RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 703  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/21 05:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tesla market cap is 10x that of GM.
[image]

[image]

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/21 05:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

irrational exuberance is a strong emotion.

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/21 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

Groover wrote:

One thing to remember is that right now Tesla has all of their production lines running full speed but still can't keep up, even after raising the price on the Model Y by $5k in the past 6 months. Most competitors have lines and employees sitting around doing nothing. It is a lot easier to justify changing over production facilities that are idle than those that are bringing in millions of dollars every day.

I think you need to realize that GM is producing more vehicles a day than Tesla. You might also notice that GM has had better financial results than Tesla for many consecutive quarters. GM is also more transparent, providing delivery details for US while Tesla only gives one consolidated number.

The point is, that two years ago, many of you did not believe that GM or Rivian could build an electric truck. Make all the excuses you can, or heap all the praise you can for Tesla.

As much as I like my Silverado,
GM Bolts catching fire all over without even crashing dont inspire confidence in their products.

Notice by GM,,park your Bolts at least fifty feet away from other cars! Would be funny if it wasnt so sad.

Btw Tesla is largest EV manufacturer in the World now.

When GM makes as many Evs then you can brag,hatin on Tesla makes you look silly.
FYI It takes bit of a time to build two Gigafactories.
GM isnt even trying to get in the game.

And judgin by price of Tesla stock it beats GM and pretty much every other auto co hands down as an investment.

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/21 05:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

free radical wrote:

GM Bolts catching fire all over without even crashing dont inspire confidence in their products.

Notice by GM,,park your Bolts at least fifty feet away from other cars! Would be funny if it wasnt so sad.

When GM makes as many Evs then you can brag,hatin on Tesla makes you look silly.

And judgin by price of Tesla stock it beats GM and pretty much every other auto co hands down as an investment.

I do not hate Tesla, or Ford, or Ram or Kia any auto company. I try to provide accurate data, and present additional facts to those that are pushing their agenda.

The stock market is a place to wager. I am saying that GM, Ford, and Stellantis each had more quarterly revenue than Tesla.

Please provide a notice to park 50 ft away. This is just your attempt to provide negative statements.

There may have been as many Tesla's running into stationary emergency vehicles as Bolts caught fire.

To be clear, GM says:
At Chevrolet it is our mission to keep you, our customer, at the center of everything we do. To that end, we are writing you today to hear from Chevrolet directly about your vehicle. General Motors is voluntarily expanding the current Chevrolet Bolt EV recall to cover the remaining 2019 and all 2020-2022 model year vehicles, including the Bolt EUV. In rare circumstances, LG batteries supplied to GM for these vehicles may have manufacturing defects which increase the risk of fire. Out of an abundance of caution, GM will replace defective lithium ion battery modules in Chevrolet Bolt EVs and EUVs with new modules as parts become available. To provide you with peace of mind, your battery will receive an 8-year/100,000-mile limited parts warranty.1
We are working aggressively with LG to increase production as soon as possible. We will notify you when replacement parts are ready. For your safety we are asking for you to immediately do the following:
1. Set your vehicle to a 90% state of charge limitation using Target Charge Level mode. Instructions on how to do this are available at www.chevy.com/boltevrecall. If you are unable to successfully make these changes, or do not feel comfortable making these changes, GM is asking you to visit your dealer to have these adjustments completed.
2. Charge your vehicle more frequently and avoid depleting your battery below approximately 70 miles (113 kilometers) of remaining range, where possible.
3. Park your vehicle outside immediately after charging and do not leave your vehicle charging indoors overnight.

Besides, this thread was about a semi. And a company that took millions of dollars of deposits from other company's with a promise to deliver. There has been no delivery.

Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/21 08:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GM will get this bolt battery issue sorted out and be stronger for it. And one has to remember, the car is solid as a rock and has the history to prove it. It’s the battery that they buy from LG that is the problem. Right now they are dependant on other companies for key EV components. I think that will lessen as they spin up their own in house components. I think the bolts reputation is probably irreparably repaired but that’s just a model name. They may drop it and come out with a new slightly changed version. Who knows.

Our buddy at the Chevy dealership called us in two days before the stop sale order for a look see at the Bolt EUV. It’s a nice little buggy. I have had nothing but bad luck with GM products all my life, but I like this little car. It is no where near the performance and driving experience of our Tesla but it doesn’t try to be either. When the hatch is open and the seats are down it’s huge and the space is much more useable than our Tesla model 3. Really the only thing that bugs me about it is the crazy low fast charge rate. But as long as one is not using it for long road trips who cares. It’s probably not ideal for a one vehicle household like ours where we have to do road trips, but again not everybody needs that.

Anyway, I wouldn’t count the bolt out yet.

Jmho.

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/21 08:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

free radical wrote:

I do not hate Tesla, or Ford, or Ram or Kia any auto company. I try to provide accurate data, and present additional facts to those that are pushing their agenda.

The stock market is a place to wager. I am saying that GM, Ford, and Stellantis each had more quarterly revenue than Tesla.

Please provide a notice to park 50 ft away. This is just your attempt to provide negative statements.

There may have been as many Tesla's running into stationary emergency vehicles as Bolts caught fire.

To be clear, GM says:
At Chevrolet it is our mission to keep you, our customer, at the center of everything we do. To that end, we are writing you today to hear from Chevrolet directly about your vehicle. General Motors is voluntarily expanding the current Chevrolet Bolt EV recall to cover the remaining 2019 and all 2020-2022 model year vehicles, including the Bolt EUV. In rare circumstances, LG batteries supplied to GM for these vehicles may have manufacturing defects which increase the risk of fire. Out of an abundance of caution, GM will replace defective lithium ion battery modules in Chevrolet Bolt EVs and EUVs with new modules as parts become available. To provide you with peace of mind, your battery will receive an 8-year/100,000-mile limited parts warranty.1
We are working aggressively with LG to increase production as soon as possible. We will notify you when replacement parts are ready. For your safety we are asking for you to immediately do the following:
1. Set your vehicle to a 90% state of charge limitation using Target Charge Level mode. Instructions on how to do this are available at www.chevy.com/boltevrecall. If you are unable to successfully make these changes, or do not feel comfortable making these changes, GM is asking you to visit your dealer to have these adjustments completed.
2. Charge your vehicle more frequently and avoid depleting your battery below approximately 70 miles (113 kilometers) of remaining range, where possible.
3. Park your vehicle outside immediately after charging and do not leave your vehicle charging indoors overnight.

Besides, this thread was about a semi. And a company that took millions of dollars of deposits from other company's with a promise to deliver. There has been no delivery.

If you dont want to wait for semi ask for your money back,simple.

How many times do we need to repeat that giga factory takes lots o time to build!?

From autonews com
https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/g........bolt-owners-park-50-feet-away-other-cars

All Tesla acidents were proven to be drivers fault,drunks falen asleep or not paying attention.
Tesla manual clearly says to keep hands on wheel at all times and be ready to take control

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/21 09:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

free radical wrote:

All Tesla acidents were proven to be drivers fault,drunks falen asleep or not paying attention.
Tesla manual clearly says to keep hands on wheel at all times and be ready to take control

Yah, and if I recall your supposed to disengage around construction, bicycles on the side of the road, other roads hazards (you know, like Emergency vehicles Etc). It’s really not that hard to use properly. People just like to use it like a level 4 system. It’s a level 2 system. Works well though. Adds an extra level of safety for us. We like it. To each his own.

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/21 07:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Tesla's FSD Beta 10 Pedestrian and Cyclist Interactions!

[image]

video

[image]

* This post was edited 09/17/21 08:02am by 8.1 Van *

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/21 05:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting video on Autopilot. This lady got off lucky.

https://abc7.com/tesla-autopilot-passed-........ut-driver-glendale-los-angeles/11028280/

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/18/21 05:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Autopilot does not make all the mistakes....

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/woman-d........-after-car-plunges-off-parking-structure

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 703  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.