about 45 minutes in the other direction in Salmon Arm on the trans Canada highway. Looks like they are taking a page from Tesla and Petrocans book and they are going after the trans Canada highway first.

* This post was edited 09/15/21 11:23am by Reisender *

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/15/21 11:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

"Tesla CEO Elon Musk said Cybertruck production won't begin until late 2022, with volume production not until late 2023."

https://www.investors.com/news/rivian-ev-startup-beats-tesla

By that statement I could see another two years minimum. Semi could be three years out. Disappointing.

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/21 11:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

A video that leaked from Tesla Gigafactory Texas in Austin shows a ton of large mega casting parts ahead of the expected start of Model Y production at the new factory.

Tesla is currently in the process of starting production at two brand new factories, Gigafactory Berlin and Gigafactory Texas, almost simultaneously.

The timeline to production is unclear.

Officially, Tesla says it plans to start Modle Y production at each facility by the end of the year.

For Gigafactory Berlin, CEO Elon Musk said that Tesla is aiming for production to start in October.

As for Gigafactory Texas, the timeline is not as clear, but production is expected to start relatively soon

video

A Tesla Model Y at my local ShopRite.
[image]

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/21 01:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

"Tesla CEO Elon Musk said Cybertruck production won't begin until late 2022, with volume production not until late 2023."

https://www.investors.com/news/rivian-ev-startup-beats-tesla

By that statement I could see another two years minimum. Semi could be three years out. Disappointing.

One thing to remember is that right now Tesla has all of their production lines running full speed but still can't keep up, even after raising the price on the Model Y by $5k in the past 6 months. Most competitors have lines and employees sitting around doing nothing. It is a lot easier to justify changing over production facilities that are idle than those that are bringing in millions of dollars every day.

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/21 05:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tesla Model X takes the four crew member to the launch site for an 8:02PM ET lift off.
[image]

Elon with the crew members.
[image]

live video

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/21 05:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Groover wrote:

One thing to remember is that right now Tesla has all of their production lines running full speed but still can't keep up, even after raising the price on the Model Y by $5k in the past 6 months. Most competitors have lines and employees sitting around doing nothing. It is a lot easier to justify changing over production facilities that are idle than those that are bringing in millions of dollars every day.

I think you need to realize that GM is producing more vehicles a day than Tesla. You might also notice that GM has had better financial results than Tesla for many consecutive quarters. GM is also more transparent, providing delivery details for US while Tesla only gives one consolidated number.

The point is, that two years ago, many of you did not believe that GM or Rivian could build an electric truck. Make all the excuses you can, or heap all the praise you can for Tesla.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 703  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.