RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 797  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/22 08:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog,

Really--you have now resorted to insults?

The latest Li Polymer battery can be recharged in just 5 minutes. It is not yet commercially available.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/22 05:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

...The latest Li Polymer battery can be recharged in just 5 minutes. It is not yet commercially available.

Just like an advertised Semi and truck.

Hopefully they will not have manufacturing issues like some four six eight zero battery for some model y that will be produced in "high" volume.

Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/22 09:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

Grit dog,

Really--you have now resorted to insults?

The latest Li Polymer battery can be recharged in just 5 minutes. It is not yet commercially available.

My apologies. However the math comment stands. If you could power a (insert any vehicle you want from a Leaf to a Semi) by effective solar recharging, there would be solar panels on top of EVs. Doo the math.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/22 10:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"The latest Li Polymer battery can be recharged in just 5 minutes. It is not yet commercially available."

And perhaps may never be commercially viable. Proof of concept doesn't necessarily morph into actually usable.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/22 10:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

And the sad part, these same leaders even got the nerve to lie to their constituents that it's the turbines and renewables that failed when the windmills (it's turbines, idiot) are still going whoop, whoom, whoom, causing cancer, in nearby states.[emoticon][emoticon][emoticon]

You would be better served to pick a side here, as to not make your posts look even more ridiculous than they typically are....
With your mindset that you've clearly displayed, you now beleive windmills casue cancer, aka, are a "bad" renewable energy source?

You would have sounded at least a bit less touched had you blamed the windmills for killing bald eagles or something even remotely possible...

Wow, seriously, you did not see that it's a parody of the anti-renewables, now anti-EV messiah who don't know the difference between windmills and turbines and so ignorant to say that those whoom, whoom, whoom... (he doesn't know the word for going in circles and just draw from his kindergarten level knowledge and did it in gestures and sound).

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/22 10:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

pianotuna wrote:

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

More and more people are doing the math and showing the figures. Refreshing, because I showed the math about the Semi and why it would never work for an OTR semi.

This guy shows the math of an electric SUV. Listen to the figures he shows and what it takes to make even an electric SUV let alone a Semi.

I guess the author has never heard of solar panels.

And those solar panels are actually supplying the grid in times of low usage and surplus.

But heck, California is facing an apocalypse and the whole world doesn't know and keeps on using it as a benchmark for greening, pollution abatement and energy independence.

Surprising how mathematically challenged not only tuna, but someone who is in the top 2% of the IQ scale can be...

Tell us then sage of mathematics how there can be different math for CA when they are already doing it, it's already happening and actually targeting for higher contributions from rooftop solar panels.

Study: California could get 74% of power from rooftop solar

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/22 11:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

time2roll wrote:

Compared to TX, I believe the CA administration of the grid has gone quite well. I expect this superior management to continue as we transition away from burning fuel to have electricity. EVs will be the easy part as charging is flexible.

CA is ready for the SEMI.

Not even close, 200 Texans died of deep freeze with massive black out because their leaders can't make the electric companies harden their grids and plants with winterization.[emoticon]

And the sad part, these same leaders even got the nerve to lie to their constituents that it's the turbines and renewables that failed when the windmills (it's turbines, idiot) are still going whoop, whoom, whoom, causing cancer, in nearby states.[emoticon][emoticon][emoticon]

Half of Texas homes are electric heat and 75% of those are resistance heat....literally the most inefficient, electricity sucking way to produce heat, so ya, there probably was a run on power during those days, lol.
But, yeah, so 200+ people died in 100 year low temps that also lasted far longer than other record or near record events combined with near record snowfalls.

200 people die every summer from heat illness too. And aside from the indigent, the majority of the deaths were likely people who were almost too weak to survive anyway...kinda like how Covid deaths got pumped up but the reality was 90+% of the deaths were people whom the NEXT thing to get them would kill them whether it be the flu or a broken hip or a stroke...

Coincidentally, I was in Dallas during that deep freeze. It was very annoying. Coming from the north, I never considered it dangerous. Heck we only had 1 hockey game cancelled out of 5 or 6 and that was after the weather stated to break...but the refs couldn't get to the rink. The most dangerous part was I had a rental car that kept locking up a front wheel so I drove around for 3 days, more often than not with one wheel acting like a ski....thank god for all the snow, or it would have been dead in the water!

Sensationalizing that event as a comparison to about anything is complete jackassery, but I would like to here your views of how you think the Cali grid would do, if it was below zero for several days from San Diego all the way up to Sacramento?
I mean, I'm sure it would be fine by your logic...people could just sit in their Teslas with the heat on watching Tik tok videos on the big screen...

Wow, wow, wow.

Is this for real? You are actually comparing your cancelled hockey game with the same grim seriousness 200 preventable deaths if only their leaders bear down really hard on the former recommendations to harden the grid and the generating plants thru winterization.

That's not sensationalizing dude, 200 people dead are 200 people dead, wives without their husbands, husbands losing their wives and kids no longer celebrating their birthdays.

Death from illness is totally different from death from negligence of which people should be held accountable.

What's wrong with you?

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/22 11:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

but I would like to here your views of how you think the Cali grid would do, if it was below zero for several days from San Diego all the way up to Sacramento?
No issues as CA power has NG storage vs direct well to the furnace. Also CA can import from the NW grid connections.

CA is ready for the clean air SEMI to roll.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/22 01:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

but I would like to here your views of how you think the Cali grid would do, if it was below zero for several days from San Diego all the way up to Sacramento?
No issues as CA power has NG storage vs direct well to the furnace. Also CA can import from the NW grid connections.

CA is ready for the clean air SEMI to roll.

Lol, you really have this all figured out...
Side question, why don't they doo this in the summer then? Sounds so easy and would surely be less of an inconvenience to all the good people of the great state of Callie.

PButler96

Midwest

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/22 04:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

time2roll wrote:

Compared to TX, I believe the CA administration of the grid has gone quite well. I expect this superior management to continue as we transition away from burning fuel to have electricity. EVs will be the easy part as charging is flexible.

CA is ready for the SEMI.

Not even close, 200 Texans died of deep freeze with massive black out because their leaders can't make the electric companies harden their grids and plants with winterization.[emoticon]

Half of Texas homes are electric heat and 75% of those are resistance heat....literally the most inefficient, electricity sucking way to produce heat, so ya, there probably was a run on power during those days, lol.
But, yeah, so 200+ people died in 100 year low temps that also lasted far longer than other record or near record events combined with near record snowfalls.

200 people die every summer from heat illness too. And aside from the indigent, the majority of the deaths were likely people who were almost too weak to survive anyway...kinda like how Covid deaths got pumped up but the reality was 90+% of the deaths were people whom the NEXT thing to get them would kill them whether it be the flu or a broken hip or a stroke...

Coincidentally, I was in Dallas during that deep freeze. It was very annoying. Coming from the north, I never considered it dangerous. Heck we only had 1 hockey game cancelled out of 5 or 6 and that was after the weather stated to break...but the refs couldn't get to the rink. The most dangerous part was I had a rental car that kept locking up a front wheel so I drove around for 3 days, more often than not with one wheel acting like a ski....thank god for all the snow, or it would have been dead in the water!

Sensationalizing that event as a comparison to about anything is complete jackassery, but I would like to here your views of how you think the Cali grid would do, if it was below zero for several days from San Diego all the way up to Sacramento?
I mean, I'm sure it would be fine by your logic...people could just sit in their Teslas with the heat on watching Tik tok videos on the big screen...

Wow, wow, wow.

Is this for real? You are actually comparing your cancelled hockey game with the same grim seriousness 200 preventable deaths if only their leaders bear down really hard on the former recommendations to harden the grid and the generating plants thru winterization.

That's not sensationalizing dude, 200 people dead are 200 people dead, wives without their husbands, husbands losing their wives and kids no longer celebrating their birthdays.

Death from illness is totally different from death from negligence of which people should be held accountable.

What's wrong with you?

RVnet shaming?

Oh the humanity!

I have a burn barrel in my yard.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 797  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.