RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 797  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/22 05:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BenK wrote:

Best would be a battery change out as the refueling method and a solar farm of several acres dedicated to that refueling station..and/or...supplemented with windgenerators

Ben, it get's worse. I live next to the biggest Geothermal plant in the world. I have a few friends and family that work there.

One of my friends that work there told me that there is a 90% prediction that Kalifornia will run out of power this year and we will have blackouts. Nice hu?

Want to get wide eyed? Just do some calc's on the amount of land it will take to do solar refueling for 10 Semi's. [emoticon][emoticon][emoticon]

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

BenK

SF BayArea

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/22 06:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That guesstimate was based on current batteries Tusk uses...even his new 4680's

Solid state, saline, diamond nuclear, etc will change all that. Some more than others

Diamond nuclear batteries lasts forever and doesn't require charging...but it would take tens to hundreds of thousands or millions per vehicle. Still embryonic at this time

Over 50 years ago, while in college working part time we designed MG-sets for Gyeserville. Early generators from steam

But everything dessolved from hydrochloric acid mixed in with the steam. Tough environment that the epoxy paint on everything couldn't handle

-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

stsmark

Northern CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/22 11:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anybody else read the article where Tesla asked the Feds for a piece of the Infrastructure money for chargers? They want it specifically for building the network for Semis. Anybody remember at the unveil how Elon (fat Jesus) said they will build the network and provide power at like .03 a kw?

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/22 12:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stsmark wrote:

Anybody else read the article where Tesla asked the Feds for a piece of the Infrastructure money for chargers? They want it specifically for building the network for Semis. Anybody remember at the unveil how Elon (fat Jesus) said they will build the network and provide power at like .03 a kw?

I believe they will have a piece of it. But maybe with a condition that they'll make the charging stations accessible to the public, not just Tesla owners.

But I would prefer that somebody call Elon's claim that he can provide solar energy to the whole country if someone will provide him a 100x100 miller of land to put up the solar panels.

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/22 06:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Elon Musk says the Cybertruck will be Tesla’s ‘best product ever’

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/22 06:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Still a clunky looking, ugly thing.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/22 09:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Still waiting with not definite production date and Elon is running out of next year.

Or Musk is simply busy yapping and starting a fight with somebody who also have several zeros on the wallets.

Now he is becoming paranoid claiming the CIA is watching him. His appointment to his shrink must be overdue for Aspergers syndrome manifested by his extreme narcissism and now paranoid delusions (previously just delusions of grandeur).[emoticon]

I'm just hoping he first manufacture and release my Cybertrucck before he gets institutionalized .[emoticon]

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.. My all millennial kids love it. The boomers in the family said it's ugly. The looks is growing on me specially if I can add the 50 cal machine gun on top when I go to Texas.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/22 01:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Still a clunky looking, ugly thing.

It’s starting to grow on me…..

Nope, never, not a chance in _____, just kidding!

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/22 01:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks 8.1Troll!

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/22 01:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone ever consider how, if the cyberfluck is actually put into production and maintains its bare stainless steel skin, not only how fry an egg on the hood hot it will be driving around a 18’ long mirror, but more so how bad it will look after the normal day to day dings, scratches and swirl marks start happening?
Or are they clear coated? And how does that bond to a mirror finish?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 797  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.