RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 797  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
BenK

SF BayArea

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/22 01:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At least Tusk has learned his lesson on soft-tooling vs hard-tooling from Model 3 fiasco

-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/22 01:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

free radical wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

I want someone who wants to play Hullk to show us how he can cast a 3mm stainless steel panel nearly 20 feet long with a brake and shear.[emoticon]

Or, he can use several brakes and, surely, he only needs one shear -- and he can take as long as he wants to cut it into shape of the Cybertruck or Pinewood Derby Car if he wants to simplify it.[emoticon]

Youre dealing w Ludites here.
Dont expect inteligent answers.
Only FUD

Awww not you too…
First Yosemite, then 8.1, now you?

Man at least Reisender owns a Tesla. Heck he even tows his camper with it. And is knowledgeable and contributory in a positive sense. (Actually he’s a pioneer of sorts in the EV/RV game, while you clowns just manifest as wanna be’s)

Lessons learned, somebody might call you out on your bs.[emoticon]

And like @free radical, give you a personality profile from the pattern of your previous and present posts.[emoticon]

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/22 02:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anybody know when the Semi is coming out? [emoticon] [emoticon] [emoticon]

I was told 2019, I said nope.

Then I was told 2020, I said nope.

Then I was told 2021, I said nope.

Then I was told 2022 for sure, and we are now talking about presses for a weird looking pickup and racing cars and stocks......nothing on the Semi? We are not moving the goal post any more, we are now moving the whole GD football field! [emoticon]

Anybody remember the 700 mile Semi on one charge Semi? Anybody? The Semi? Anybody?

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

BenK

SF BayArea

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/22 02:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Am assuming Tusk also learned from that same Model 3 fiasco that True Dimensional Tolerancing played huge in that robot not being able to bolt the body to the skateboard pan

One part from a 'well maintained' stamping vs crafted & assembled from many parts has tighter tolerances

My guys quit during that fiasco (couldn't take Tusk's micromanagement and always claiming he was right and my guys wrong) and are now working down the road in Newark...my previous company's automated factory and is now Lucid's HQ

Grit dog wrote:

snip...

How ironic. Not that this is not new technology....most all vehicle panels and uni bodies are stamped. Along with 100s of other parts in ANY vehicle.
But moreso, just hilarious that a vehicle that looks like the product of a high school sheet metal class or a very nice rendering of a Pinewood Derby Car, that the body panels could literally be made with a brake and a shear, is garnering the fascination of ole Elon8.1!

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/22 03:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BenK wrote:

Am assuming Tusk also learned from that same Model 3 fiasco that True Dimensional Tolerancing played huge in that robot not being able to bolt the body to the skateboard pan

One part from a 'well maintained' stamping vs crafted & assembled from many parts has tighter tolerances

My guys quit during that fiasco (couldn't take Tusk's micromanagement and always claiming he was right and my guys wrong) and are now working down the road in Newark...my previous company's automated factory and is now Lucid's HQ

Grit dog wrote:

snip...

How ironic. Not that this is not new technology....most all vehicle panels and uni bodies are stamped. Along with 100s of other parts in ANY vehicle.
But moreso, just hilarious that a vehicle that looks like the product of a high school sheet metal class or a very nice rendering of a Pinewood Derby Car, that the body panels could literally be made with a brake and a shear, is garnering the fascination of ole Elon8.1!

Ben he hasn't figured out the weight of .118 stainless. I'm thinking no one on his team has told him there was a reason for making the uber expensive model S out of aluminum.

I wonder how far they are going to kick that can down the road?

BenK

SF BayArea

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/22 05:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tusk is off chasing other bright, shining situations to continue micro managing the Cyber-copy...nor the semi

Turtle...all of my guys said most are fearful of being fired on the spot, so everyone ducked and never told him the truth...except my guys...who all quit in time

10 gauge is on the line between sheetmetal and plate...wonder how big those brakes are to stop within NHTSA braking minimums...

Did notice the reduction of the Cyber-copy wiper arm...but, now looking like the swept area might not clear vision for a tall driver...

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/22 05:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BenK wrote:

Must have brought the Teslaitis to Lucid with barely 100 cars produced each month.
Why so slow if all these experts are so good?

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/22 08:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BenK wrote:

Tusk is off chasing other bright, shining situations to continue micro managing the Cyber-copy...nor the semi

Turtle...all of my guys said most are fearful of being fired on the spot, so everyone ducked and never told him the truth...except my guys...who all quit in time

10 gauge is on the line between sheetmetal and plate...wonder how big those brakes are to stop within NHTSA braking minimums...

Did notice the reduction of the Cyber-copy wiper arm...but, now looking like the swept area might not clear vision for a tall driver...

Ben, he has other problems too. Someone needs to tell Tusk about California Penal code:26706 section (b) Every new motor vehicle first registered after December 31,
1949, except motorcycles, shall be equipped with two such windshield
wipers, one mounted on the right half and one on the left half of the
windshield,
except that any motor vehicle may be equipped with a
single wiper so long as it meets the wiped area requirements in
Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards Governing Windshield Wiping
and Washing Systems.

Now can Tusk meet the wiped area that FMVSSG set forth? "I" doubt it. At least not the that goofy wedge truck now. IOW's Ben, I think your are correct about the wiping area.

Brakes you can fix by bigger brakes. Range you can't with a behemoth turd made out of boiler plate for body skins.

I still wonder about that 700 mile Semi? There is a lot of fan boi's on this site. When is the 700 mile Semi coming out?

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/22 09:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TP, already well known that wiper is not the production configuration. Try to keep up.

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/22 10:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

TP, already well known that wiper is not the production configuration. Try to keep up.

You people and Tusk keep on moving the goal so much I can't keep up. BTW why do people post pictures of something that is not real or up to date anyway? If this is not the production and a fake pickup, why post it? Remember the fake picture of the Semi on the assembly line a few months back? [emoticon]

You told me there were going to be Semi's on the road in 2019. You sure moved that goal didn't you! When now? 2023? 2024? More?

I can't wait for the excuses to start why we still don't have an over the road electric Semi in 2025.

Sounds like the dealership telling me excuses why they won't have a battery for my electric car until 6 months!! SMH.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 797  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.